14 day vacation pass question

I have read on another messageboard that, starting in April 2013, these will still be sold as 14 day passes, but entry to the parks will be for any 10 days of the 14.
A poster had contacted Disney and was given these details in a written reply.
No mention was made of pricing.

10 out of 14 is pretty good, but my guess is that the price won't drop any. We're in Anaheim for 2 weeks. Would love to have the option of going every day. Greedy, I know!!

10 days out of 14 would still work for us and in the past the 14 day vouchers have been comparable to a 5 day park hopper via disneyland.com. I read elsewhere that the 10 day passes are goibg to be approx 380nz which is around 320 - 340aud. If that is the case... Ouch. That ia quite the price hike especially for less days :(

Does anyone know where i can purchase 10 day Disneyland Hopper passes for May 2013. I want to pre purchase them in Australia before we go. Expedia doesn't yet have them available for May and flight center is quite expensive (especially as we need to buy for a family of 6.. ouch!) If anyone has any other information that would be awesome.

Gibbos said:
Does anyone know where i can purchase 10 day Disneyland Hopper passes for May 2013. I want to pre purchase them in Australia before we go. Expedia doesn't yet have them available for May and flight center is quite expensive (especially as we need to buy for a family of 6.. ouch!) If anyone has any other information that would be awesome.

Hey gibbos. Welcome. Only places i know that sell the 14 day passes here in aus are flight centre and expedia. There is talk these tickets wont be available next year so if you can get them and they will still be valid then i recommend getting them. Disneyland tickets are expensive and are usually not released with any kind of discount or cheaper pricing :( good luck :)

confirmed by Disney Australia ticket sales manager 23 Nov 2012
14 day pass no longer available after 31 Mar due to lack of demand
10 Day pass will be available, already available via Flight Centre and Qantas Holidays ~$AUD304 at present
I think the real reason is like food, smaller package size, same price; this is in line with Disney price increases ~Jul 2012 of all tickets / passes to cover cost of Cars ride
Not happy we are going in May for 16 nights and can only access 10 day pass for a lot more than we paid for 14 day pass 2 years ago i.e 40% increase

dineydisneydisney said:
10 Day pass will be available, already available via Flight Centre and Qantas Holidays ~$AUD304 at present
I think the real reason is like food, smaller package size, same price; this is in line with Disney price increases ~Jul 2012 of all tickets / passes to cover cost of Cars ride
Not happy we are going in May for 16 nights and can only access 10 day pass for a lot more than we paid for 14 day pass 2 years ago i.e 40% increase

Well that bites :(

Thanks to everyone for all your info. I am finding the same information 14 day passes no longer available so will have to go with a 10 day pass. A shame as the 14 would have been perfect. I will check out the prices with Quantas and air new zealand, compared to flight center and post the results. Expedia do not yet have the passes available for May so am unable to compare with them But their staff seem hopeless I have had one staff member which is based in India try to sell me 14 day passes that expire in Jan 2013, even though i kept telling her the dates are for May 2013. So beware if you are going through expedia to check the validity dates!!

Thank you DisneyDisneyDisney,
We are going for 15 nights/16 days in May also. I am so disappointed not to have the 14 day pass. I kind of planned the holiday around it. Now we're just going to have to be careful about what days we pick to go, given the short weekday hours, Memorial day weekend, and Grad nights. I hope we pick well!!
Those prices are cheaper than I was quoted by Flight Centre. She quoted 3 Adults and 1 Child at just over $1300. I will wait until closer to the time to buy any and see how it all pans out.

Lack of demand might be that most travel agents try to sell the 3/5 day passes our flight centre tried to tell me they didn't exist and I pointed it out in the brochure I had got from them she had to ask 3 others before someone could guide her where to price it from even when I called a couple of other travel agents to get prices they told me they didn't exist.

WAMUMOF4 said:
Lack of demand might be that most travel agents try to sell the 3/5 day passes our flight centre tried to tell me they didn't exist and I pointed it out in the brochure I had got from them she had to ask 3 others before someone could guide her where to price it from even when I called a couple of other travel agents to get prices they told me they didn't exist.

This happened to us too. Also when i booked my 14 day hopper it was only 240 which was cheaper than the 5 day pass :) when we cancelled i was so disappointed as i couldnt get a refund and i couldnt gift it to anyone else either :(

It just seems so inconsistent when they are still selling 14 and 21 day passes to UK an European guests though grrrrrrrr....

I went to flight center today to get a quote for tickets for DL next year in may. I too was told the longest ticket is now 10 days and was quoted $330 for 1 adult ticket...is this the price everybody else is being quoted :confused3

I'm about to check the last few things of my planning list before leaving on Sat... Main one being DL tickets. If I buy them through Expedia, can I take the voucher straight to the gate like the ones you buy of the DL website, or do I need to exchange them at the ticket booth? Trying to decide if saving a few dollars will be worth if it we have to line up at the ticket booths when we arrive around 8-9am on Saturday morning. If we can take the vouchers straight to the gate, then it's a no-brainer.

We had to do our 14 day Expedia passes at the ticket booths :) and that was a month ago. Eek how time flies!

ok, so we only need 10 days , but really $340?????..starting to compare to WDW prices now....maybe i should look into the premium pass that has wdw & DL

I called Air New Zealand holidays last week. I was quoted US$299 adult and US$279 child for the 10 day pass. She said they hadn't loaded the prices yet, but they were happy to convert to whatever currency I wanted and was willing to sell it to me there and then.
I have been quoted more by Flight Centre.
I think I'll wait and see what Expedia brings out and buy later. Hopefully the Aussie dollar holds up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter