11/8/03 Western Cruise roll call.... "looking for info from DISers"

Golden Mickey's doesn't begin on the Magic until December. I know I was dissapointed about this too...

Dec 6 will be the first Magic cruise with Golden Mickey's. I saw it on the Wonder last month, and was very impressed - it was better than I expected it to be. Guess everyone will have to cruise again to see it next time. I liked it better than Disney Dreams (which is too goody-goody for me).

Linda,

Imgoingtodisney informed me that Troy's birthday is on Friday and wanted me to say happy birthday from her.

Please accept our sincerest wishes also.

See you soon.

Beverly

Originally posted by disneyeveryyear
Linda,

Imgoingtodisney informed me that Troy's birthday is on Friday and wanted me to say happy birthday from her.

Please accept our sincerest wishes also.

See you soon.

Beverly
Thank you so much Bev and Barb! Yes, our goblin turns 11 on Halloween, which always makes for an interesting birthday. He already has plans for how to spend his birthday money on the cruise.....

Hello Everyone,

This is David from the state of total confusion. We made the move this past weekend and God only knows where things are. Been using Alison's deorderant for almost a week now. Starting to get use to that powdery scent.

This is the last weekend before the cruise. Last chance to get to Walmart and pickup lanyards, kids goggles, a tropical/mexicali shirt, pilow cases, sunscreen etc. Make your list and hit the aisles.

I will be sending out an update late tonight with lots of info.

See you all soon.

TTFN
david

Just as a reminder, we will be on board for Veteran's Day. I'm bringing along some small flags to, hopefully, be able to decorate
our door. DH is a Vietnam Vet and knows how much being remembered means. Also acknowledging support for our troops now serving around the world. See you all soon. Diane

Originally posted by Figgy77
Just as a reminder, we will be on board for Veteran's Day. I'm bringing along some small flags to, hopefully, be able to decorate
our door. DH is a Vietnam Vet and knows how much being remembered means. Also acknowledging support for our troops now serving around the world. See you all soon. Diane
What a great idea! We'll bring some flag items also.

Hi everyone!
We just booked 3 days ago and found this board shortly after!
I'm Jessica (26), DH is Ben (27) and we're bringing along our little one Haley - she is 4 months and yes we are nuts but we would rather be nuts on the Disney Cruise than at home for a week! She's a great baby and we know we'll have fun introducing her to all of our favorite characters! See you in 8 days!:wave2:

Well, well, well. My Dad's wife just called me and they are not going on the cruise! Her son is in Iraq and just found out he is coming home for a 15 day leave on NOV. 9th!!!!!!!!!! He was supposed to come home Dec. 1 and they just changed his date. I'm so disappointed. I guess this means I'll have to hang out with and talk to my DH all week! ;) (that's a joke - I love hanging with him!) My DH and I are still going.

Welcome to the new folks, sorry some others won't be goining us.
It's hard to believe that a week from now we'll be in our Happy Limo on the way to the port. Yeah!!!

I hope you had a wonderful Halloween. Our weather was fantastic....in the 70's which is un heard of for this time of year in Rochester NY "the land of the snow shovel" as David has named us!

See you in a week!

We still need two more for the Scavenger Hunt in Key West!! There were a few people intrested but I need 10 paying people (ages 11 and up...10 and under are FREE) before I can make the reservations.

This should be a great way to see the sites in Key West! A common question/concern was the speed of the scavenger hunt. Each family is their own team and you decide how fast or how slow you complete the course. I have smaller children and we are not going to run around like the "amazing race" This is our first visit to Key West and we want to take in the sites like any tourist.

The cost is only $20 for adults, children 10 and under are free. We planned on starting at 1:30 and it lasts approx. 3 hours, so there will be plenty of time for the festivities at sunset. Anyone who wants join in the fun please email me by Sunday night so reservations can be made Monday. Thanks,
Lisa
sandlabel@cs.com

We woke up this morning to our DD telling us that in one week we will be going on the cruise!!!

Wow! I got really industrious this morning and got DD and DS's clothes together. Mine are next. DH is on his own.

See you guys in a week!!!
MK

Imgoingtodisney has asked me to post more b-day wishes.

Happy birthday today to Disney6's DH.

So sorry that your parents aren't going but how wonderful about the early leave.

Happy birthday also to mactld's DD and to Sue (wdw1972) on November 4th.

See everyone on Saturday, next.

Originally posted by disneyeveryyear
Imgoingtodisney has asked me to post more b-day wishes.

Happy birthday also to mactld's DD and to Sue (wdw1972) on November 4th.

See everyone on Saturday, next.

Thank you! :earsgirl:
I spent today packing! I leave at noon Tuesday, spending a few nights at the Food & Wine Festival before the cruise. Looking forward to seeing everyone Saturday. I'll be wearing my green cruise shirt that day - and Sheila might be wearing her blue one. I shouldn't be too hard to spot - short, petite female with no kids in tow!

Hope everyone has a safe journey to our cruise!

We finally got our 10 participants for the scavenger hunt!! In fact we have 15 and 4 "free" children. The reservations have been made and an email with all the details has been sent out to everyone who wanted to join in. It's not too late if anyone else wants to join us, just let me know.

I have officially got the luggage out of the basement, but it remains empty. The plane leaves in less than 72 hours...I think I have some work ahead of me!

I am getting excited!!!:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:
Lisa

Lisa~

I saw a poster on Cruise critic Disney board who was looking for 11/8 cruisers to particiapte in the scavenger hunt. You may want to email them about your group.

Only a few more days...

~ Linda :boat:

Someone from our board already found them ....I have been in contact with them and I believe they are going to join us.

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Lisa

Chris & Joe had a great idea for placement for our first DISmeet at about 4:30 on Saturday:

"deck 10 midship overlooking Goofy's family pool between the two red stacks would work well. Can't miss the stacks! Midship elevators and steps will deposit us right in the forward stack.

We could start out meeting on the starboard side (the right as the ship moves forward) as everyone enjoys waving to those on shore as the ship passes out of the port. The last piece of land is a campground/beach and is always filled with well wishers as the campers gather their children on the shore to get a glimpse of the Magic as it leaves. It's a neat reminder of how lucky we are to be aboard! Be sure to pack some bubbles as they work fabulously with the wind from sailaway...and the kids (all ages) love them. It has also been sort of a DIStradition.

If everyone shows up we can encircle the entire overlook as the top deck is fully open there. The music for Sailaway party generates from the stage below so we won't miss a thing. Outlook Bar is also nearby just on the forward side of the front stack incase anyone needs a refill on sailaway sips!"

David, if you send out one more message - please include this.

Otherwise, I look forward to meeting all of you on Saturday, or on Monday for our wine tasting.

Beverly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter