1BR’s that sleep 4

Ruttangel

BCV AKV BWV VGF DVC Owner
Noticed this on a booking I have,

“Members confirming 5 Guests in a 1 Bedroom Villa at Disney’s Beach Club Villas, Disney’s BoardWalkVillas, Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa and Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge -- 5th Guest can be accommodated, but please note that no additional bedding, linens or towels will be provided.“

I assumed they sleep 4 and occupancy was fixed at 4.....it seems you can add another, possibly on own air bed? Anyone have experience of this or is it mainly for very young children in travel cots etc....

Last edited:
Noticed this on a booking I have,

“Members confirming 5 Guests in a 1 Bedroom Villa at Disney’s Beach Club Villas, Disney’s BoardWalkVillas, Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa and Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge -- 5th Guest can be accommodated, but please note that no additional bedding, linens or towels will be provided.“

I assumed they sleep 4 and occupancy was fixed at 4.....it seems you can add another, possibly on own air bed? Anyone have experience of this or is it mainly for very young children in travel cots etc....
Yes, most 1BR villas allow 5 guests but you have to bring airbed or sleeping bag or something. When we first bought DVC, in 2006, our kids were 7, 7 and 9. We did 1BRs for a few years and brought airbed for the eldest to use. Worked well. Until teen years and then we needed an additional bathroom with a 2BR.

CCV and AKV-value (at Jambo) do NOT allow 5 in a 1BR.

Last edited:
Just for info purposes, these 1BR have sleeping surface for the 5th guest:
OKW, BLT, AKV, VGF and now SSR is adding the 5th in the current renovations. VB and HHI also have 5th sleeping surface. Not sure about the other coast DVC.

I need to check RR...not sure the capacity there or the bed set up....

Just for info purposes, these 1BR have sleeping surface for the 5th guest:
OKW, BLT, AKV, VGF and now SSR is adding the 5th in the current renovations. VB and HHI also have 5th sleeping surface. Not sure about the other coast DVC.
Interesting, what is the surface? not the kitchen table I presume 😅

Interesting, what is the surface? not the kitchen table I presume 😅
In BLT, AKV and OKW (as well as HH and VB) it's the sleeper chair. In VGF and now SSR it is the flip down bed.
AKV-Kidani and BLT also have the 2nd bathroom in the 1BRs. Those are GREAT for fams of 5. Or a fam with 2 older kids...we did BLT with our twins when they were 20. It was a nice set up for us. They each used a sleeper pull out and they had their bathroom and we had ours.

In BLT, AKV and OKW (as well as HH and VB) it's the sleeper chair. In VGF and now SSR it is the flip down bed.
AKV-Kidani and BLT also have the 2nd bathroom in the 1BRs. Those are GREAT for fams of 5.
Sorry, I didn’t read your post properly, I thought you were talking about BCV,BWV etc having a unused sleeping surface. Sounds like it is an airbed that is needed then

FYI, that flip down bed is NOT a full size single, it's shorter and narrower, more child size, very small adult.
Twin = 38 x 75
DVC flip down= 29 x 67

Last edited:
Bringing bedding for a 5th is only allowed at those resorts when booked on points, not for cash guests. DVC perk! :)

Except you can now request more towels for free anytime so this would no longer be an issue.
I hadn't realized that you could now request extra towels. Do you have to turn in the used ones or could you have 2 sets to keep using?

I hadn't realized that you could now request extra towels. Do you have to turn in the used ones or could you have 2 sets to keep using?

They just bring you the new ones. They don’t remove any of the older ones until trash and towel day or full cleaning day...at least they did not when I was there,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter