11/22 UPDATEd LIST & CHECK 1st post , Our 5th year of sharing DVC Christmas Tree,

Thank you Lisa for doing such a wonderful job and putting so much time and effort into BWV Tree #1. We absolutely loved it! :santa: I know you must be getting excited for your trip!!! Have a safe and wonderful time.

Awwww; thanks!:hug:

I am getting waaaay excited :cool1: ...hope you and your husband enjoyed yourselves!!

It took only 15 minutes to get it from Bell Services after I called down for it! Thank you to the families who left ornaments...and signed the book. We love reading your stories!

Our luggage didn't arrive home with us and I don't remember who left what, but I will acknowledge when I get things straightened out...One was a wonderful, "Castle in the Woods" ornament, and the other a "Bear on Sled" ornament...both perfect for the VLW theme!!!

Tree is back at Bell Services and ready to be passed along....we this tradition.

Bobbi:goodvibes

We just returned home last night from an amazing stay at VWL. Thanks so much WDWStar for organizing this swap and a special Thanks to our friends for donating a wonderful box of Christmas decorations. Magicalmcwho is an unbelievable tree packer. As an added bonus, we were able to meet the whole family. Thanks also for the plane treats for the way home. Very yummy.
It was really fun for us being part of this special magic. Already I am missing my view and the days at VWL. Thanks again. Hope to do this again really soon, can I wish for 2008??
Happy Holidays to all
Karen

has anyone heard about BWV tree #1 ?? We're scheduled to receive it on Tuesday, when we check in ???? :surfweb:

We had tree #1 from Thurs to Tues when we checked out well before dawn. The box was left with Bell Services (who knew exactly what it was when I picked it up and dropped it off.)

It's a great tree- hope you enjoy it and the surprises in the box! We did. Thanks again, Lisa. And have fun on your trip, too!

We had tree #1 from Thurs to Tues when we checked out well before dawn. The box was left with Bell Services (who knew exactly what it was when I picked it up and dropped it off.)

It's a great tree- hope you enjoy it and the surprises in the box! We did. Thanks again, Lisa. And have fun on your trip, too!

Thanks!! :hug: The pleasure was all mine! :santa:

The tree was PERFECT. It fit the VWL theming to a T. I picked it up when I checked in as my villa was ready early and the tree was the first thing I unpacked. I loved coming back after a day at the parks to a wonderful tree - it really made the vacation studio seem like home :santa:. Thanks to wdwstar for setting the tree swap up and thanks to bzzelady for donating the tree - your taste is impeccable :hug:. Merry Christmas.

OKW tree # 1

Thank you, we enjoyed the tree...
( I packed it up and sent it to BWV on the 14th so it would be ready for the next person checking in on the 15th.)

Dont forget to those that are staying at a different resort then the tree is label, then dont forget to pick up and drop off the tree that the tree is label.

in other words, if your staying at BWV and you are on the VWLTREE # , then dont forget to go to the BWV to pick up and drop the tree off there.

If the tree is not there, then check the resort you are staying, maybe the kind family before yours was thoughtfull and sent the tree over not knowing of the arrangements already made between the family and I.

Happy Holidays !

BCV Tree #1

Checked with bell services when we checked in yesterday and the tree wasn't here, but we noticed the OKW on the list and called bell services at OKW. They found our tree right away and we picked it up tonight. It is beautiful.The family before us reported that the tree had suffered some damage by FED EX but other then some loose Beach Club themed sea shells, it's perfect.

Just wanted to thank WDWSTAR for all her hard work and effort. It really made our Christmas magical.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE!!:santa:

We shipped the BCV #2 down and did have it Dec 5-10, have any of the other families on the list for this tree seen it?

The tree was PERFECT. It fit the VWL theming to a T. I picked it up when I checked in as my villa was ready early and the tree was the first thing I unpacked. I loved coming back after a day at the parks to a wonderful tree - it really made the vacation studio seem like home :santa:. Thanks to wdwstar for setting the tree swap up and thanks to bzzelady for donating the tree - your taste is impeccable :hug:. Merry Christmas.

I'm so glad you enjoyed the tree! My family had a great time decorating it on Thanksgiving Day (and it was funny to watch the people over on the lodge balconies look and point while we were doing the decorating out on our balcony!).
Even if I don't go back down during the holidays next year, I will send it back down for more people to enjoy. It was great fun to be part of this sharing project!

DISNEYNUTZ thank goodness you found the tree, the family before you went to the BCV to pick the tree up, to bring it back to OKW and the BCV couldnt locate the tree, so the family didnt get a chance to have the tree. :sad1:

SSR tree #2 was alive and well waiting for us at bell services. At first, they only brought up 1 box(with the tree) but it had no tree stand. So I called down asking for a second box, and, it magically appeared. The tree is beautiful. Thanks to everyone involved in making the tree swap a reality.

DISNEYNUTZ thank goodness you found the tree, the family before you went to the BCV to pick the tree up, to bring it back to OKW and the BCV couldnt locate the tree, so the family didnt get a chance to have the tree. :sad1:

We also did not get to have our tree. We were at SSR and confirmed for Dec 8th-13th. When I checked in I asked for the tree, and they said Bell Services. I went to Bell Services and they said no tree. I thought maybe the person before me didn't return it yet, because it was only 1:00 pm.

I called Bell Services the next day and spoke to them no tree still....at least they said they couldn't find one. All the trees were out, and there was nothing there with my name or dates on it.

Oh well.....our vacation and stay was still wonderful. It would of been nice to have a tree. I wanted to thank you for all your hard work
This is a very hard thing to organize, and I am sure bell services made a mistake, but I couldn't keep arguing with them on it!!!

SSR tree #2 was alive and well waiting for us at bell services. At first, they only brought up 1 box(with the tree) but it had no tree stand. So I called down asking for a second box, and, it magically appeared. The tree is beautiful. Thanks to everyone involved in making the tree swap a reality.

We had SSR tree #2 also. I asked for it at Bell Services and the gentleman looked at me like I had two heads. :confused3 When I told him exactly what it was all about and to expect other vacationers looking for trees each week, he said he would pass the information along.:thumbsup2

The tree and decorations were very nice. Only one problem, the bottom string of the swag balcony lights were out. We tried to find the bad bulb, but didn'thave any extras to fix it. So we just flipped it over so you couldn't see it from the outside and it still looked great!:santa:

Thanks again for sharing!

SSR Tree #2 is mine.. I will make sure I get a new set of lights for the balcony for next year :-)

Hi! We've heard from the 6bowmans and the VWL tree number 3 is up and accounted for. Merry Christmas to all!!

Bobbi and Tom:santa:

Our family just returned home Friday night (our first stay in a grand villa!) from OKW Friday night. I cannot thank you, Bob, enough for the beautiful tree, all of the trimmings and the thoughtful present for our family that was tucked down in one of the boxes! We ended up using the pretty wreath indoors and hung it from the upstairs railing overlooking the living room. We had my mom, our 2 college age daughters, my sister-in-law and three nephews with us. It was wonderful to see the smiles on their faces, as the boys experienced the magic for the first time, and consequently, images and memories that I will not soon forget!!

From our group of 9, my mom and I did make it to the holiday member mixer this year (unfortunately the others had conflicting fast pass times for Soarin'!). While I admit that I did miss the Christmas parade reindeers that have been there in the past leading everyone in the electric slide and macarena, I was surprised at the number of new friends we made, the beautifully decorated cookies, the crazy comedians floating in and out, and of course, the pewter ornament that they give us as a gift when we the party ends each year. Of all the things we've ever attempted, tried or invested in, the 15 years that we have been DVC members have never ever produced a regret form any of us for even one tiny moment!

We all truly do have a "wonderful family" with a common bond so strong, ...even though most of us have never met! Thank you for being part of that family, and best wishes to everyone for a wonderful holiday season and a happy new year!

We're just back from a wonderful stay at SSR :cloud9: and so enjoyed the Christmas tree! :love: Bell Services had some difficulty finding it, :sad2: but the tree did eventually make it's way to our room where it was enjoyed by one and all.:)
This was our first year to participate and I wasn't quite sure what to expect so went with additional decorations. We had the only balcony with blinking lights :banana: and set the tree in front of the sliding glass doors. I had taken along a penguin tree skirt and also had a large penguin stocking to hang on the door. Even had some cute penguin snack bowls!

Our thanks to wdwstar for organizing this wonderful Christmas event and to laurabearz for donating the tree! Merry Christmas to one and all!:santa:

Our family just returned home Friday night (our first stay in a grand villa!) from OKW Friday night. I cannot thank you, Bob, enough for the beautiful tree, all of the trimmings and the thoughtful present for our family that was tucked down in one of the boxes! We ended up using the pretty wreath indoors and hung it from the upstairs railing overlooking the living room. We had my mom, our 2 college age daughters, my sister-in-law and three nephews with us. It was wonderful to see the smiles on their faces, as the boys experienced the magic for the first time, and consequently, images and memories that I will not soon forget!!

Bonnie,

I'm really glad you enjoyed the tree and decorations. This is such a fun tradition that wdwstar manages every year. I'm glad to be a part of it.

Now that the last (but certainly not least) family has the tree, it is time to post a picture:

257OKW_Tree_3_2007.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter