1st OKW Trip Questions

ds251

God Bless America!
I will be taking my family (4 adults, a 3 year old, and 6 month old) to OKW in October. I'm a new DVC member and have many questions I was hoping to get help with.

Thanks to all in advance!

1) Can I rent strollers in OKW?

2) Which car service should I use from MCO to OKW?

3) Do DVC members get any early entries to the parks?

4) Was hoping to take just my wife to see Medieval Times from OKW. What is the best way to get there if I don't rent a car?

5) Will DVC Member Services help me find any of the above information?

Thanks again.
Joe

You will have a great time! October is beautiful!

1. No, I have not seen stroller rentals at OKW. We always bring ours from home.

2. We have found good car rental deals on the net and have rented. We have also used TTC which was nice.

3. Yes you are a resort guest and have EE privileges.

4. Can't help you here! (taxi?)

5. I have always had wonderful help from the desk.

Hope this helps a bit!

Just in case you don't understand the "lingo" TTC stands for www.tiffanytowncar.com , and they are excellent. However, when you contact them, get your car seat needs straightened out beforehand, and re-verify them prior to your arrival.

www.mears-net.com is the official shuttle service for WDW. They also offer off-site transportation.

National Car Rental does have onsite rentals available if you think that you would like a car for just a day.

Have fun planning!

Daily car rental can be done at the Dolphin Hotel with National Car Rental. I believe you coyld get something for around $40.00 per day. You can pack in a lot of errands and running around in one day's time for that amount of money.

Hi,
We were at OKW in March with 4 adults, 3 boys and a 5 month old baby. The stroller was broken on the plane on the trip down.
The Airline immediately reimbursed my daughter for it, but that left us without a stroller

2 CMs heard us discussing getting a taxi to go to buy another, but they said that it would be too much money. They went to the Lost and Found and came back with an umbrella stroller for us to borrow! (Aren't Disney folks the best?). Anyhow, an umbrella stroller is great; it is easy to carry on the bus/monorail and also comfortable for the baby.

The strollers in the Magic Kingdom are not that great for infants, but they are good for toddlers and older children.

June

We always gate check our stroller; it comes in handy for changing gates in a hurry!

ds251
I do not remember seeing any stroller rentals at OKW.
As far as transportation goes, when we do not have a rental, we find taxi's to be a good choice. Have used them to and from MCO. Also to and from SW & US, and even between resorts when time is a factor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter