11/30 has now been given the option of cancelling - note added to DVCers

Status
Not open for further replies.

imgoingtodisney

Goal! going on this cruise 37lbs less and I will e
Just got off the phone with DCL. They have a separate line set up to deal with the cruisers affected by the illness. Now giving the 11/30 cruisers the option to back out.
DH says whatever you want, dear. He doesnt want me to later to say "the 11/30 cruise went out and nobody got sick"

I say you go for it! And have a great time. If alot of people cancel, less crowded ship and a possible upgrade? Hum.....I would definatly go!:Pinkbounc

You've been planning for so long!
There's no guarantee no matter when you go you won't get sick and they are disenfecting the ship, so what's the problem!?!?

Just keep washing your hands!LOL

Scratch
:smooth:

Barb-

I think we'll cancel I can't imagine it being fun with a sick kid and yes we knew this could happen but there is definitely a bug that we know of and I'm sure the first place that it spreads from is the kids club.

I know I won't be able to keep Vincent out of the clubs-so I'm still thinking about it. Just curious what everyone else is doing

Lori

imgoingtodisney: I hope you won't cancel. Granted, I'm not on that sailing, but I thought about it this way. When the stomach virus, or chicken pox or whatever is running rampant through my children's school....I don't take them out. I just do the handwashing lecture extra loudly and spray Lysol.

Good luck with your decisions, future cruisers.

It's got to be a hard desicion. BUT -- if you cancel does that mean that you stay home from work when others are ill -- you don't send kids to school because some kids got sick? Don't go Christmas shopping because the ills are amuck in the mall? It would be such a hard decision to make! I still think the numbers are relatively low. Good luck with whatever decision you make.

Thanks for the update. Personally I would GO, you can get sick ANYWHERE this time of year and 25 people ill is not that many.

Good luck deciding!

Everyone should do what best suits their family. Personally, I feel that the risk of illness has always been there. It is well known that the small confines of a ship contribute! So, my attitude from the beginning has been, it is worth the risk. If my family gets sick, it will be unfortunate; but what if they don't? Why miss an incredible opportunity to show our kids other places? If you cancel, can you be guaranteed an "illness free" cruise when you rebook? I don't think so. Might as well go while the ship is being cleaned extra well, and there is heightened awareness among passengers. Now is probably the best time to go because everyone is thinking about it and are being more cautious! We could stay home and have our kids get sick at school...that wouldn't be any fun either! We are going on the December 14th and we are going to have a great time! It is our first cruise (and due to cost may be the last) so we are going to make the best of it! Good luck to all!:D

if the cruise is going - we're going - just got off the phone with DVC
1st they told me we would loose all 316pts because we would be cancelling within the last 7days - yup, this is true under NORMAL circumstances.
Then they told me the diff in points (about 200) from spending a wk in WDW and going on the cruise would go into our reservations act to be used by the end of our use year which is June.
We go to FL once a year so not planning on it until at least Oct next year (which is already booked)
So no the DVCers dont really have a choice of cancelling or not!
See ya onboard the Magic Saturday!

This is actually getting okay with me either way. If we dont get onboard the ship look out Disney World!
Deluxe concierge presidential suite - hey, I'll have points to burn!

Imgoing,

Go on the cruise. Enjoy yourself. As long as the ship sails go for it. Being a DVC member you will be going to WDW many times. Don't let this make you fear going.

to quote nike "JUST DO IT" i say go. Not that i wouldn't love to meet up with you in disney.. but you know .. ( if it were me and i didn't go i would be kicking myself forever about it.. ) have a great time !! Michelle

If I had the decision to make and sadly I don't:( I would go! If I had a young child 5 or under I might think twice about it because kids younger than that are more likely to not wash their hands properly and be less cautious about putting things in their mouth. With my DD being 8 I think she would heed the warnings and keep her hands clean and out of her mouth.

Just my $.02 Have fun!!!!!:bounce:

My daughter and I both have had the Norwalk virus and no it is NOT fun. My daughter got it first and I got it from her 48 hours later. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. But, that being said, it is very limited in duration (24-48 hours) and then you feel ok again. My daughter recovered in less than 24 hours. My husband never did get sick (thank goodness as he's diabetic). He was extra vigilent in handwashing. He did alot of the cleaning up after my daughter as he was home alone with her when it first hit.

Your son is old enough to understand the hand washing and not touching your nose or eyes concept. So, I'd say go for it. You can avoid it if you're careful.

I got the bug and I live in Chicago. My DH got it a few days later and my son hasn't gotten it at all. It's been over a week so I think he is okay.
The point being, you don't have to be on a ship to catch a bug. Go on your cruise and have a great time!:D

just got off the phone with dcl - now there are 60 reported! they said they get updated from the ship at noon every day - and yes they are calling the 11/30 cruisers

I would go. Remember how people were asking if vacation plans were going to be kept after 9/11/01? People have lives to lead and plans are made, and life does go on.
Plus, after 9/11, when people asked if it was safe to travel, it was probably the SAFER than before 9/11 because people were taking precautions, etc. The same with the ship. It's going to be spotless and every precaution will be taken. Safety factor will be heightened, not diminished.

Also, not to put a damper on things, but (as a fellow DVC member) trying to use your points at WDW at this late date and in the midst of busiest time of the year, is going to be slim pickings, if any luck at all!

Go cruising and enjoy!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter