17 nights at Royal Pacific and still didn`t want to leave

:thumbsup2Another great update...as usual.

I'm going to have to try the water cannons next time...it sounds like something right down my alley soaking unsuspecting victims:duck:

Sorry about your Tchoup Chop experience... I know they do have a pre-fixe menu for magical dining month in September, could that be the menu you saw?

:thumbsup2Another great update...as usual.

Sorry about your Tchoup Chop experience... I know they do have a pre-fixe menu for magical dining month in September, could that be the menu you saw?

Thanks Vicki.........:thumbsup2

No it wasn't the September special menu, we had seen that online. We found out next day the club lounge had an out of date menu in the big folder with all menus in. That was what we had been looking at.

Oh well, these things happen don't they :wave2:

i have to try that strawberry cheesecake on my next visit to Jakes.
it looks lush......(metro 101)

Oh it really was lush......lol........but wheels was right, it is small, but after pizza and wings it was just right :thumbsup2

Hi Carole...I have 3 days off and could use an update.

popcorn::

Just kidding...I know you're busy taking care of you ailing hubby...hope he gets well soon:goodvibes

Hi Carole...I have 3 days off and could use an update.

popcorn::

Just kidding...I know you're busy taking care of you ailing hubby...hope he gets well soon:goodvibes

3 days off :cheer2:.....well since you ask so nicely.....just for you, next day coming up :goodvibes

He`s sleeping now so sitting at laptop won`t disturb him.......that`s my excuse for not doing noisy housework today :thumbsup2

TUESDAY 24TH SEPTEMBER

Well the weather did not look good at all today. We really took our time getting ready before we headed up to the lounge for breakfast.

When we went in the first thing Melissa asked was how did we enjoy our meal last night!!! When we told her what happened she was so apologetic....told her it certainly wasn't her fault. She did call down and ask for an updated menu for Tchoup Chop to be sent up, so that was changed almost immediately. We stayed and chatted for a bit this morning, lounge was nice and quiet again today.

We finally decided to head out to the Florida Mall, not our favourite mall at all but we wanted some M&M`s.........gotta have priorities!! It was raining when we went out but not too heavy so we walked to the car and I drove, decided to valet park as it`s just a bit closer to the entrance. As soon as we walk into this Mall, I don`t know what it is, I just don`t like it.....it seems so much busier than the Mall at Millenia........I joked that there`s too many tourists there :rolleyes1

Anyway we wander around and get our precious coconut M&M`s and discover they have a limited edition white chocolate one......oh my......anyone who knows me will know I adore white chocolate.....so I would have to get some of those as well....they were delicious and I knew we didn`t have them in the UK they would make a great pressie for a couple of friends. So we filled several bags with those and several of coconut.........I told Tom not to listen to the final cost when we paid......ouch!!! But they were lovely and some of them did make it home this year.

I got some nice costume jewellery in a little shop called Charming Charlie, they had lots of purpley stuff so I filled a little basket and got my friend some green stuff. Cheap as chips but looks really nice, and it makes ideal little fillers for gifts. Don`t really like the Macy`s here, it seems very disorganised and the perfume staff never leave you alone unlike the other one, so we decided to head to Mall at Millenia for some lunch.......someone wanted Linda`s Chocolate Fudge Cake......well it had been about 2 days since he had eaten it!!!!!

Got our car back and headed off, valet parked here again......I was getting used to doing this now........and went inside. I never tire of walking into this Mall, it`s so pretty, clean and never mobbed. Kyle went straight in and got his cake while we went upstairs and decide to eat at a place that sells wraps for a change, it was lovely.

I had Teriyaki Chicken with extra jalapenos and Tom got Philly sub, only took a pic of mine as Tom`s was gone in abut 10 seconds. It was lovely, very fresh produce in it, I would eat at this counter again if I can get past Firehouse Subs, they really are the best!!

After we ate we wandered downstairs. I didn`t like the plain covers in the Apple shop for iPads, so wandered into a store called Brookstone and saw they had some nice leather ones and it had a Bluetooth keyboard in it as well.....and more importantly I liked the color

It was probably more expensive than we should have paid for a cover, but I loved it so we just got it there and then. Decided then we had spent enough today so headed back to the hotel with our haul for the day. It seemed to be clearing up as we were driving back so decided to head to The Studios for rest of afternoon.

It was quite dull but still very hot when we got to the park, we still put some sun cream on.....just in case. Last thing we wanted to happen was to get sunburn after being so careful every other day. There was a few people heading in but not many so we got through in seconds and went straight for DM.........the regular queue was showing 45 minutes, Express was a proper walk on.....not one person in front of us. Did this twice then we said we were going to go on RRR. I knew Kyle was desperate to go on it, but he was so afraid of damaging his back. I could understand...we could tell him a million times he would be ok but it`s his back and no amount of reassurance can stop him worrying.......

Anyway he decided he wanted to have a go. I was so pleased he was going to try, and hoped we would get the front where it always seems smoother. Well we went in and there was no queue to speak of......so we got the front...Kyle and I together and Tom behind us. Tom and I did exchange some nervous glances as we got on the ride, but didn`t want Kyle to see we were a little worried as this ride can be rough so it was very natural to worry a little. Well we needn`t have.......it was silky smooth and he loved every second of it.......he got off with a huge grin on his face and said we were doing it again........That was what we hoped and prayed he would say coming off....when we watched the video back of the ride they laugh as you can see I never took my eyes off him the whole time.....that`s mother`s for you though!! We did this twice more and luckily got the front all 3 times.......it is such a good ride......we love the climb and when it`s smooth it`s amazing.

We headed around to The Mummy......it was a walk on too......it seemed so much faster this afternoon.....really fast......it was brilliant!! We did this about 4 times before my head started to get a bit woozy.......decide to go for caramel frappucino and water for Kyle before heading around to MIB and ET. We sat outside and just watched the park and the people in it.....everyone always looks so happy....well most people!!

We headed slowly around the park....we miss Amity!! I know it was a bit cheesy and some fairground type games but I liked it al the same. Although HP 2 looks amazing and we can`t wait to see it. So we get around to MIB and I go on once with them then decide to wait in the shop for them. I stood at the door...well to the side of the door as you enter the shop......it was raining again and I was in a little world of my own just watching everyone.....when a couple approached me, I think they were South American and asked if I could help them.....I said of course I would and he held up a park map and asked me where the Jurassic Park ride was as they couldn`t find it.....I explained that it was in the other park, they would have to go to IOA for that ride.......they said they only had a ticket for this park so what should they do....I said they should go to Guest Services and upgrade their ticket. They asked if this was going to be expensive and I explained they would pay the difference bla bla bla.....so they asked me where GS were.....so I showed them on the map where they should go. They thanked me very much and said I had been so helpful....then he looked at my lanyard and went off. At this point I realised....as did the woman who worked in the store who was stood close by.....I think they thought I was an employee just standing at the door. The woman laughed and said I should make a career out of it as I was so good.........I wondered if they tried to tell GS about a very helpful employee called Carole........

It was raining quite heavy now but didn`t last that long......so we went and did ET before heading out of the park back to the hotel. We just got wet......I couldn`t wear one of those ponchos.....they must make you boiling hot in those temps. We did get the boat as there was one there and were back in our room in no time.

We got showered and changed and headed up to the lounge for an hour before we went out. It was nice and quiet again. I didn`t look to see what the food was tonight as we just had a coffee. We were going to Outback Steakhouse tonight. It had been 2 years since we had been but wanted to try it again. One of the Club staff suggested we go to the one on Kirkman instead of the one we usually go to On Vineland Road LBV as it has more locals than tourists. We thought that was a good idea as we had not enjoyed our last visit.

So we got in the car and the rain was bouncing down with some thunder and lightning just for effect. It was only a few minutes by car and we were there. He was right. It was a nice place and not too busy so we got seated straight away. I ordered a glass of white, Tom had strawberry lemonade and kyle had his usual daiquiri

Kyle ordered chicken breast with teriyaki sauce, Tom had the Porterhouse mash and veg and I had filet, mash and veg

It was really lovely....our steaks were cooked perfectly but we still prefer Longhorn Steakhouse any day for some reason. We did have to have our check adjusted....they had charged me for 2 wines when I only had one and added a dessert?? Anyway, it was taken off with an apology and we left.

It was still raining and we had planned to go and play some mini golf but it was on for the night by the look of it. So drove back to hotel, Tom dropped us off and went and parked the car. We decided to go sit in Jake`s bar and have dessert. It was quiet in here tonight too so we got seated immediately. Kyle ordered 2....yes 2 flourless choc cake......he really did enjoy it last time....and they are quite small I suppose. Tom had 1 choc cake and I had a lemon curd meringue tart.......they were all lovely. We sat for a little while and chatted to the staff then realised it was getting late and I was yawning my head off.

We went upstairs and had a coffee. Kyle sat on my iPad, Tom went on his laptop and I watched some old movie while thinking our trip was getting perilously close to ending again. Very quickly pushed that thought to the back of my head and put tv off and went to sleep. They said they sat up for another hour or so chatting, but I never heard a peep so I knew I had been tired.

Planning a lazy day tomorrow I think.

Sounds like a busy day but fun.

I'm also embarrassed about how much I spend on chocolate at Honeyduke's every trip. I try not to look at the receipt. Danielle has me beat though...over $100 in candy which she gave me a list for on our last visit when she missed going :eek:

To be fair she gave a lot of it as gifts.....but who could blame her, a girl has to have her chocolate.:cloud9:

Thanks for the update and glad to hear Tom is on the mend :thumbsup2

Sounds like a busy day but fun.

I'm also embarrassed about how much I spend on chocolate at Honeyduke's every trip. I try not to look at the receipt. Danielle has me beat though...over $100 in candy which she gave me a list for on our last visit when she missed going :eek:

To be fair she gave a lot of it as gifts.....but who could blame her, a girl has to have her chocolate.:cloud9:

Thanks for the update and glad to hear Tom is on the mend :thumbsup2

Lol.....well she'll be with you next year......will that work out cheaper or more expensive for you :scratchin

Yep we never add up what we spend......I would be too scared to :lmao:

still on the trip with youse!

Glad you're still reading :hug:........it's taking me a little longer than I hoped to finish, got a busy week ahead so maybe no updates till Friday or Saturday :)

schumigirl said:
Thank you so much :goodvibes Glad you're along for the ride :thumbsup2

Happy to be here.. I have never had longer than a week anywhere.. so I'm enjoying the ride :)

Every time I look at those food pictures, I want to leave work and eat, eat, eat! :scratchin

Every time I look at those food pictures, I want to leave work and eat, eat, eat! :scratchin

Lol........I can write you a permission to leave work note if needed.......:thumbsup2

Glad you like them...........will try and update tomorrow hopefully........it will be finished before Christmas..........I hope :wave2:

WEDNESDAY 25TH SEPTEMBER

We all slept really late today......we were starting to feel the effects of early mornings and late nights and a lot in between. We still made breakfast in plenty of time but even one of the girls in Club commented how tired we looked today. We didn`t eat much, think we all had some fruit and coffee today. We as usual, spent some time chatting to the staff. They said the weather was not gong to be great today, ideal for us as we wanted to do some more shopping.

We had noticed that the Lindt shop was not in the MaM any more, we always buy loads of the stuff as it is so cheap compared to what we pay at home. We give some out as gifts in the hotel and take a mixture of some for us and some for gifts back home. A quick google search found there was one at LBV outlets, so that was where we headed first this morning.

We were all distinctly quiet this morning, a mixture of tiredness and the inevitability that our trip was coming closer to ending. We call it the journey we must not talk about......cause we don`t mention it till we have to...lol.....sad I know. But we arrive soon enough and buy a load of stuff in the store. The girl explained MaM had decided Lindt weren`t high end enough for them anymore so when their lease expired it wasn`t renewed. Shame as it was a lovely friendly little store. This one was bigger and stocked a lot more so maybe it`s worked out better for them.

We didn`t spend a lot of time here, it was raining slightly so we drove back to Wal-Mart where I picked up some candles, towels, 8 Aussie shampoos and 3 conditioners, Neosporin, pain relief, zantac and a host of other things that we either pay a fortune for or don`t get. The shampoo for example, we get very small bottles compared to the Litre tubs you get in the States and we pay a lot more for a smaller size, and it`s a slightly different formula too......the one from the US is much nicer. That lot will last me over a year, and I give 2 away to my niece who loves it too.

We decide to drop the stuff back off at the hotel before we head out for lunch, we were planning on going to Mimi`s near Millenia Mall, but we can`t be bothered to leave the hotel now that we`re back, so we decide to eat at the bula bar as we are there.

Kyle ordered Teriyaki chicken fingers....huge portion which were delicious, Tom had the Turkey sandwich with fruit and I had the huli huli chicken sandwich with no cheese and salad........all were really lovely

It was really too much for lunchtime, but it was so nice and it is so lovely just to sit and watch the world pass. Not that there was much going on....pool was practically deserted as it hadn`t been nice....but now it was clearing up the pool staff were eager to get people involved in some activities.....we declined her kind offer of hula hooping......lol.

All of a sudden I got a banging headache and felt a bit off color. We had been planning on going to IOA then minigolf this afternoon, but I was going nowhere. I said I didn`t feel well and didn`t want to go anywhere. They were going to come back to the room with me but I told them to head off to the parks and I would meet them later in Citywalk. They didn`t really want to leave me, but there was no point in them missing out too, so I kind of forced them to head off and I went up to our room, took a couple of painkillers closed the curtains and fell asleep for a few hours.

I woke up later feeling better. I had set the alarm so I didn`t sleep in........I freshened up then headed down to get a boat. It was beautiful now, you would never have known it had been so dull earlier. There was no-one waiting for the boat when I got down there and no-one else got on but me......quietest boat ever....lol

The captain kept me entertained all the way there.........I liked having my own personal boat today...........The boat Capts are all so good and very friendly too......one Capt a few years ago kept saying to us had we moved in permanently to RP....lol......I wish!!

I went and sat outside the Fossil shop to wait for them coming out of IOA.......I didn`t have long to wait but it was nice just watching everyone around me for 5 minutes. Anyway I spotted them immediately in the distance and waved, they asked if I was feeling better and I said yes much. So we went to paly the sci fi side of mini golf.

There was a young couple in front of us with a little one.........now we were in no rush whatsoever so we didn`t mind them taking their time. They did ask if we wanted to go ahead and we said no it was ok. However, at the 3rd or 4th putt, he decided he was tired and laid down to go to sleep on the green beside the hole..........I was laughing so hard as it was so funny........the poor couple couldn`t move him............they were so embarrassed. Anyway we went around him this time........next time we turned they had lifted him up and had gone!!

This is a good course but we preferred the themeing of the other side.....but it was still fun

Rest of day will follow :)

That's so cute with the kiddo wanting to stop and nap. And I agree with the boat captains they are so nice. We had the same one at rp in April and again at pbh in July...he was awesome with my kids!!!

Great installment Carole:thumbsup2

..but you're making me hungry again with those food pics...now I want some chicken and fries and lindt chocolate:rolleyes1 unfortunately none of which is on my diet.

Thanks for the update.

That's so cute with the kiddo wanting to stop and nap. And I agree with the boat captains they are so nice. We had the same one at rp in April and again at pbh in July...he was awesome with my kids!!!

It was cute with the littlie.......you know when kids make themselves go solid like a statue........that was what he was like when they tried to lift him.....lol

still with youse schumi....

Glad to hear it :hug:

Great installment Carole:thumbsup2

..but you're making me hungry again with those food pics...now I want some chicken and fries and lindt chocolate:rolleyes1 unfortunately none of which is on my diet.

Thanks for the update.

Thanks Vicki........I know what you mean..........I`m sat here looking at food pics and can smell my chicken cooking in the crock pot :cloud9:.......I`m starving!!!!!

Will try another update....having PB problems :worried:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter