10/1/21 (Planning thread for those w/ Magic Kingdom ressies on the BIG 50th)!

I'm doing my first DVC stay at the Polynesian for the 50th and got my MK park reservation as soon as I could. I'm really curious how park re-entry may/may not work for that day. Since I have a reservation do we think you can re-enter later in the day or once park hopping opens are all bets off? I'd like to think you'd always be allowed back in if you booked that park specifically and aren't hopping.
I am guessing that you will always be allowed re-entry into your reserved park. Remember all people do not purchase the hopper option and it would be wrong of them to not allow re-entry when those people have no other options.

Literally everybody and their Aunt Susan is going to be trying to hop to MK because they couldn’t get a MK reservation for that day.

The only thing I would go by from this weekend is that getting home after fireworks/park close will be a trial akin to all 12 labors of Hercules at the same time for anybody not staying at a monorail resort. But even that might be helped in some small way if the Deluxe guests are going home an hour or two later because of the benefit which shall not be named.

Thanks for your insight on comparing the 4th to 10/1. Looks like we will assume "the craziest" and anything short of that will be amazing. Heck, it will all be amazing anyway!

I am bracing myself for the exit. Wondering, since I will have my car, if we should drive to the park in the AM. But then, what time will the parking lot open? That might even be more of a hassle than ubering or taking resort bus.
I hope Aunt Susan can get a ressie. :rotfl2:

You’re staying at the Poly lol you’ve got nothing to worry about on that front. You could walk now if you felt like it. That’s why we chose CR for that weekend and I was reminded of why when I saw the bus line for Coronado on Sunday night at park close. The only bad part for monorail resort guests will be just getting out of the park itself. If hours are extended like they were for this weekend, the park will still be open 2 hours or so following fireworks so leaving a bit before park close will be the move imo.

With all the likely long lines for merch, I am sure (even if attractions are closed), it might be some time before the shops on Main Street close their doors.

I'm doing my first DVC stay at the Polynesian for the 50th and got my MK park reservation as soon as I could. I'm really curious how park re-entry may/may not work for that day. Since I have a reservation do we think you can re-enter later in the day or once park hopping opens are all bets off? I'd like to think you'd always be allowed back in if you booked that park specifically and aren't hopping.
I am guessing that you will always be allowed re-entry into your reserved park. Remember all people do not purchase the hopper option and it would be wrong of them to not allow re-entry when those people have no other options.

I agree with @Eastern on this. I don't think it's stated policy anywhere but assumed to be "unofficial" policy.

Thanks for your insight on comparing the 4th to 10/1. Looks like we will assume "the craziest" and anything short of that will be amazing. Heck, it will all be amazing anyway!

I am bracing myself for the exit. Wondering, since I will have my car, if we should drive to the park in the AM. But then, what time will the parking lot open? That might even be more of a hassle than ubering or taking resort bus.
I hope Aunt Susan can get a ressie. :rotfl2:

With all the likely long lines for merch, I am sure (even if attractions are closed), it might be some time before the shops on Main Street close their doors.

Obviously things can (and probably will!) change between now and then, but FWIW as of this past Saturday the resort buses were dropping off before vehicles were being let through the MK toll plaza. I took the first bus from CSR and happened to check my watch when we went over that bypass ramp next to it, at exactly 8 am there were long lines of vehicles still being held there. So I really don't know. Depending on park hours I would probably make sure I got on that first bus from the resort, but a lot of other people will probably be aiming for the same thing. I guess it also depends on where you're staying. I was at Gran Destino last weekend and the tower stop is the last one on the way out to the parks.

We will be staying in Ft Wilderness in the BigAssBus.... so we'll likely be boating over to the MK on the 1st. I need to make an ADR, though..... at least one nice sit down meal would be good during a crazy, fun day! Where's your favorite legacy sit down??

So MK had no park ressies opened for 7/4 and appears to have been considered "full" by Disney standards during reduced capacity if one couldn't get a ressie. From what I can see of some park videos, it didn't look insanely crowded by any means. I guess I hoped that 7/4 would be a peek at what we can expect on 10/1. i.e. if people were turned away from park hopping, etc. I didn't read that was the case, but maybe I missed it.

Disney announced the other day that 10/1 will be the first day that Disney resort guests can enter parks a half-hour (or maybe more) earlier. I find it odd they'd do that on 10/1...at least at MK. Maybe I am imagining insane (pre-pandemic time crowds) and really it won't be like that? Maybe I am crazy to even type that! haha.

We were just at WDW in the middle of June for our honeymoon. The parks were already opening up to an hour early. We got to Hollywood Studios at 8:30 and got right in. And the allowed capacity was lower than it will be for the 50th.

We were just at WDW in the middle of June for our honeymoon. The parks were already opening up to an hour early. We got to Hollywood Studios at 8:30 and got right in. And the allowed capacity was lower than it will be for the 50th.
They aren't doing that anymore. All parks have returned to pre-Covid opening procedures. HS and AK rope drop 20-30 minutes early and Epcot and MK have been "opening" early, but holding people at land entrances until official opening.

We're hoping to be there and managed to get park reservations just a couple of days ago. But many many stars need to align to get us there, not the least of which is being allowed to enter the country. As a seasoned anniversary/big day* guest the crowds don't scare me. But I fear that a lot has changed since 2005, and DL's 50th may no longer be a good reference point. The difference between DLP's 25th and all the other milestone anniversaries was shocking. It's just a theory, but I think the rise of social media and the internet as a whole have resulted in people hyping each other up to new extremes, creating a mad house. It even happened for the opening of Rise when a rumor was going around the Skyliner the night before about Disney closing the line for Rise at 4am on opening day because capacity was so limited that you wouldn't be able to ride if you arrived after 4. I got to DHS at 6:15am and got on the ride just fine. And then I bumped into the people who told me the rumor. They made it to the park an hour later than me and were about 60 boarding groups behind me, but they still got one.

*DL50, DLP5+10+15+20+25, opening of WDSP, a couple of 4th of July's at MK, Thanksgiving at MK, NYE99 at DLP (limited entry), opening of RotR

I'm not planning on being able to do much of anything. I too, wonder about leaving and reentering. Right now the plan is to stay in the park all day. Fireworks spots will need to be staked out hours in advance since it's a new show. Lines for merch will be looooong. The best idea would be multiple locations for anniversary merch, set up kinda like a warehouse tent sale. Don't forget about the events at Epcot to help spread the craziness around.

I'm not planning on being able to do much of anything. I too, wonder about leaving and reentering. Right now the plan is to stay in the park all day. Fireworks spots will need to be staked out hours in advance since it's a new show. Lines for merch will be looooong. The best idea would be multiple locations for anniversary merch, set up kinda like a warehouse tent sale. Don't forget about the events at Epcot to help spread the craziness around.
The warehouse tent sale was exactly what they did on DL's 50th. When entering the park you pretty much had two options: find a spot to watch the ceremony, or get in line for the LE merch. People stood in the merch line for hours to get a LE pin. We opted to stake out for all the events, and still got all the merch we wanted later in the day with minimal wait. But again, different times. Reselling wasn't the business it is today back in 2005.

I got the gold ears at WDW they were selling for the DL 50th. It's a shame they don't hand stitch your name on the back anymore.

First time long time… currently have park reservations for Epcot for 7/1. Any opinions as to whether I should make an effort to secure MK reservations if I can? Will there be equally cool festivities at Epcot for 7/1? This will be our first day at the park for a week long visit.

Has anyone been able to find onsite resort rooms available at all for that weekend? I am looking at Sept 30- Oct 3

Well, I should say anything less than $600 per night?

I have MK park reservations but can't find any resort other than 2 bedrooms villas and suites. Only thing available is AK standard at $600/night.

Has anyone been able to find onsite resort rooms available at all for that weekend? I am looking at Sept 30- Oct 3

I have MK park reservations but can't find any resort other than 2 bedrooms villas and suites. Only thing available is AK standard at $600/night.

Last week they opened All Star Music for reservations & I moved there from All Star Movies. Is that already booked up?

Try looking for something with an arrival date before the 30th. They're enforcing some sort of minimum stay requirement for certain resorts.

We’re taking our 5mo so the plan is to mostly enjoy the vibe/people watch since rider swap seems pointless when it just means spending the whole day apart basically. Really glad we’ll be able to walk to/from the Grand Floridian since I imagine transportation will be a nightmare!

Try looking for something with an arrival date before the 30th. They're enforcing some sort of minimum stay requirement for certain resorts.

Just did some searching. Looks like they might have a 4 night minimum stay to get ASMu. That's a bummer.

Last edited:
Try widening your search- you can always go back and adjust dates.

Attachments

• 0C2A38BE-766B-4DFD-91CB-044EA8A975A4.png
    0C2A38BE-766B-4DFD-91CB-044EA8A975A4.png
    187.9 KB · Views: 8
Just did some searching. Looks like they might have a 4 night minimum stay to get ASMu. That's a bummer.
Four nights at Music is still cheaper than two nights AKL if it's $600/night, so Music would be worth it even if you only spend 3 nights in the room.

Disney has released hours for Magic Kingdom on 10/1, and I am surprised!

9AM to 9PM

I thought if there would be a late night, that would be the night to have one! Of course, things could change as we get closer, so we shall see.

Last week they opened All Star Music for reservations & I moved there from All Star Movies. Is that already booked up?
Can I ask why you moved from Movies to Music?
Thanks for the heads up.... I should have thought to play with the dates as that is how I got what I needed for our Nov. trip.
It is coming up with a 5 night minimum for me. But I can book and then shorten the stay. I only want the weekend.
Thanks!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter