2 agents on a TOP SECRET MISSION to celebrate 10 year wedding anniversary in style!

We decided to see the show Poseidon's Fury next located in the Lost Continent. The entrance to the building is really stunning. It is made to look like the ruins of an old temple. We decided to see Posiedon's Fury. The wait line is made to look like the spooky corridors of the temple and it feels like you are walking into an Indiana Jones scene in the Temple of Doom. The show is very interactive as the audience is moved from one room to another. It experience is a little scary for young kids because you are often in the dark with a scary voice threatening your to end life but it was highly entertaining for us adults. The end show has special effects and explosions/fire tricks in the water. We both really liked it!

So after the show it was getting pretty hot outside so John convinced me to go on the Jurassic Park River Adventure. I was going to wear a poncho incase I got wet but my husband kept laughing at the idea and no one else was wearing one so I thought how wet could I really get...Oh was I wrong! I got soaked. As the boat dropped a big wave splashed up and landed just on me. I was the only one in the boat who got soaked. Figures!

This is me in the Jurassic Park store after the Ride. I was soaked and freezing.

We were about to step out when all of a sudden, the sky broke open and it started pouring rain. It look like we were in a tropical storm of some kind cause the winds picked up and I froze even more.

After waiting for 20 min under the cover of a fast food overhang, we decided to walk to through the rain to get to our hotel. I could not take being that cold anymore.

When we got to the resort, we were soaked all the way down to our underwear. And of course, as soon as we got to our room, the rain stopped!

We decided to take a hot shower and a little nap instead of going back to the park. We were pretty fed up anyway. That evening we got dressed up and took the boat to Universal's City Walk which is filled with restaurants and nightly entertainment. We decided to go casual and ate at Bubba Gump Shrimp.

John took a Coronarita which is basically a margarita with a bottle of Corona mixed in. We both laughed at the presentation.

John and I ordered the Shrimper's Heaven that comes with coconut shrimp, shrimp with fries, tempura shrimp and chilled cocktail shrimp . It was really good! then for dessert we shared a key lime pie, also delicious.

I cheated and took two lactaid pills to eat this but it was worth it!

Universal City Walk is really fun at night and I found it much more entertaining than Downtown Disney since it is more geared towards an adult clientele.

The next morning we went for breakfast at the Hotel's main restaurant Island Dining. I was really impressed: the food selection was extensive and very fresh. It was totally worth the money.

We took a few pictures around this beautiful Resort. The decor in the main building is refined and very pretty.

We left with full bellies and headed to the boat launch to visit Universal Studios.
Love that water plane!

The outside of the hotel from the boat

It was a beautiful morning and we were excited to visit the other park. I was hoping is a bit bigger than Island of Adventure which other than Harry Potter, left me feeling unsatisfied.

First we headed straight to the Transformers ride knowing it was the most popular and most recent in the park.

Guess who we met along the way, so I waited in line for the meet and greet.

Yup the one and only Bumble Bee.
But unfortunately he walked back into his hanger and I was told to wait a few moments. That is when I got to meet Megatron. I have to say, he is as scary as he looks. And he kept truanting me so I was anxious to get out of there;)

Then we headed over to the ride. As you walk through you get to see a piece of the "all spark"

The Ride was AMAZING! :worship: I cannot believe how real it seems. It feels like you are in the heart of the action fighting Megatron and the Deceptacons. It is supposedly a more advanced ride technologically and it showed. SO COOL!

At the end of the ride.

On our way out we saw Optimus Prime which was really cool.

Next ride: Decpicable Me. This is a fun ride for adult and kids alike. If you have not seen the movies do try to do so before going to Universal. It will add just so much more to your experience. How can you not love those Minions.

Love the details.

After the ride you can party with the Minions, which I found was too cute for the little kiddies.

Next we went to see "The Mummy" but we were told it was a roller coaster in the dark. Ugh, Space Mountain flashback...no thanks. SO we contented ourselves with doing some shopping in the Egyptian themed store.

His impression of The Mummy!

The park has some appeal but overall is not as immersive as WDW. You can always see another "Land from were you are standing.

See what I mean, we can see the Transformer's ride from the "New York" Area, which makes the park seem smaller.

We decided to Ride Transformers again because it was so fun the first time so we headed back that way.

This is the front of the Ride

We then went to Twister. It was a fun experience which was also very informative.
Plus you get to experience what a real twister would feel like: a mild one but it give you a good idea on how scary it could be.

Then we headed to the back of the park towards San Fransico. We had to stop and take a picture with Jaws.

We spotted the Simpsons on the other side of the water so we skipped the rides on this side of the park and headed straight there. My husband and I are big Simpson's Fans. We have been watching the shows since we were kids and could not wait to see the new addition to the park.

The Simpson's Land has a Carnival theme to it which suits it. I was told by one of the workers there that Universal went to great trouble to get all the exact colours right from the show and I think Universal did an amazing job.

It was fun to be able to see the actual places in Springfield like the Kwik-E-Mart, Moe's Tavern, Krusty Burger, and even the statue of Jebidiah Springfield. Very immersive.

Since it was lunch time anyway, we walked into Moe's tavern looking for food. I was blown away at the accuracy of the tavern. It looked just like in the show down to the colours and the littlest details. How cool is that.

The tavern is connected to the food court where you have several meal choices. Lisa's Teahouse of Horrors has healthy options like salads and fruit plates, Luigi's has pizza, the Frying Dutchman has fried seafood, Cletus's Chicken SHak has fried chicken, Krusty Burgers has, well, you know, krusty burgers.

I decided be bad and have a fried chicken waffle sandwich. and my husband wanted to try a Krusty Burger. Not the healthiest choice but too appealing to forgo. There is a large seating area with a huge mural of the Springfield with all the Simpson's characters but we decided to head back into Moe's Tavern to enjoy our meal. Honestly the food was very good (for fast food) and the atmosphere could not be beat!

My waffle sandwich with curly fries

John's Krusty Burger with special sauce!

After Lunch we decided to sit at the Bar try a flaming Moe and a Duff Beer. The Duff Beer is made by a microbrewery from Florida. John said the Beer was really good. The flaming Moe is kind of like an Orangina with Dry Ice. It was ok but not something I would order again.

The bar tender pouring my Flaming Moe.

We took a few more pics of the bar and myself with Barney.

TV playing Simpson episodes in the bar

John was a little jealous!

Once outside we looked for some rides to do. The Kang and Kodos 'twirl'n'Hurl is like Dumbo the flying elephant on crack. We did not try it but the kids riding seemed to love it. Plus the Alian keeps saying his catch phrase "Foolish Humans".

I had to take a picture with Nelson at the Kwiki Mart. I think he likes me more than Lisa.

I hold up the Giant Donut from LArdLAo Donuts (Sorry wrong Hand!)

We meet Side Show Bob and Krusty on the way to ride the Simpson's ride so we take a picture with them.

Krusty was really touchy feely which I guess is how he would be in real life, but I hope he is not like that with the kiddies.

The Simpson Ride used to be the Back to the Future Ride. It is a much better ride now. John did suffer from a little motion sickness afterwards but I really did not find it too bad.

While in line at The Simpson's Ride.

Just besides The Simpson you can still find the back to the future props that used to be there when the ride was still running.

Next we walked into the Sponge Bob Store. Our kids love Sponge Bob so we took a few pics for them.

They have a Curious George Land which is some kind of huge splash park. This would be great for the kids but it gets you completely soaked so we stayed away.

We saw the cool dinner from that famous movie (I can't remember the title, you know, the one with all the cars.) but the line up was crazy.

They were building the new Harry Potter Section and you could already see the train station starting to take shape.

Diagon Alley in construction

NExt, Men In Black. This ride was crazy. You are in a vehicle and it keeps swinging you around while you try to shoot cardboard aliens. We did not score very well. Will Smith laughed at us.

Then we decided to try The Terminator. it is a really lame show. John fell asleep it was so boring. I don't recommend this one at all.

After that boring experience we decided to sit and wait for the afternoon parade. The Parade was fun and colourful and it made me miss my kids. I wish they could have seen it, they would have loved it.

http://i1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii586/alexsandraG/Anniversary%20Trip/_DSC5402.jpg[/IMG]

Minions, my favourite

The girls from Despicable me doing a little dance for us.

"V" doing his thing

Patrick

Sponge Bob

Diego

The Diego car

We decided to finish the night at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, again, one last time. Can you say obsessed, yup! So we walked over to Island of Adventure and took more pictures.

pics.

Got my dork moves!

We saw the Incredible Hulk on the way out

They were closing the park to we head out with the rest of the crowds. Instead of going back to the hotel we decided to go eat in City Walk. We loved our meal so much at Bubba Gump and we were too tired to walk around looking for another place so we just went straight there. We had a garden salad with Fish and chips and John had the cajun Shrimp which he loved. I also had a blueberry lemonade which was really good. No dessert this time. We were stuffed.

We headed back to Universal Studios for the Cinematic Spectacular, 100 Years of Movie Memories. It is a night show with projections on a wall of water with special effects on the water. It is like a cross between Disney's Fantasmic and Illuminations at a much lower level. I was unimpressed, I guess I was expecting something more stunning and was kind of left wanting more bang!

Walking through the park at night

We found a spot in front of Ghirardelli's

This was our view.

The tiny fireworks show!

I went to the bathroom in the train station next to the Italian section. I was so impressed with the bathroom that I have to show you pics. It looks like a N.Y. Subway station

Our last day in Orlando and we woke up to this. How pretty.

While John checked us out, I went around taking pictures of the grounds.

John is ready to go.

Front entrance to the resort. Stunning!

And off to the airport. Our trip finally comes to an end...so sad!
I had such a wonderful time. It was the best vacation we ever took together as a couple. We had fun and goofed around and we took it easy just the two of us. I am really glad we did it and it still remains our little secret. I sorted some pics of restaurants and showed only those to my family but no one knows we went to Walt Disney World. They all think we went to relax on a beach somewhere. The fact that it remains a secret is what makes it feel a little naughty. We like naughty! :rotfl2:

So I finally finished the trip report. Sorry for the delay. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter