12/09/06 Cruise Continued ~ Pirating Bananas DIS Geekorama Part 2 Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no!!! We were supposed to be chomping for Vanessa's camera. OY! LOL! Great picture none the less. Dennis had a great group shot...or I thought so at the time. We'll see when he gets back from the.....cruise. :(

I WAS doing the Gater chomp! :cheer2: Looks kind of silly since I am the only one! :rolleyes1 :lmao:

Christmas???? Is Christmas near? :confused: I'd better get started! OY!!

I don't have a thing for anyone for xmas.....!

I asked Dennis on the plane yesterday if I really have to set up the tree this year. UM... :eek: YES! He said. :sad2: So, online shopping, pay the extra shipping to get stuff delivered by Christmas, Dennis will work on the cards in the next couple of day....if he is not working...and I will try to get that tree up by this evening. :rolleyes:

Welcome Back Angie!!!

I thought of you and Dennis yesterday and I was hoping your transition back to the real world would not be too bad. I guess it helps when you know that in less than 6 months you get to spend another 2 weeks on the ship, huh?

We got 4 inches of snow here this weekend. The kids are having lots of fun playing in it. It really is starting to feel like Christmas around here. I still have some shopping to do but not too much. Right now I am just waiting on a bunch of packages to come in. I think most of them will get here in time but this is one that has 2 of DH's presents that may be cutting it close.

Since it looks like our December cruise is probably not going to happen DH and I are talking about other options. We are considering a longer vacation in June 2009 right after school gets out back to WDW. We might want to do 8-9 nights at WDW this time. One of the downsides was no beach like on the cruise but then it hit me .... Vero Beach. We are not DVC but I was thinking we might be able to rent points for a 3 night stay after our WDW trip. I know John has been there - how is VB? Is the beach nice? Is there a lot to do for younger kids - DD would be 4 and DS 7.

Becka, I just say how cool the new photos are, love them!

Pj

Ps. I hear that Vero is a a very peaceful! A great way to end a Florida trip.

Ok we are still getting the storm up here, but just to have some fun, last year,
IMG_0013.jpg

Today,
IMG_2590.jpg

IMG_2587.jpg

Pj

Becka, I just say how cool the new photos are, love them!

Pj

Ps. I hear that Vero is a a very peaceful! A great way to end a Florida trip.

Thanks! We have so many great pics from this trip. We really had a fantastic time. It was so much fun I am not quite as disappointed about probably not being able to cruise. However, the one thing my kids really missed was some beach time which is why I was considering Vero. It sounds pretty relaxing which could be very nice.

PJ - The snow looks very pretty. How much have you gotten?

We sailed thru Tropical Storm Olga just before it became a hurricane last week. Several people were sick Sunday night thru Monday night. We had 30 foot swells! Whoa! I went to sleep and slept thru all the fun during the night. DSIL went up on deck to check it out and he said the water was splashing up on deck 9. :eek:

Angie, sounds like we had it easy back in October, just 20 ft swells. We had pool water coming over balconies and down staircases.

We ended up with 12-14" of snow, they say the morning drive should be fine, lol.

Pj

Angie, sounds like we had it easy back in October, just 20 ft swells. We had pool water coming over balconies and down staircases.

We ended up with 12-14" of snow, they say the morning drive should be fine, lol.

Pj

Yep, finally got my mom and sis to go with us. We promised that it is past hurricane season and would be smooth sailing. :rolleyes: So, of course some freak mid Dec hurricane happens this trip! :sad2: My sis was sick Sunday evening and missed formal night, but my mom had gotten a patch from her doc and she did fine.:)

Everyone must be busy with the Christmas/holiday of your choice shopping/baking/card-writing! Or some are suffering from post-vacation catch-up on life, I guess!

Hope all are well!

Marielle . . . do you hear the footsteps? . . .

That's the Browns, sneaking up on the Steelers from behind . . . Now tied with the SAME record!

Alex and I were at that game yesterday in the snowglobe they called Browns stadium - what a game!

Thanks! We have so many great pics from this trip. We really had a fantastic time. It was so much fun I am not quite as disappointed about probably not being able to cruise. However, the one thing my kids really missed was some beach time which is why I was considering Vero. It sounds pretty relaxing which could be very nice.

PJ - The snow looks very pretty. How much have you gotten?

Becka, we absolutely LOVE Disney's Vero Beach Resort! If you want any info, let me know!

We sailed thru Tropical Storm Olga just before it became a hurricane last week. Several people were sick Sunday night thru Monday night. We had 30 foot swells! Whoa! I went to sleep and slept thru all the fun during the night. DSIL went up on deck to check it out and he said the water was splashing up on deck 9. :eek:

Amy and I would have LOVED that! How cool!

It was so great to see you guys Angie! Sorry I did not get to say goodbye - Sophia dragged me into the shop at AKL.

That's the Browns, sneaking up on the Steelers from behind . . . Now tied with the SAME record!

Alex and I were at that game yesterday in the snowglobe they called Browns stadium - what a game!

Ummm... I don't think they need to sneak up... the Steelers haven't shown up for a whole game in at least a month. And I've come to accept that the Steelers are not going to defeat the Pats or Colts this year anyway, so in the end it just doesn't matter (see, it's much better if I eliminate any expectations). Although if it stays a tie, the Steelers have the head-to-head tiebreaker, I think.

Becka, we absolutely LOVE Disney's Vero Beach Resort! If you want any info, let me know!

Amy and I would have LOVED that! How cool!

It was so great to see you guys Angie! Sorry I did not get to say goodbye - Sophia dragged me into the shop at AKL.

No problem, John. We kind of had to rush out too. The family was waiting to head over to the port. It was great to get all those geek hugs! :grouphug:

Oh, John!

You and Alex were at the game, did Amy have hot cocoa ready when you came in from the blizzard?

Pj

Lisa - I am mostly ready for the kids but I have not bought anything else for anyone including DH. :eek: That is what is starting to freak me out. I also have not done Christmas cards yet this year and I don't know if they will even get done at this point.

THat's okay...I just figured out what to get Mike last week and ordered one today. :) Sorry hon...not going to post it in case you read this. :surfweb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter