12/09/06 Cruise Continued ~ Pirating Bananas DIS Geekorama Part 2 Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
pyramid2000 said:
I used to loath being called Carol while I was in HS. There was a girl in my class with this name, but her nickname was Lolli (yes, really! :rotfl: ), and I could NOT stand this girl. So I got the creeps if someone called me Carol.
I think DrHug told you that his mom's name was Caroline also. He, of course, really likes that name. Lots of people pronounced it Carolynn for her also but she was NOT shy about correcting them. :lmao:

87Heel said:
Thanks, I always read it as CaroLINE, but some Carolines are pronounced Carolyn.

And if it wasn't clear to anyone, mine is like Maryellen without the "N" at the end.

And what a beautiful name. :thumbsup2

pyramid2000 said:
I used to loath being called Carol while I was in HS. There was a girl in my class with this name, but her nickname was Lolli (yes, really! :rotfl: ), and I could NOT stand this girl. So I got the creeps if someone called me Carol.
I promise not to call you Carol!

As for strange nicknames. My DS has been calling Eliza - LieLie. It is cute but I hope it doesn't stick...for her sake!

:rotfl:
pyramid2000 said:
Hey Brandi, will you be drinking at all while at the beach?? :confused3

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
I will be so busy following the stupid recipes I won't have time to drink!!!! :rotfl:

MrsMork said:
I think DrHug told you that his mom's name was Caroline also. He, of course, really likes that name. Lots of people pronounced it Carolynn for her also but she was NOT shy about correcting them. :lmao:

Yes I do remember this! I usually just let it pass though. Mom is the name I am trying to get out of being called! :lmao: :lmao:

Ok, my real name is Angela. That is just Angel with an a on the end. :rolleyes: :lmao: DrHug can attest to the fact that the name fits perfectly. :rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao:

87Heel said:
Thanks, I always read it as CaroLINE, but some Carolines are pronounced Carolyn.

And if it wasn't clear to anyone, mine is like Maryellen without the "N" at the end.
Thanks for the clarification. I seriously was not thinking it that way in my head!

I didn't even go into the names I have been called from nieces and nephews! :rotfl: They range from Aunt Yayine to Rarine to Yaddie! :lmao: :lmao:

pyramid2000 said:
Yes I do remember this! I usually just let it pass though. Mom is the name I am trying to get out of being called! :lmao: :lmao:
The only way you will get out of that now is when it changes to Grandma! :thumbsup2

klineyqueen said:
As for strange nicknames. My DS has been calling Eliza - LieLie. It is cute but I hope it doesn't stick...for her sake!

When DS finally started talking, he couldn't pronounce his big sister's name (Elizabeth). Unfortunately, his attempt was Bish, which sounded more like a much uglier word.
Now he's moved on to Wizzabip.

I am so tired. I think I will head to bed. Have fun guys. I'll catch you tomorrow...who knows how many recipes I will find by then! ;)

I was on a drink hiatus for over 3 years. From the time I decided I wanted to have a baby (Jake) until about 2 months ago. I was "alcohol free" the whole time I even thought about having a baby. Now that I won't be doing that anymore....I may as well have a few drinks...my kids are driving me to it! :rotfl: :rotfl:

MrsMork said:
The only way you will get out of that now is when it changes to Grandma! :thumbsup2

I think I will like that name better! ;) But in due time. All in due time. :lmao:

87Heel said:
When DS finally started talking, he couldn't pronounce his big sister's name (Elizabeth). Unfortunately, his attempt was Bish, which sounded more like a much uglier word.
Now he's moved on to Wizzabip.
He can say Eliza...for a long time he called her Baby Liza. But now he is stuck on lielie....who knows the thought process of a child!

Now that I am ready for bed...the DDs (Darn Dogs) want to go outside....GRRRR!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter