11/24/07 We are Better Than Leftovers!!! Nana Head reunion Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judy and I take our families to Kon Tiki on St. Maarten...the nudity is minimal and usually folks that NOBODY wants to see naked. We made a big joke out of it. Our DDs were between 10-13 at the time. They only remember the great burgers and chili fries at the Kon Tiki ON THE BEACH restaurant. Too good for words!:confused3

Thanks Robin. I think this is the ticket for us because we really want to see Marigot too. Are you folks going to Kon Tiki again this year?

Eveing All!

Melanie, Has Chris tried the SeaBands for nausea? They really work for my family. My daughter was VERY nausous with her pregnancy wearing the SeaBands took that away. Skylar wears them in the car. They aren't expensive, they might work without taking drugs.

Brantley, My favorite subject WDW! But I would agree with Kathy on her attack to MK. It is not early morning or evening there, so you are OK on that aspect. Are you buying the one day, one park pass? They are open from 8 a.m. to 12 a.m. I definitely would head for THE attraction that you want to see the most. Get a fast pass for something! Sometimes if that is our favorite attraction and there is no waiting, we get a fast pass, ride the attraction and then ride again at fast pass time. We would leave the mass entry attractions for when the park gets busy. The place virtually clears out at fireworks time, but if you're like me...got to see them! Take breaks, grab a Mickey bar and go to some quieter spots. The back walkway between Mickey's Toontown to Space Mountain; visit Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs figures by the castle, behind the Christmas store in Liberty Square, can you find some more?

There I go being long winded again...sorry just can't shut me up when it comes to the world. :love:

Dawn

Hey Jeff... the reference may have been in The Elephant Man but actually I was thinking of Kramer doing the cigar smoke-ins on Seinfeld.

Hi everyone....

OH....tomorrow's question can be asked by my favorite son...Josh...sshhh...don't tell him, he is my only son :rotfl2:

WHAT?!?!? What about little Jimmy? I haven't seen him since dad threw him down a well ;)

Favorite comedy show???
Sienfield, M*A*S*H (My favorite one is when Hawkeye is Officer of the Day:love: )

Ron, Jeff, Rick...It's good to see the men all here again.:thumbsup2

Does this mean we have some "Ron Bon Jovies"??????????????

Disney04084.jpg

I'm off to get some good mexican food!

HA!!! I can't eat mexican food... that is to say school-mexican food. Gives me indigestion something fierce. Does that mean I'm old, or that the school food is laced with poison??
I actually have to avoid the tacos because the last one sent me to the nurses office in pain. SHE GAVE ME FOUR TUMS!!!!
Ah, now we know where our taxes are going to... tums... mmm

Okay, I've caught up on reading. Jabberwaukies... Anywho, I'll be on later to make the 13000th post :thumbsup2 :laughing: :scared: :scared:

Just dropping in to say goodnight. Have to take the van back in to Chrysler because something is leaking. I think it's the oil. Grrrr... then I'll be back hopefully by midmorning.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE RELOCATE TO OUR AREA - MOORESVILLE/STATESVILLE!

We so need principals like you! As a therapist - I would love to have a principal who sees that need and responds to it! I have trouble with administrations who won't even acknowledge the disability or allow it to be OHI for an IEP!

Can I vent about my worst current case situation? A 14 y/o with a serious medical condition that will likely be fatal . . . was on home bound status from November through the end of the year - no teacher sent to the home until MAY! And now they will not allow the child to enroll back into school, even though the doctor says she can return, because they (the school) doesn't think they want to have her there. They said that to the mom! At the county level, no one returns her calls. She requested an IEP and meeting for reviewing the situation on October 3rd, both in writing and via messaging. NO REPSONSE, NO MEETING!

My goodness, i need a vacation!

Hey, Terri, I'm a middle school principal and we created an Asperger's group because we have so many kids. We reallocated funds and created a special class for study and social skills and hired three assistants to support our kids in regular classes. My DD Sarah is good with our kids and can be a help to your DD if needed. Make sure we know her concerns and her strengths, TV shows, etc. Are sunglasses good for her color issues? What TV shows/cartoons does she like? Is she musical? What's her "thing" that she knows the most about? We want to make her comfortable.

For other nanas out there, Asperger's kids are on the high end of the Autism spectrum. Really smart, but with some problems taking cues from others' facial expressions, speech, or behaviors. Kids look just like other kids and are usually quite gifted...I've known some BRILLIANT math and music boys. They just don't communicate well and can have problems with certain colors or sounds. They simply perceive many things differently than others and may respond differently to sensory stimulation. The guy on Boston Legal displays some Asperger's behaviors.

Just talked to DH and we decided to drive over to the port - we are going to WDW for a week when we get back, so i agreed that is probably the best idea.

At least I have a plan! :cool1: :cool1:

Filled out all our on line stuff today - called and our docs were sent to our TA (who is my MIL and lives in CT) - hopefully she will send them to us this weekend!

Hey all, just wanted to say that I'll be up bright and early to ask the QOD.

Boy howdy, I've suddenly realizd how close we are and how far we've come to get on the cruise once again. I sure do hope my arcade cards still work, I've still got a few dollars left in 'em. :confused3

Does anyone think that maybe they will still have Enchanted on the ship? It premieres on the 21st - and is a big Disney holiday release . . .

Since I will likely miss Grey's for two weeks while at sea and WDW, I have to have a Patrick fix!

btw - Any Grey's fans here?

I'm beat. Finally breaking down and going to the doctor tomorrow. Typical man...I HATE going to the docs. I used to have one who would call in a prescription for me based on our phone conversation. When I get a sinus infection, I know it. I can really self diagnose that. But this group I'm with now MUST get their co-pay. :sad2: So i have to go in.

Have a good night all. We're one day closer.

I have lots of experience being at WDW with company during peak seasons, so here is what you want to do first.

Everyone pick the one attraction you just cant miss!!

I need to know that before I can help you with a plan.

But i can say use FAST PASS!!!
Have you used them before?? They are a life saver, but can quickly be gone for the most popular attractions. They give you a 1 hour time frame to return to the ride to get on without long lines, also on the ticket will be a time (before the time you use your ticket) when you can get another fast pass.
so one trick is to get your second fast pass at that time, then you wont have as long a wait for your second fast pass. Keep doing that all day for the attractions that offer them.

also to avoid a fast pass line on the ride do arrive right at the time you can ride, give it 15 minutes, then go, some of the rush will of died down.

When the parade runs in the afternoon and evening is another good time to hit the more popluar rides because thousands will be watching the parade.

Many leave the park right after the parade to relax back at the hotel or to go to another park, so it will slow down a bit then.

I can tell you that when the ropes drop the majority will head for space mountain, or splash mountain and thunder mountain railroad.

If you like these rides, head for splash mountain, grab a fast pass, then walk right next door and go on thunder mountain.
then you should have time to walk around the corner to the Pirates and Tiki Birds and Aladdin. By then you should be able to get a 2nd fast pass for the jungle boat ride.

while waiting for it, do Tom sawyer island, , time to use splash mountain fast pass, then to country bears and the Haunted mansion. at this point we usually send the fastest walker to space mountain to get everyone a fast pass. we meet back for a snack outside the Hall of presidents area, then time to go to the other side of the park.

we do the carousel of progress, the TT&A, by then it will be time to get another fast pass for either Buzz or Stitch rides. Have lunch and over to do space mountain. if time allows we go to the tea cups becasue if they are lined up it still goes fast. Then back to do either buzz or stitch, then grab a fast pass for another attraction and have a snack. it will be parade time so get in position to do what ever you want.
Like the new Monsters Inc laugh comedy club. You can alwasy shop to fill in the time between rides.

Of course you have younger kids so you may want to do the kiddie rides first because most dont have fast passes there.

like I said, tell me everyones must do ride and I will try to give you a tip on which to grab passes for first. We have been to WDW at least 300 times in the last 7 years. So I do know my way around the parks.
Dawn knows her way around too!! Terri too she has been 100 times.

between the 3 of us we will give you some great tips.
you may be sorry you asked:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
3 women with our different ideas about the best way to see the parks

Kathy

Eveing All!

Brantley, My favorite subject WDW! But I would agree with Kathy on her attack to MK. It is not early morning or evening there, so you are OK on that aspect. Are you buying the one day, one park pass? They are open from 8 a.m. to 12 a.m. I definitely would head for THE attraction that you want to see the most. Get a fast pass for something! Sometimes if that is our favorite attraction and there is no waiting, we get a fast pass, ride the attraction and then ride again at fast pass time. We would leave the mass entry attractions for when the park gets busy. The place virtually clears out at fireworks time, but if you're like me...got to see them! Take breaks, grab a Mickey bar and go to some quieter spots. The back walkway between Mickey's Toontown to Space Mountain; visit Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs figures by the castle, behind the Christmas store in Liberty Square, can you find some more?

There I go being long winded again...sorry just can't shut me up when it comes to the world. :love:

Dawn

Thanks Guys!!!!!!

We only have one day tickets for the MK, so that is where we are going to spend Friday before the cruise. We have reservations at the Hotel Royal Plaza. We are driving down after Thanksgiving dinner. Depending on when we hit the road, we will probably arrive around midnight. Then get up the next morning and hit the park.

I would say must sees are the big attractions: All 3 mountains, HM, and Pirates. We do not have any ADRs and we plan on just eating counter service.

We just can't be that close and not hit at least one park!!!!;)

I'm beat. Finally breaking down and going to the doctor tomorrow. Typical man...I HATE going to the docs. I used to have one who would call in a prescription for me based on our phone conversation. When I get a sinus infection, I know it. I can really self diagnose that. But this group I'm with now MUST get their co-pay. :sad2: So i have to go in.

Have a good night all. We're one day closer.

Hope you feel better Jeff. Get something to knock that stuff out. You need to be 100% for the cruise!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter