**@@** 11/06/2008 3 day WONDER **@@**

disdel

Ears? Anyone remember the GEnie boards?
Finally back from the 10/06/07 Western Caribbean aboard the MAGIC.
:dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:
:laundy: :laundy: :laundy: :laundy: :laundy: :laundy: :laundy:

BUT - now we need to gather together all those who'll be there for the November 6th, 2008 3-day we booked onboard!

Please join in, we found the October 6th Meets group just a wonderful resource before our first Disney cruise (which was WAAAAY better than the 3 previous cruises we've taken on other lines) and a real fun bunch to be with once onboard.

Thanks to all of them for everything:cheer2: :banana: :banana:
esp. Laurabearz, for coordinating so well both before and during.

I've stolen her thread titling idea with the @@'s, it makes it easy for you to spot our thread among the meets.

So, without further adeiu, let's count down the next 393 days !

ROSTER, 11/06/2008 WONDER

disdel - Ken & (DW)Debbie, dd24, ds, Mom & Dad(for their 60th wedding anniversary), friends Jim & Francine, their dd Daniellle, F-I-L, and his dw

pumpkin5156 me (24), DH (33), DS (2.5)

momtotanmanandraerae - me Kari (33), dh (33), ds (7), and dd (4)

karentan - karen, 28 at the time, and my hubby, gary, 27

Belle26 - there will be 8 of us total - my dh and myself along with two other families

pddmom - dd-5 & ds-3

Chrissybear - Christine, dh Tony and 2 dd 13 and 10 and our ds 7

0506 - Grandma, Daughter and Grand daughter trip

disneyismyname - My mom and I

foofanella - & DH, DD 8, DS 5

Stephanie84 - Steph & fiance'

DorisDan - daughters are Samantha, age 9, and Ally age 8. My name is Doris and my husband is Danny.

Chrissybear - Christine, dh Tony and 2 dd 13 and 10 and our ds 7

faithnthyme - DH - Adrian, Leah (me), DS's - 5 & 7. We have friends going as well - a family of 4 with a boy & girl that are both 7

leanne2255 - DH and I

ajwaspooh - DH, 40; Me, 36; DD, 6; DD, 3

degrapevine - Rose (38) and her Mom, RoseAnne (62)

We are booked for this cruise and it's our first. How fun! I've been waiting to see who else is going...

We are booked for this cruise and it's our first. How fun! I've been waiting to see who else is going...

Welcome, Pumpkin!

I'm so glad SOMEBODY finally found the thread. Let's hope it grows the way our 10/06/07 one did, and I'll try and guide some of the features that worked so great for us with that group. I can't say enough good things about the info and plans that worked so well.

SO- for starters, let's use the first post as a spot to grow our roster - I've added my info, and all those joining in can successively add your own info - as much or as limited as you like. The stateroom #'s and categories came in handy for a cabin tour on the 7 day, but without a sea day on this one, I don't think a scheduled one would work, but perhaps among ourselves we could arrange to see any category cabin we might be interested in. It's how we decided that a Cat.7 would be ok for the short cruise after having the Cat. 5 on the 7 day. And how we'll aspire to a Cat. 2 (like when the lottery delivers:lmao: )

Welcome, Pumpkin!

I'm so glad SOMEBODY finally found the thread. Let's hope it grows the way our 10/06/07 one did, and I'll try and guide some of the features that worked so great for us with that group. I can't say enough good things about the info and plans that worked so well.

SO- for starters, let's use the first post as a spot to grow our roster - I've added my info, and all those joining in can successively add your own info - as much or as limited as you like. The stateroom #'s and categories came in handy for a cabin tour on the 7 day, but without a sea day on this one, I don't think a scheduled one would work, but perhaps among ourselves we could arrange to see any category cabin we might be interested in. It's how we decided that a Cat.7 would be ok for the short cruise after having the Cat. 5 on the 7 day. And how we'll aspire to a Cat. 2 (like when the lottery delivers:lmao: )

This may be a dumb question, but I'm not sure how to post my info on your first post. Sorry :(

This may be a dumb question, but I'm not sure how to post my info on your first post. Sorry :(

umm, now I'm not sure if it can be done - my messages show me an edit button, but I guess only the original poster can edit any given post, I don't see an edit button on the bottom of YOUR posts.

So, it looks like folks will have to put their info on their own post, and I'll cut & paste it into the first page as needed.

Meanwhile, looks like we're the only ones here so far. I'll contact Laurabearz and see how she drummed up business in our 10/06/07 meet.

OK, looks like we're going to have a lot of the ship to ourselves. Where are any other cruisers?

I'm pretty sure we're going to cancel our trip. :( :( so sad, but it's the wisest thing to do at this point. We're going to wait until March to see what happens with our taxes.

I'm pretty sure we're going to cancel our trip. :( :( so sad, but it's the wisest thing to do at this point. We're going to wait until March to see what happens with our taxes.

Sorry to hear that, the thread will be here when Uncle Sam sends you back more than you need for your trip:lmao:

We hope to keep this date, but it may change if it's an advantage to do so for an itinerary in 2009. But I'd rather just do this 3-day anyway, and add another in "09:banana:

Hello! I am subscribing on this thread. My dh and I have discussed the possiblity of doing this cruise today. We are 95% sure we are. We are just waiting till tomorrow to call our member services (we are DVC members) to see what we can get. We will start our vacation with this cruise and then spend a week in Disney World. This would be our first ever cruise. We are so excited! Glad to be a member of this new group. Will let you know tomorrow if we book it!

It would be my me (33), dh (33), ds (7), and dd (4)!

We booked it today! Yeah!! I am beyond excited!

We booked a Cat. 8. We are in stateroom 7008. I can't wait to start discussing it more when the time gets closer!

We also booked our stay at Saratoga Springs for after the cruise. We will stay from Sun. 9th to Sun. 16th!

We booked it today! Yeah!! I am beyond excited!

We booked a Cat. 8. We are in stateroom 7008. I can't wait to start discussing it more when the time gets closer!

That's great! We're also on deck 7, in a Cat.7 at the far other end from you.

We learned so much from these boards that helped prepare:surfweb: :cheer2: - I'm sure you'll do the same! And we'll see where this thread gets to go.
Congrats again.:cool1:

Just trying to drum up business!

Or will just a few of us have the whole ship to ourselves? Along w/ a ton of last-minute FL resident discounts?

Anyone else cruising with us???

I have enjoyed reading tons of trip reports on here about the 3 day cruises. I am so excited to get on the ship - only 291 days!

Anyone else cruising with us???

I have enjoyed reading tons of trip reports on here about the 3 day cruises. I am so excited to get on the ship - only 291 days!

Hi, Kari -
I guess the three-day trips don't generate the traffic here like the longer ones.

Let's keep hoping people join in. I'm expecting at least two more cabin bookings from the DCL HouseParty I was able to hold last week, and I passed around the DISboards info at a AAA Disney presentation I went to two weeks ago.

But for us, I'm looking forward to a great trip in November, when I'll book the NEXT trip for 2009 or 2010!

What's a DCL Houseparty? That sounds very interesting!

We booked our airline tickets a few days ago. We wanted to make sure we get our exact flight times! We are going to fly in on Wed. Nov. 5th and spend the day at Magic Kingdom!

We got our DVD cruise planning guide. I am looking forward to watching that. I also ordered a Passporter for Disney Cruise line off Amazon and it should be shipped soon!

IVE JUST BOOKED!!!!!

its our first cruise, we've booked a category 12 (cant afford a higher category, we're already having 3 weeks in disney!!), its a guaranteed room, so wont know the room number til closer to the time.
it's going to be me (karen), 28 at the time, and my hubby, gary, 27.

so looking forward to it!! can you add me to the list?

count us in, there will be 8 of us total - my dh and myself along with two other families. We've cruised many times before, but it will be the first crusie ever for our friends. We're all really excited, just hoping airfare from Philly starts to come down in the near future.

Doing the Land /sea package. Have been to Disney many times. But this is our first cruise, we are very excited. Grandma, Daughter and Grand daughter trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter