14 day vacation pass question

nzer

Earning My Ears
Just wondering if anyone else has heard that as of next year, the 14 day pass available to Aussies and Kiwi's is going to be changed to a 10 day pass?

We have already bought our passes from Flight Centre and plan on using them Jan 8th-20. I've read all the fine print on the voucher and there is no date that they expire. However, according to Mousesavers, "The 14-day tickets expire 13 days after first use or on January 13, 2013, whichever occurs first"

Please, please can someone clarify this for me. Surely if it's not stated on the voucher, then they have to honor what we bought. We want to go for 14 days, not 10 and have organised our accommodation around the 14 days.

Any help to ease my mind would be greatly appreciated:confused:

Where did you hear about the number of days dropping. We will only need the 10 days, but I was curious as to where you heard this?

Mousesavers as well..."starting in 2013, the 14-day ticket will no longer be available. The longest ticket available for Aussies and Kiwis will be a 10-Day Disney Vacation Pass, which is basically a 10-Day Disneyland Park Hopper ticket, including one Magic Morning admission. This ticket is only sold in Australia and New Zealand, through travel agents. Retail price in New Zealand is approximately NZ$380 for adults (ages 10+) and NZ$355 for kids (ages 3-9). "

Someone on Trip advisor also commented that their travel agent at flight centre in Melbourne had given her a quote for the 10 day pass for next year.

I can't seem to find anything official though ( i don't want to ask our travel agent because they might take our 14 day pass off us ;) )

My presumption would be that, if Disney has already sold it to you (sure via the Travel Agent and wholesaler, but they still sold it), then they will have to honour it for you and others in the same situation, even if the rules are changing for those that buy now.

I also read that last week, it is depressing as we want to go for at least 2 weeks next year.

I also read that last week, it is depressing as we want to go for at least 2 weeks next year.

14 day ticket is DL. WDW is only a maximum of 10 days and then an Annual Pass.

well this is sad. the 14 day pass was cheaper than a 3 or 4day hopper, so we fully intended to buy the 14 day pass regardless of our trip duration as it was exponentially cheaper.

i just went to expedia.com.au and entered anaheim into the activities field... last week this generated prices of approx $204.60 for a 14 day pass for my dates next year.

this week, it is showing only 2, 3, 4 and 5 day hoppers for those dates for disneyland.

grrrr. i adored the 14 day passes. i will be extremely displeased if this is no longer for sale for us :(

Hi. Yep it was me that was quoted the 10 day pass from Flight centre. I also checked Mouse savers and it was confirmed there. The price Flight Centre quoted for 3A1C 10 day tickets was about $200 more than the 14 day tickets from this year. Very disappointing. I'm now waiting on Expedia and Air New Zealand holidays to release prices for next year. I hear Air New Zealand holidays may be cheaper than others.
Will just have to sit and wait!

nzer,

You could check with your travel agent, but I'm pretty sure the expiry date you mention would apply only if you redeemed your voucher this calendar year.

The voucher for our July 2012 visit was from Flight Centre as well and I have one of the passes that we were issued when we redeemed our voucher at the Disneyland ticket booth.

On it is written:
Not valid after 1/13/2013.
First visit must occur by 12/31/2012, expires 13 days after first visit.

I would add that I am pretty certain that the passes we had three years ago, that were used in September, also had to be used for the first time by the last day of December the same year.

I'd be needing that 21 days pass but with the price hike it might be worthwhile getting an ap. We always buy the 14 day passes for Disneyland so I'll be sad next year if we can't get them :( I like the option of having over 10 days. With a family of 6 it is going to cost us soooooooooooooo much money.

expedia.au is still selling 14 day passes for $288.18 aud for my dates of feb 1-9 2013...but i only need 9, so if they change to 10 days it wont affect me.

maybe I'll buy them dec 31, just in case they get rid of them all together in the new year....

Thanks for all your replies. I'm not going to stress about it any more...I think we'll be fine.
Our girls woke up this morning very excited...."We're going to America next month! We're going to America next month!" I think they've told anyone who'll listen. Mind you, I feel just as excited. :woohoo:

just buy them for previous dates, i dont think the tickets will have the exact dates printed on them.....when I buy mine next month I'll let you know if they are date stamped:confused3

just buy them for previous dates, i dont think the tickets will have the exact dates printed on them.....when I buy mine next month I'll let you know if they are date stamped:confused3

they are date stamped it has a date on it the voucher must be redeemed by unless they have changed them

that's very sneaky, they used to be expire 14 days after first use. Is that the same with the flight center ones? i will have to check it out on the weekend. If anyone buys the expedia ones soon would like to know what it says on them, the website stupidly still says expire January??

I checked up to march and they still came up, maybe if I check later in november or early december.

I bought my Expedia 14 day tickets last week. They have valid dates: 29 November 2012- 8 December 2012.

The ones we bought from Flight Centre (who book through infinity holidays) say on the voucher..."Departs from ANAHEIM on Tues 08 Jan 2013"

On the print out that comes with it it says..."Voucher must be redeemed within 60 days of the date of original arrival"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter