• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

$160 a person for corona virus testing for incoming Hawaii visitors

Luckily since we are going the end of October we will get to see how this plays out. Our flights have been changed 4 times now already since March. The big question would be if Aulani will offer penalty free last minute cancellations. We are not DVC. We have a standard hotel booking. I would think there will be an announcement soon that with a positive test result they will offer reservation changes or refund. Other than the disappointment, I don’t see a financial risk for many.

Luckily since we are going the end of October we will get to see how this plays out. Our flights have been changed 4 times now already since March. The big question would be if Aulani will offer penalty free last minute cancellations. We are not DVC. We have a standard hotel booking. I would think there will be an announcement soon that with a positive test result they will offer reservation changes or refund. Other than the disappointment, I don’t see a financial risk for many.
Going in late October as well, and hoping for the same!

We are going in early September... So, hopefully they can get all of this worked out in a month!

We cancelled our trip and are pushing it back to June 2021. The covid19 test is not completely accurate, there is always a risk of false positive. I don't want to plan and pay for a whole trip just to have it cancelled a day beforehand due to a possible false positive test. It sounds like Hawaii doesn't really want visitors right now anyway.

Of course there are false negative, I did say that. And that is another issue why testing 3 days before will be an issue. And as other's have posted, not everyone can get their tests back in under 72 hours. I don't know what you mean by this "I'm guessing if your later test shows negative... then you're not testing positive". It is very much a possibility to have your first test positive and subsequent ones negative. If a person tests positive, they will have to cancel their trip because there is a good chance that they will not be able to get a second test done in that time frame. There will be plenty of last minute cancellations because of the testing. I'm sorry if you refuse to see that possibility and think that it will work 100% how they want it to. Are you willing to plan a trip to Hawaii for your whole family and then take the risk that you will have to cancel hours before you are flying out because your test did not come back?
What are the percentages of false tests....I have been tested 5 times (essential worker testing) and have been negative every time.There has to be a margin of errer.

My son had to have a probe put up his nose to see down his throat and it was pretty painful and hard to watch but nothing some TCBY didn’t make better. I think we’d probably be willing to do something similar with a covid test to go to Hawaii but would need to give it some serious consideration.

What are the percentages of false tests....I have been tested 5 times (essential worker testing) and have been negative every time.There has to be a margin of errer.
I thought there were only false negatives. If the tester didn't do it right or get it halfway to your brain.

We've been talking about it more and initially my son said he didn't want to do the test but then later said he did want to do it so long as it he gets ice cream afterwards. That being said, we are now looking at Marriot on the Big Island instead. I'm a little worried Aulani won't be the same with so many restrictions and we are reluctant to spend so much money to stay there, even with the 35% discount.

We have flights booked for February 2021 I sure hope that 1) we can get into Hawaii and not be isolated and 2) we can come back to Canada and not have to quarantine for 14 days on return...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter