"10/23/2010 Seven Days of Magic Sailing to the Saints Looking for Serenity Now!"

When should the cut-off date be for joining/participating in the FE gift exchange?

• June 23, 2010

• July 23, 2010

• August 23, 2010

• September 23, 2010

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will list all who are going on this post. So, I will try to update it daily.

I put the ages that folks will be the day the cruise begins because that is the way that Disney does it. Make sure that I have all the ages right. But it looks like we will be celebrating quite a few birthdays on the cruise. That will make it even more special.

Sunshine1259 - DW Brenda 50 and DH Eric 50, Cabin 5522, Early Dining.

dencord7 - DW Brenda 47, DH James, DD Cady 14, GS Marco 10, GS Dominic 8, GS Aidan 4, GD Isabella 6, in Cabins 5524 and 7059.
DS Mark 32, DDIL Leonesina 32, Cabin unknown
DMIL Hope, DSIL Samantha, DN Rain 15, DN Jasmine 14, Cabin 5513.

jprsrethi - DH Jake, DW Patti, DS Ryan, DS Seth, Cabin 6070.

101DalmFam - DW Lennie 52, DH Al 52.

Hattiedog - DW Keri, DH Bill, DD Kailey 6, DD Alyssa 4, Cabin 2028.

PaDisneyCouple - DH Sean, DW Christine.

Mrsdn5 - DW Laura 34, DH Shad 30, DD Emmalynn 4, DD Molly 3.

Walt & Di - DW Diane, DH Walt, Cabin 2063, Early Dining.

cntkg1 - DW Nancy, DH Chuck.

JLDSMD - DH Jeff, DW Suz, DS 10, Cabin 5020.

lewiskids004 - DW Sherry, DH Galen, DL 20, RL 18, ML 16, AL 7.

Dyerneeds - DH Mike, DW Robin.

First I would like to say hi to everyone.
Sunshine Brenda like the new title. Boy do I need Serenity Now
I had a busy hard day at work this past weekend I so wish this cruise was closer, two years I might just break:eek:
But I bet with all my new friends :grouphug: that I am meeting here I will be able to pass the time well. :woohoo:
I like comming and seeing all the new post.

I had a busy hard day at work this past weekend I so wish this cruise was closer, two years I might just break:eek:
But I bet with all my new friends :grouphug: that I am meeting here I will be able to pass the time well. :woohoo:

Hi, Colorado Brenda. Thanks. I am with you, I am looking forward to meeting and getting to know folks over the next couple of years :goodvibes . With kids included, we already have almost 50 people who have joined us. I expect that there will be a few more to come along.

Sunshine Brenda,

My llittle ladies will be 8 and 5 on the cruise. I'll be closer to fourty (What does that make me in Mickey Mouse years?)

Bill

Sunshine Brenda,

My llittle ladies will be 8 and 5 on the cruise. I'll be closer to fourty (What does that make me in Mickey Mouse years?)

Bill

Hi, Bill. I changed your Little Ladies ages. As for you, all I know is that it will make you younger than ME!!!:laughing:

Hey, y'all!

We just booked 10 cabins today for a family reunion cruise for 35! :yay: :yay: It's my mom, my three sisters, my three brothers, myself, assorted spouses and 21 young'uns ranging from 15 to 4 in two years. :-)

I love these meets! Eight out of the 35 have been on two other DCL cruises, including the 11-night Special Southern Caribbean back in '06, and for the rest of the group, it will truly be a once-in-a-lifetime vacation. They are soooo excited!:yay: :woohoo:

We can't wait to meet you all. I don't have cabin numbers from my TA yet, but we will eventually. :-)

Looking forward to this thread!

Cindi

Hey, y'all!

We just booked 10 cabins today for a family reunion cruise for 35! :yay: :yay: It's my mom, my three sisters, my three brothers, myself, assorted spouses and 21 young'uns ranging from 15 to 4 in two years. :-)

I love these meets! Eight out of the 35 have been on two other DCL cruises, including the 11-night Special Southern Caribbean back in '06, and for the rest of the group, it will truly be a once-in-a-lifetime vacation. They are soooo excited!:yay: :woohoo:

We can't wait to meet you all. I don't have cabin numbers from my TA yet, but we will eventually. :-)

Looking forward to this thread!

Cindi

Hi, Cindi. Wow!! That is a whole bunch of yall. That is going to be so much for all of you. I will get you started on our cruiser list and you can give more specifics later. Glad to have you all.

:woohoo: I just had to share the "formal" invitation my mom sent out to us all today. This is supposed to be a gift from her to us seven kids and assorted tagalongs (read: families).

Ahoy, Mateys,

This is yer Captain Grammy Goldheart speakin’. Pack your rags, amass yer offspring, and get yer carcasses to the Port Canaveral pier no later than 10 a.m. sharp on Saturday, Oct. 23, 2010. If yer late, ye’ll be a walkin’ the plank, fer sure. Our Family Reunion voyage will span a week’s time and three islands. You have much pillaging to do in order to manage all the loot we’ll be a gatherin’ and the good times we’ll be a havin’.

Here be the docket all 35 of us wayfarin’ scoundrels will be a followin’. Iff’n ye have any questions, send them via sea by corked bottle to Lake Erie.

Saturday
Port Canaveral - 4:00PM
Sunday
At Sea
Monday
At Sea
Tuesday
St. Maarten - 8:00 a.m. - 7:00PM
Wednesday
St. Thomas/St. John 8:00AM - 4:30PM
Thursday
At Sea
Friday
Castaway Cay 9:30AM - 5:00PM
Saturday
Port Canaveral 7:35AM

Be mindful, me rogues, that the ship waits for no one, so be there on time or be keelhauled. Ye can check out our seaworthy raft (?!?!?) at www.disneycruise.disney.go.com where ye’ll see the grub ye’ll have to choke down, the deplorable conditions ye’ll have to sleep in, and the islands we’ll be a’ plunderin’.

More information will be coming as our Captain deems necessary. Yer on a need-to-know-basis, and rit’ now, that’s all ya need to know.

Argh!

Captain Granny Goldheart

I am hoping to keep them all away from the disboards until the cruise because I don't want them to know about any of the "magic" until they actually experience it. :-) But, with 1 year, 11 months, and 11 days to go, I'm not sure they won't find this on their own. :goodvibes

I know it's early, but anybody up for fish extenders? We have three from years past, but the majority of my siblings and families don't have a clue and would have fun making them and getting stuff ready for it. :wizard: And I have one sister in South Africa and a brother from Mexico City, so I'm thinking we'll have some very cool things popping up in FEs.

:woohoo: I just had to share the "formal" invitation my mom sent out to us all today. This is supposed to be a gift from her to us seven kids and assorted tagalongs (read: families).

Ahoy, Mateys,

This is yer Captain Grammy Goldheart speakin’. Pack your rags, amass yer offspring, and get yer carcasses to the Port Canaveral pier no later than 10 a.m. sharp on Saturday, Oct. 23, 2010. If yer late, ye’ll be a walkin’ the plank, fer sure. Our Goldfuss Reunion voyage will span a week’s time and three islands. You have much pillaging to do in order to manage all the loot we’ll be a gatherin’ and the good times we’ll be a havin’.

Here be the docket all 35 of us wayfarin’ scoundrels will be a followin’. Iff’n ye have any questions, send them via sea by corked bottle to Lake Erie.

Saturday
Port Canaveral - 4:00PM
Sunday
At Sea
Monday
At Sea
Tuesday
St. Maarten - 8:00 a.m. - 7:00PM
Wednesday
St. Thomas/St. John 8:00AM - 4:30PM
Thursday
At Sea
Friday
Castaway Cay 9:30AM - 5:00PM
Saturday
Port Canaveral 7:35AM

Be mindful, me rogues, that the ship waits for no one, so be there on time or be keelhauled. Ye can check out our seaworthy raft (?!?!?) at www.disneycruise.disney.go.com where ye’ll see the grub ye’ll have to choke down, the deplorable conditions ye’ll have to sleep in, and the islands we’ll be a’ plunderin’.

More information will be coming as our Captain deems necessary. Yer on a need-to-know-basis, and rit’ now, that’s all ya need to know.

Argh!

Captain Granny Goldheart

I am hoping to keep them all away from the disboards until the cruise because I don't want them to know about any of the "magic" until they actually experience it. :-) But, with 1 year, 11 months, and 11 days to go, I'm not sure they won't find this on their own. :goodvibes

I know it's early, but anybody up for fish extenders? We have three from years past, but the majority of my siblings and families don't have a clue and would have fun making them and getting stuff ready for it. :wizard: And I have one sister in South Africa and a brother from Mexico City, so I'm thinking we'll have some very cool things popping up in FEs.

What a cool invite!!!! It does seem like it will be FOREVER before it gets here. I don't know if you will be able to keep the rest of the gang from finding this site, especially if they are any kind of computer literate.

As far as the FEs goes, I have mine from our last cruise in September. The one that I have is kind of big, but it was great. I was thinking of doing a new one; I'll have to check with Eric and see what he thinks. Although, I might just go ahead and do a new one. Something to think about.

On a different note, this is my 600th post. Yay!!!!

Three of our 10 cabins would be taken care of already, I think, although one might needs a little ... um ... updating. I would like to introduce the idea to my family members over Christmas since we have so long to work on getting gifts to fill the extenders. Ok, we have F.O.R.E.V.E.R until this cruise! I think I like the ones we take in 6 weeks or less, like our first one. Then it went to 13 weeks for the Special Southern Caribbean in 06, and now it's taking TWO YEARS. There's something wrong with this picture. :confused3

Welcome Cindi trying to hide this board from your family:rotfl: I want my family to come here and meet everyone.

I thought we had a big group comming but 35 sure out does ours.

Fish Extenders my Daughter loved them on our last cruise (EB TA 2008) she would race me to check it out. I bought ours on Ebay with our names on them. I guess I will need to Order a new one for all the grandkids.

I also wanted to share that our last dis group we did Tiaras and long gloves on Formal night it was such fun. We got some great pitcures of us looking like the bells of the ball.

Hey, Dencord7, thanks for the welcome. I'd love to see pics of your last formal night get-up. I'm sure all the girls would LOVE to have tiaras and long gloves. We have many drama queens among the grandkids, my own girls included. :goodvibes

I'll have to pull our pics from 06 -- my oldest daughter was 5 at the time and kept doing all this weird posing stuff that was hilarious. I'm not sure where she came up with it, but in some pics she was even wrapping her arms around the top of her head.:confused3 :lmao: My mom and I made a little scrapbook for her to show to her friends, and we did one whole page of crazy poses.

I never thought about e-bay for fish extenders, though I love eBay. Is that what they call them on there or are they listed under a different name?

Hey, Dencord7, thanks for the welcome. I'd love to see pics of your last formal night get-up. I'm sure all the girls would LOVE to have tiaras and long gloves. We have many drama queens among the grandkids, my own girls included. :goodvibes

I'll have to pull our pics from 06 -- my oldest daughter was 5 at the time and kept doing all this weird posing stuff that was hilarious. I'm not sure where she came up with it, but in some pics she was even wrapping her arms around the top of her head.:confused3 :lmao: My mom and I made a little scrapbook for her to show to her friends, and we did one whole page of crazy poses.

I never thought about e-bay for fish extenders, though I love eBay. Is that what they call them on there or are they listed under a different name?

I had my DD add a photo of the two of us on formal night. Please note the Pitcure is one DD took of the two of us herself.

Fish extenders on ebay are called Disney fish extenders I had ours made with our names on them it was great. You can also look at hanging pocket folders there was a couple that were cheaper. But I love the one this lady made for us we chose the color everything.

I also bought personal pillowcases from her for all of the grand kids and I turned them into guest services to have signed.

My husband Alan -41, myself (Alisia-44) and my son Richard - 17 will be returning for our second cruise aboard the Disney Magic. We just got back from our first trip 7-day Western, Room 8546 on DCL and had the best time of our lives:lovestruc We are counting down the days until our next cruise. Our room number for the 2010 cruise is 8530 and we have early dining. In the meantime to keep our minds off the upcoming cruise (LOL :laughing: ) we have booked a trip to Disneyland in June 2009 and November 2009. Looking forward to meeting everyone in this friendly group.

Welcome, Alisia, it is certainly a daunting wait. We're going to the World in February, but still ... we can always come here and commiserate together!:rotfl2:

OK, last time we went DCL, it was the 11 day Southern Caribbean. I had Shirley from The Perfect Gift make up three baskets, one for each stateroom. However, with 10 cabins this time, I just can't see it happening. :sad1: Shirley is a gem, but DCL charges something like $12 or $15 per basket just for a delivery charge.

Soooo, I am thinking of making up little packages here and sending them across the state and then just having them delivered to the staterooms.

I found glo sticks, bracelets and glo earrings for 75% off at one of our local grocery stores. I guess the lady in charge saw me looking at stuff and came over to point out more and she said, "We just want this stuff out of here." I said, "Can I get it any cheaper if I just buy the whole thing?" She sold them to me for 15 cents each. :banana: They also had some kind of glo thing that went in your mouth, but all I could think of was what if it broke? :eek: YUCK!

I went back today and bought 25 pumpkin Pez dispensers for 30 cents each, and some pirate teeth for 30 cents each (they didn't have enough, but I figure we have another Halloween in there before we leave, so I can get the rest of them next year.)

I was so thrilled. :rotfl2:

OK, last time we went DCL, it was the 11 day Southern Caribbean. I had Shirley from The Perfect Gift make up three baskets, one for each stateroom. However, with 10 cabins this time, I just can't see it happening. :sad1: Shirley is a gem, but DCL charges something like $12 or $15 per basket just for a delivery charge.

Soooo, I am thinking of making up little packages here and sending them across the state and then just having them delivered to the staterooms.

I found glo sticks, bracelets and glo earrings for 75% off at one of our local grocery stores. I guess the lady in charge saw me looking at stuff and came over to point out more and she said, "We just want this stuff out of here." I said, "Can I get it any cheaper if I just buy the whole thing?" She sold them to me for 15 cents each. :banana: They also had some kind of glo thing that went in your mouth, but all I could think of was what if it broke? :eek: YUCK!

I went back today and bought 25 pumpkin Pez dispensers for 30 cents each, and some pirate teeth for 30 cents each (they didn't have enough, but I figure we have another Halloween in there before we leave, so I can get the rest of them next year.)

I was so thrilled. :rotfl2:

Good fine. I need to start looking for some good deals

Hi, Everyone. Been out of town, but I am back now. Welcome, Alisia, Alan and Richard. I will add you all to the list.

Cindi and Colorado Brenda, it is never too early to start planning those FEs. I almost didn't finish all the gifts that I wanted to do the last time. But it all was done just in time. Also, this will be a great way to pass the time.

I have a land and sea package booked for August 2009 with my niece and that seems like it will take forever. Alisia, where in Cali to you live? I might have to do a Disneyland trip between now and OCTOBER 2010.

I made our FEs but for the cruise next year, I will have to make a new one for my niece and me.

For our anniversary cruise, I ordered a basket for my husband from Shirley. She did a great job. But you are right, Cindi. It can be very pricey and the delivery charge was $12.00. I might just order one of the gift baskets that DCL offers for my niece.

Anyway, that is all for now. Talk to you all later.

Sunshine, do you have a pattern for FEs? I can't see buying all of those, either, but making them might be an option. I need step by step instructions, though. :rotfl2: :rotfl2: October 2010, are you here yet????

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter