180 + 10 = ADRs booked.

Dont forget to add on tips!

For our family of five this can be up to $40 per meal. (without appetizers)
Off the top of my head (I'm at work and really busy now :rotfl2: ) I calculated about $500-$550 in tips at avg 18% (including buffets.) I didn't really include the tips in the should we/shouldn't we get deluxe as they aren't included in the other dining plans apart from CRT and stuff. But they will be more than regular dining as we would probably do more counter service.

I think the buffet tip was less than 18%, but I can't remember, It's in my notebook at home and on one of the earlier threads on this forum.

I get so tired of doing math on different scenarios, sometimes you know what you want to do, you are just trying to justify it, I was like this when we (well I) decided to stay onsite. Just do it and enjoy, its only money!

I know I was reluctant to tell DH we still had to pay gratuities on "free" dining, especially as our kids are "adults" :sad2:

Another vote for the magical express. As international travellers we collected our own bags. The distance from the baggage collection to the Magical Express counter is minimal and the staff are very efficient. We arrived at about 11pm and were put straight on a bus which stopped at POFQ first. The way back to the airport was equally seamless.

well done planning so early. we only just found out that we are likely to go in Oct and I just don't know where to start. People seem to have already booked all sorts of deals with Pin codes and special offers !!

We did go in 2008 but still very difficult to decide on accomodation as we don't want to repeat exactly what we did last time. We stayed at Poly and WL, which are not in our price range this time.

well done planning so early. we only just found out that we are likely to go in Oct and I just don't know where to start. People seem to have already booked all sorts of deals with Pin codes and special offers !!

We did go in 2008 but still very difficult to decide on accomodation as we don't want to repeat exactly what we did last time. We stayed at Poly and WL, which are not in our price range this time.

Marvel, how cool that you are going again. If you are looking for cheap cheap cheap I can highly recommend Pop Century. We did a split stay in September between there and WL. We stayed at WL first so you can imagine how excited (not) we were to down shift to POP but it was lovely. Would definitely split stay there again. Loved it.

hi. haven't been on the boards for quite a while. I thought that all the values have double beds and that just won't work for us. TOssing up doing something like Bonnet Creek or similiar off site, but love being onsite, so it's going to take sometime to work out. Hoping some kind of deals come up, maybe free dining. Hoping anyway. Good to have a reason to get back on dis again.

hi. haven't been on the boards for quite a while. I thought that all the values have double beds and that just won't work for us. TOssing up doing something like Bonnet Creek or similiar off site, but love being onsite, so it's going to take sometime to work out. Hoping some kind of deals come up, maybe free dining. Hoping anyway. Good to have a reason to get back on dis again.
Hey Marvel - POFQ is being refurbed and going to 2 Queens. Refurb finishes end of April. We wouldn't of chosen it otherwise. DH and I don't sleep well in a double! POR starts in May I think.

I get so tired of doing math on different scenarios, sometimes you know what you want to do, you are just trying to justify it, I was like this when we (well I) decided to stay onsite. Just do it and enjoy, its only money!

I know I was reluctant to tell DH we still had to pay gratuities on "free" dining, especially as our kids are "adults" :sad2:

Totally get it. I checked our trips, CRT is included and one other that we're attending so between the 5 of us based on 20% came in around $400.

So now I have DxDP we've changed again. We've got 3 Signatures now. DD is pretty good at fine-ish dining so she'll be good there!

I'm planning Yachtsman Steakhouse for before the Illuminations Cruise (if I'm lucky enough to get it), Hollywood Brown Derby when we go to Hollywood Studios, and Narcooseeses.

thanks for that kylieh, I will defintely check out POFQ.

Sounds like you have great arrangements for your dining etc.

Hey Marvel....nice to see that you have another trip planned.

I stayed at CSR, which also has Queen/Queen bed arrangements.
It was nice; but it is a conference hotel and I just felt it wasn't a true Disney on-site experience. Just a personal opinion.

I've also previously stayed at POR and the both the PO resorts are beautiful. Given the choice, either FQ or R would be my preference.

Hi Princess,

nice to have a reason to catch up with you all again. I will definetly look into POR and POFQ. Currently looking at some homes for rent, it is crazy that you can rent an enormous home with inground pool, 10 mins from disney for $1000 a week or so. Really, you cannot stay in a caravan park in Australia for that. :mad:

The kids are getting a bit bigger as well, so harder to convince them to sleep in the same bed. Have to look into rollaways as well.

kylie im not sure if this thread is a good idea :eek:

its making time slow down :lmao:

change the title to something non time related :wizard:

we happyfingers are all ready to go on holiday

Now popcorn::

:laundy:

kylie im not sure if this thread is a good idea :eek:

its making time slow down :lmao:

change the title to something non time related :wizard:

we happyfingers are all ready to go on holiday

Now popcorn::

:laundy:
209 days.... no, time related. :laughing:

or

"I need a non-time related name for my thread" as I have no imagination :rolleyes1

Hi Princess,

nice to have a reason to catch up with you all again. I will definetly look into POR and POFQ. Currently looking at some homes for rent, it is crazy that you can rent an enormous home with inground pool, 10 mins from disney for $1000 a week or so. Really, you cannot stay in a caravan park in Australia for that. :mad:

The kids are getting a bit bigger as well, so harder to convince them to sleep in the same bed. Have to look into rollaways as well.

I stayed off-site in 2005 and accommodation was cheaper for a much larger amount of space. But we spent so much time at WDW that we didn't get to enjoy the space and amenities. And by the time you factor in car hire and parking, there was about $300 difference.

It just comes down to what your family like to do and how you tour the parks. If you do commando, then it may not be worth staying off-site. If you don't want to rush and finish with the parks early, then the extra space would be great.

Windsor Hills homes get good wraps.

209 days.... no, time related. :laughing:

or

"I need a non-time related name for my thread" as I have no imagination :rolleyes1

:rotfl2: I'm sure you'll think of something!

Totally get it. I checked our trips, CRT is included and one other that we're attending so between the 5 of us based on 20% came in around $400.

So now I have DxDP we've changed again. We've got 3 Signatures now. DD is pretty good at fine-ish dining so she'll be good there!

I'm planning Yachtsman Steakhouse for before the Illuminations Cruise (if I'm lucky enough to get it), Hollywood Brown Derby when we go to Hollywood Studios, and Narcooseeses.

I really want to go to Narcoosees, thinking of leaving the teens on their own while DH and I have a romantic night :lovestruc (and use their meal credits:rotfl2:)
Almost time to make those ADR's will have to make some firm decisions soon.....

Looks like we will be arriving on the same day. I wish I was as organised with our dining plans. I keep changing my mind!

I'm chomping at the bit for TGM's LCP chart for the first week of October to be released because then I can make definite park plans and in turn definite ADR plans. I know he cant do it until Disney releases the calendar though however, still very frustrating as I'm getting soooo close. I so hope the LCP chart is released before my ADR window opens!!

I pulled out my Credit Card and did a major purchase.

WE'VE PAID IN FULL. :cool1:

Both rooms. Now I know we had to August but something was bugging me to pay off the trip while the dollar is parity. Don't know why, so it's paid. YES!

Then I went and purchased some water shoes Mary Janes from Landsend. Wasn't going to purchase today, but was clicking around starting to look and found some in Overstocks for US$9.97. Got a couple of pairs for me, a pair of normal priced ones for DH, and SIL was here and wanted a couple of things for their trip to NZ in a couple of weeks. And she got some water shoes too!

Too early for DD and DN to get Water shoes for as their feet will groooowwww.

I pulled out my Credit Card and did a major purchase.

WE'VE PAID IN FULL. :cool1:

Both rooms. Now I know we had to August but something was bugging me to pay off the trip while the dollar is parity. Don't know why, so it's paid. YES!

Then I went and purchased some water shoes Mary Janes from Landsend. Wasn't going to purchase today, but was clicking around starting to look and found some in Overstocks for US$9.97. Got a couple of pairs for me, a pair of normal priced ones for DH, and SIL was here and wanted a couple of things for their trip to NZ in a couple of weeks. And she got some water shoes too!

Too early for DD and DN to get Water shoes for as their feet will groooowwww.

i heard on the news that in usa 25% of homes under mortgage owe more than the value of the home

thats an incredible figure which im hoping will keep our dollar high for some time to come

of course there is more to it than that :3dglasses

yay for you!

I have put money on a travel card to pay for our trip. Cant afford to watch the dollar go down (I am not a gambler!)

I was thinking today it wasnt that long ago the $A was only worth 50c US - there is no way we would be going on this trip if it was costing twice as much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter