12/09/06 Cruise Continued ~ Pirating Bananas DIS Geekorama Part 2 Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Angie...I am back - so far no news...but that's always good news right? Ran some tests (blood work) and since it seems to "have gone away" he is really not sure. Maybe I am nuts!!

I called DCL while I was waiting...these are the movies for our cruise:
Cars
Chicken Little
DeJaVu?
8 Below
Narnia
POTC DMC
Santa Clause 3
Shaggy Dog
The Guardian
The Prestige?
The Wild
Stick it?
Step Up?
Invincible

becka said:
No Christmas decorations for us. We have too much other stuff to worry about bringing. We will enjoy the decorations elsewhere on the ship. :)

That's how I'm thinking. I want to pack as light as possible, which isn't easy.

GoofyforGoofy said:
Well, the math lesson turned out bad (the dog even ran and hid) ...DD wanted help but when I started to explain it, she says,

But thats not how we were taught to do it...
Ummm, yeah, so if you were taught to do it, WHY ARE YOU ASKING ME? :furious:

Ok, this is how you need to do it...
NOOO. Thats not right, I don't want to do it THAT way!!!
Ok, well what does your book show you?
I don't know, I didn't bring it home.
WHAT!!?!? :crazy:

Ok, 2x plus 2 equals 9 times "the quantity" 9 minus x and...
But dad, I don't know what that means...
"the quantity" means whats in the parenthesis...
But she didn't teach us that!
So what, thats the way it is...
But dad,:crazy::furious:

I guess the sad thing is that I failed algebra and ended up taking it a second year. Sad but true.

After that, I needed DIS time...and had work of my own to do...ANYTHING but that! :sad2:

Sounds just like the conversation I had with DD! It was soooo frustrating! I swear they are teaching it differently these days... :sad2:

I am trying to track my OT order...the carrier is one I have never heard of and if I click on tracking...it comes up to an it can't connect webpage. :(

lillygator said:
I am very pleased with the outcome of Dancing with the Stars...

to me, when they announced the winner and what Emmitt said and how Mario and his girl were reacting and what they said spoke VOLUMES. Don't get me wrong Mario is an excellent dancer and those dimples would do me in every time, and I know they were disappointed but Emmitt was so gracious and said nothing but nice things and Mario and his girl...well...she was shrugging her shoulders and well....it just didn't sit right with me.

And wow, Emmitt's wife is gorgeous!!

So true V. Emmitt has always been gracious, even during his football years. (Go Boys!! :cheer2: ) Seems like we are with the majority. I think part of it was that so many made it a "Latino" thing instead of just leaving it how it was. KWIM?

lillygator said:
I am trying to track my OT order...the carrier is one I have never heard of and if I click on tracking...it comes up to an it can't connect webpage. :(
Everything I've ever ordered from OT has arrived quite quickly. My box was sent UPS (did not request any upgraded shipping; my order qualified for the free shipping).

87Heel said:
Hey, all,
Just heard on the news that there was a tornado in Montgomery, AL, last night. Hope all is well with RealMickey and his friends and family.

:grouphug: :grouphug: and pixiedust: pixiedust: coming their way!

brack said:
Me too. He would be really good there. I can see him sitting with me on a deck chair all day.

Can you teach him to act like a stuffed toy?? ;)

brack said:
Thanks.

Maybe we can all have our pirate: count on our name badge. That would give the other passengers something else to wonder about!
:rotfl:

Sounds great, but you can go back and find that information! :rotfl:

Speaking of tracking orders.... all of the gifts (and MY CAMERA!!!) have still not arrived... orders still processing. I've even called and nagged. I realize that if you have a bunch of internet orders that your credit card will hold things (watching out for fraud) but I've talked with the credit card company and they have approved the charges.... so frustrating. I WANT my new camera so I can learn how to use it! And I NEED the gifts for the people I will see at Thanksgiving.

brack said:
MS is a bad thing! My Mom found out she had this when she was 30yo. She finally died of complications from MS (not MS it doesn't kill) when she was 46yo. It was hard on her and Dad for years.

My heart goes out to Holly and your Doc.

:grouphug: It must have been hard on you also.

BuzzBoyMom said:
Hey - they are small!!!!! HONEST!!!!!! Like the size of 4 packs of paper...that size!!!!

Put them all in one big box! :thumbsup2

I'll have to finish posting when I get back from picking up Dina. I have to get a pre-cookie count for the new leader together. We'll stop to see DH and then rn to Michael's before I put in an order online. :teeth:

kimerinc said:
Andy,

I am reading these slowly and i think you are telling me another GA tall tale! I have never seen that show and believed every single word you said. Now I am wary, I mean really, are their any texans or Arizonans on this cruise (except Aaron)... Armadillo.... :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Uhhh Kim...An Armadillo is an Animal that you find in Fl....Little, hard skinned, like a possum.....

When you say Texas...do you mean Amarillo?

II. GEOGRAPHICAL RANGE AND HABITAT:
The nine-banded armadillo is distributed from Peru and northern Argentina to south-central and southeastern United States. It is also found on the islands of Grenada, and Trinidad and Tobago.
Its habitats include temperate forest, tropical rain forest, tropical deciduous forest, tropical scrub forest, tropical savanna and grasslands.
Armadillos like to live close to water. In places where the climate is usually arid, they tend to concentrate near streams and water holes.

goofyforlife said:
Uhhh Kim...An Armadillo is an Animal that you find in Fl....Little, hard skinned, like a possum.....

When you say Texas...do you mean Amarillo?

yeah, they are usually the front runner at the "You Kill It We Grill It Cafe" down here! Along with possums and racoons.

VII. MORE ARMADILLO FACTS:
Despite its common name, the nine-banded armadillo can have as few as seven or as many as 11 bands.
Contrary to popular belief, the armadillo does not curl up into ball when threatened.
The armadillo is the state mammal of Texas.

becka said:
Yes. He took the Disney Shopping JS costume and added some of his own pieces. I think he loves it although I really don't want to have to deal with bringing that bird thing. :sad2:

LOL... You could call it your bathroom bat. :teeth:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter