1st time in WDW solo - need reassurance

Originally posted by Roseann67
Hi BaciBecky. We will be at the park at the same time this coming December. I sent you a PM but I'm not sure if you received it.

Just pm'd you again :)

Christine:wave2:

Hi Lisa (lc1965)

Its kind of funny that you started this post. Ive been dating this girl for the past 4 months, and things havent been going very well at all. I asked her if she wanted to go to Disney World for a vaction in Nov or Dec and she kind of rolled her eyes and said, 'why go there...there are so many other places to go' That really turned me off, especially when the last 2 trips we went on were her ideas (Connecticut on the 4th of July & Cape Cod over Columbus day weekend) and I was pretty receptive to them, even tho they werent my cup of tea. So now I was thinking of going by myself for 4 or 5 days, maybe in the 3rd week of November, and Im having the same reservations as you.
The last time I went to Disney World was in Nov 2003 with my ex girlfriend, and I had the best time Ive ever had there. We stayed at the Coronado Springs Resort and hit all four parks. We were exhausted but had so much fun!!!! Im afraid if I go alone this year, Ill miss my ex and Ill just be lonely. Still thinking about asking the current girl Im dating to go again...but I wouldnt want her to go if she was just going to walk around thinking how stupid this is. I think if thats the case, Id rather go alone.
Lisa, If I couldve gotten off from work the 1st week of November, I totally wouldve met up with you. Where in queens are you located? Im in Sunset park, Bklyn & work in downtown Manhattan. here's my email address if you want to chat privatley...kparise777@aol.com

good luck with your plans!!!

Hi Kalel777. Leave your current girlfirend at home and go to WDW. What a grand way to cheer yourself up. In my opinion you are far better off happy and alone than unhappy and with someone. Chances are if you do take your g/f she will make it the worst experience you have ever had at WDW. Wouldn't you prefer to have fond memories? Who know's - you might even meet the love of your life. Stranger things have happened.
Shame you weren't going the second week of December. I'll be there and could cheer you up!
Take the plunge - live a little.

:earsgirl: :wave:

good to know about being able to ditch friends at the wench auction! ;)

well, a further update to my saga is that i am making plans to meet up w/ 3 wonderful DISers, so i think i may not need that auction option, but ya never know!

Yeah...that would be funny...or better yet, I can go staple her feet into a spot for one of the IASW dolls!! :eek:

I know, that's a little mean...but the friendship is definitely on the rocks.

Kalel...if you didn't live in the North....I'd go to WDW with you!! :) Sorry your girl doesn't appreciate you or WDW (I'm going thru the same, myself...but this trip coming up is bound to cheer me up!)

Oh I'm glad I read this thread. Gave me a couple good ideas. I had booked a quick Christmas trip for BF and I to go to disneyworld. I have a great surprise for him on the day we leave and so I've been really excited for a couple days now. But I got to thinking that I would really love to be able to go for more than just a couple of days. Well, the BF can't get off any more days, so I asked him if it would be okay if I left for Orlando early and he's really excited for me to go. I'll miss him, but I went ahead and re-booked my flight. I'll be there from Sunday until Thursday by myself and then he'll join me on Thursday afternoon. Then we'll have his Christmas surprise on that following Sunday and we'll leave for home late in the evening.

I am a wee bit scared to be there by myself, but I'm thinking I'm going to get myself Pal Mickey and book myself 2 of the longer park tours. Not sure what I'll do for the evenings and I probably won't ride too many rides. But the good thing is that I'll be able to get all my shopping out of the way before BF arrives and then we can just concentrate on the park attractions while he's there with me. I don't think he'll be into the shows cause he has this odd vision thing, so I'll still be able to go see those before he gets in as well.

I'm pretty shy person so I don't think I'll be able to start conversations with strangers, but I'm very used to doing stuff on my own. When I've been single, I've not had a problem going to movies or dinner by myself. So I'm hoping that I'll be able to really enjoy myself while in Disney world the week of Christmas! Wahoo! I'm so excited!!!!

... isn't very hard, esp. in WDW. As a former fund raiser & special event planner, it's actually something I've been trained to do! Weird, I know. Find something distinctive about the person -- a hat, shirt, piece of jewelry, special hair style or color, excellent manners of their children, method of dealing w/ the heat or sun & comment on it. Be sure to smile & look them in the eye -- make yourself someone welcoming to talk to. Or, you could try commenting on something you have in common -- the weather, the length of the line, etc. You can always ask a question -- NOT yes or no! Something about getting their advice. Keep smiling & remember that not everyone wants to chat. As we've been warned on this thread, stay away from the cuddlers! :) I'm sure it seems funny to have me advise on this issue since I'm the original poster, but this aspect I know!

Cheers,
Lisa

That's what I love about the DIS,
we learn sooo much from each other-

When I went to WDW in May without my family I could not have been more nervous---I realised later that the fear was in my head;)

If I had to travel alone to anywhere in the world, Disney is the place to be...most people there welcome new friends & pleasant conversation, even if it's to pass the time before a parade on a street corner or in line for a ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter