• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***1st Week of December Thread ADR Plans, Park Hours, and dealing with Pop Warner***

I sent him a PM too, I get those emailed to me! hopefully after all that he gets what he wanted and can breathe the sigh of relief with the rest of us!

LOL, I did too! he's getting a lot of spam :P

Question: What has two thumbs and just booked JBJB dessert party on Dec. 13th?

THIS GUY!!!!

I have been trying to check in between trying to stay busy at work for daaaaays now. Finally got it! Big thanks to @Candycane83 and @Lisa F for the tags and PMs!!!!

QS is definitely easier without kids or big parties. That's why it's never bothered roomie and me either. The last time I felt dicey about it was when I went with family about 6 years ago because there were 5 of us total, so it was a lot to carry and harder to find a table to accomodate everybody. That's one thing I do dread about the first two park days of our trip when my family will be here. We'll be navigating Universal and MVMCP as a party of 10. Even if there are plenty of adults to handle my nieces and nephew, that's still a lot of people trying to get food and eat together. That's why I pushed pretty hard (and am still hoping my dad won't make me cancel) for our Chef Mickey's ADR for a late breakfast on MVMCP day. It may be the only non-stressful meal we share together!

Oh man, yeah, I can't imagine travelling with a group that big! Eek! My biggest group trip was my high school's senior trip, which was to WDW, but we were a bunch of stupid teenagers and weren't worried about any kind of planning stuff :rotfl:

That's great! Don't forget the bars at TS restaurants too! If I were all adults or solo, this would definitely be the path I'd take instead of ADRs. :P

Ha, that is an excellent point! It's also a good way to try places I've never been to, without bothering with the time and effort of ADRs!

I'e been obsession over finding a H&V ressie for our party of 3 on 12/9 and I finally got a 10:30. Now I don't know if I want it anymore. DS is really into tigger and pooh right now and i think he was recognize/connect better with those characters rather than Jake & Doc, etc. I've been looking for a Crystal Palace ressie with no luck but I don't even know where we would fit it in. it would have to be 12/5 breakfast or lunch (i'd have to cancel LTT). If we don't get CP, is it likely that we can meet Pooh and Tigger in Fantasyland or will the lines be crazy long? We would try for 12/5 to meet them.

LOL, I did too! he's getting a lot of spam :P
@Candycane83 , if you're still planning on having Cali Grill Brunch I think the end of your meal will overlap with the beginning of mine. Expect a Bloody Mary to be sent to your table for you and your DH on me.

@Lisa F , Our trips don't overlap really except we arrive at MCO at 12:00 on 12/10. IIRC you depart that same day. If I happen to see you at the airport (slim chance, but still a possibility) I will be happy to Make sure you are well hydrated before your flight home!!

You guys (ok girls) are awesome!!!

Oh man, yeah, I can't imagine travelling with a group that big! Eek! My biggest group trip was my high school's senior trip, which was to WDW, but we were a bunch of stupid teenagers and weren't worried about any kind of planning stuff :rotfl:

Ha, that is an excellent point! It's also a good way to try places I've never been to, without bothering with the time and effort of ADRs!
I am just thankful that I won't be crammed in at night with the rest of them. Roomie and I will have our tranquil (or as tranquil as the Pop Warner kids allow) escape at All Star Music all to ourselves, and the other 8 folks will be squenched in my uncle's 2 bedroom apartment. NO THANKS!

what are the questions?

Thanks!
( ..newbie to wdw here)
- I noticed a few things ( etwb and tiki room) open at 8am sun and mon.
Should we assume those two days will have extended morning hours to 8 am every sun and Monday through year end? Or is this a " just in the event that it will be" schedule?

- as for the nighttime shows , has the celebrate the magic show been a projection show all along? And the new once upon a time show just a different story line that's offered on different nights? Are they offered during the mvmcp?

I think that's all!! Thank you!
( knowing me I'll have a ton more questions, but I'll bug everyone on this thread later on :thumbsup2)

I'm coming from a very different perspective, as a solo traveler, but I do really enjoy QS. I like the flexibility of it, in that I can just go with wherever I am at the time and whatever I'm in the mood for. And also, I don't have to worry about whether I'll be hungry at the preset times I've picked for TS reservations. Now, I have no kids, so have never had to worry about the logistics of dealing with them in a QS setting, lol.

And that's not to say I don't love TS too! Fortunately, I have no problems with being a party of 1 at a TS restaurant. Heck, my first solo WDW trip I even did a character meal for lunch at TH! So on this trip I'll have a nice mix of both. I have 3 TS reservations, and the rest will all be whatever QS I feel like at any given time. Or even making meals of snacks, like when I go around WS at Epcot.

I think I haven't been strategic enough about planning QS...crowded parks, not eating off hours, not researching best QS options. I DO love flexibility. Hoping I've done a better job planning this time. QS we will visit this trip: starring rolls at hs, bog lunch ( although no flexibility there), Yorkshire for fish and chips ( for DD--- not gf ), CHH, and E. Of S....we are only staying 5 days, so that's a fair amount. Also, waffles at sleepy hallow (again, for DD-- I want to be her!)

I'e been obsession over finding a H&V ressie for our party of 3 on 12/9 and I finally got a 10:30. Now I don't know if I want it anymore. DS is really into tigger and pooh right now and i think he was recognize/connect better with those characters rather than Jake & Doc, etc. I've been looking for a Crystal Palace ressie with no luck but I don't even know where we would fit it in. it would have to be 12/5 breakfast or lunch (i'd have to cancel LTT). If we don't get CP, is it likely that we can meet Pooh and Tigger in Fantasyland or will the lines be crazy long? We would try for 12/5 to meet them.
Don't forget 1900 Park Fare has Pooh and Tigger for breakfast so you can try for that too though it would mean leaving the park. I don't know about the character lines for them though. They might appear in other than MK though, I'd check that too.

I am just thankful that I won't be crammed in at night with the rest of them. Roomie and I will have our tranquil (or as tranquil as the Pop Warner kids allow) escape at All Star Music all to ourselves, and the other 8 folks will be squenched in my uncle's 2 bedroom apartment. NO THANKS!

Yikes! Yeah, you def got the better end of the deal on that one! :rotfl: I'm gonna feel like I have so much space, bouncing around with just me, myself, and I in studio villas at SSR and OKW, lol

I've heard Disney is providing bug spray in rooms and at parks, so I think we'll just wait and see if we think we need it. I understand why you would be nervous about it though.
In rooms...I did not know that...good news...might not be checking a bag, and wasn't sure if I could find a bottle small enough for my carryon

Thanks!
( ..newbie to wdw here)
- I noticed a few things ( etwb and tiki room) open at 8am sun and mon.
Should we assume those two days will have extended morning hours to 8 am every sun and Monday through year end? Or is this a " just in the event that it will be" schedule?

- as for the nighttime shows , has the celebrate the magic show been a projection show all along? And the new once upon a time show just a different story line that's offered on different nights? Are they offered during the mvmcp?

I think that's all!! Thank you!
( knowing me I'll have a ton more questions, but I'll bug everyone on this thread later on :thumbsup2)
Sunday and Monday of next week is opening at 8am, no don't assume anything with the schedules. The times guide that I posted is only for next week Sunday to Saturday, that's why they print one out each week
Yes both are projection shows with different storylines. As of right now it doesn't look like they will show UOAT during MVMCP

I will say Universal seems much easier with food... but of course, not as many choices :)

That's great! Don't forget the bars at TS restaurants too! If I were all adults or solo, this would definitely be the path I'd take instead of ADRs. :P
Bars....great idea! Bars for two will work just fine. Anyone know if there is one at yak and yeti in AK? That might be the solution to my picky eater DD but might need a break problem!

Sunday and Monday of next week is opening at 8am, no don't assume anything with the schedules. The times guide that I posted is only for next week Sunday to Saturday, that's why they print one out each week
Yes both are projection shows with different storylines. As of right now it doesn't look like they will show UOAT during MVMCP
Ohh! I didn't know there was one each week! just saw the dates on the front. Thank you! :)

I think I haven't been strategic enough about planning QS...crowded parks, not eating off hours, not researching best QS options. I DO love flexibility. Hoping I've done a better job planning this time. QS we will visit this trip: starring rolls at hs, bog lunch ( although no flexibility there), Yorkshire for fish and chips ( for DD--- not gf ), CHH, and E. Of S....we are only staying 5 days, so that's a fair amount. Also, waffles at sleepy hallow (again, for DD-- I want to be her!)

Nice! It definitely helps to have a good idea of what the QS options are going in, so you can make educated decisions on the fly. I think I'm going to have a tough time fitting in all the food on my trip! So many holiday snacks I want to try, lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter