2 agents on a TOP SECRET MISSION to celebrate 10 year wedding anniversary in style!

While walking through Fantasyland my husband suggested we ride the Little Mermaid...whaaaat? I was surprised since it is a kiddie ride. We actually rode it in December with the kids and I found it to be cute but not worth seeing again. Finally after riding it again, I found it more appealing this time around. The outside of the ride is so inviting with its beautiful rocky cliffs, waterfalls and seaside theme.

After that we headed towards Storybook Circus. It is such a fun addition to the park. The new Dumbo ride is so beautiful to look at and the giant Big Top tent really adds to the whole Circus atmosphere. I love shopping in the big tent. The details on the floor and walls are so well done and the sweet treats they sell in the middle look so appealing. Look at all the goodies on display for Halloween.

Plus how can you not love the kiddy play area with its circus animals spraying water at the young ones.

Very cute!

It was now time for lunch so we got in line at BOG. The line up looked really long and the sun was now at its hottest so my husband was not too crazy about the idea. I really wanted to try it so he finally went along with it to make me happy:flower3: The staff did offer us umbrellas and cold water and I thought that was nice. We waited about 20-30 min before we got in. It was hot but the wait was not too bad. The details of the castle are so well executed. We were really blown away.

Once in we were greeted by the talking armoury. The ceiling were adorned with regal flags and the ceilings were vaulted like a real castle. Then you are shown into a purple room with screens and cashiers.

I asked to speak to a manager about my food allergies and they actually sent out the chef. He was very kind and had a white binder where all the ingredients were listed for each item. He told me all the items I was looking at were safe for me. I ordered the salad nicoise with seared tuna and my husband ordered the quinoa salad. We both skipped desserts since we were not very hungry after standing outside in that intense heat. They then told us to choose our seat and they would find us using our magic bands (no light up rose buzzer).

We were blown away by the beauty of the main dining room which is supposed to look like the Beast's ballroom. WOW. Gorgeous chandeliers hanging from the ceiling, beautiful frescos painted on the ceiling, big majestic windows looking out onto a snowy white night scene.

We decided to sit towards the back of the ballroom near the windows. IT actually looks like it is snowing outside and made for a very romantic setting. Since we were hungry we decided to explore the other two rooms after we ate our food. Our food arrived promptly in a cute little rollaway cart. The salads were both delicious but the Quinoa salad was the clear winner.

Salad Nicoise

Quinoa salad

The other rooms were just as beautiful. The West Wing being my favourite with the encased magical rose.

Loved my lunch here and would highly recommend eating here just to catch a glimpse of the inside of the castle.

I'm so jealous. We wanted to eat there when we were there in May but ADR's were impossible and we got there too late for lunch. :mad:

Next time, for sure ! :thumbsup2

I'm so jealous. We wanted to eat there when we were there in May but ADR's were impossible and we got there too late for lunch. :mad:

Next time, for sure ! :thumbsup2

The same thing happened to us when we were there in December with the kids. That is why I wanted to try it so bad even though the line to get in was long.
My husband and I were blown away by the grandeur and the attention to details. It really feels like you just walked into Beast' castles. It is so immersive it is hard not to fall in love with it. We really enjoyed eating there. Plus there are several healthy food choices for a QS and that is very appealing to us. You have to try it next time you go.:thumbsup2

Next we headed toward Splash mountain. My husband really wanted to ride it, but to tell you the truth, I was still feeling a little queasy from riding Space Mountain. I didn't want to ruin it for him so we started heading in that direction. On the way there, I notice that they changed a spot in Fantasyland right next to It's a Small World, right before you enter Liberty Square. They change the bathroom area to resemble the scenes in the movie "Tangled". It is very cute what they did. You can see her tower and the pub and they hung lanterns and little purple flags like in the movie. When you go into the girls' bathroomyou can see Rapunzel's paintings and at the top, her books, paintbrushes and trinkets. On the Mens' side, John told me they have frying pans and wanted signs.

So we walked all the way up to Splash mountain but the wait was 1 hour long so I told John we would head back there later. Unfortunately, with the magic bands, you cannot get fastpasses the regular way. You have to pre-select them in advance. You only have 3 per day and they all have to be in the same park. I personally do not like this new fastpass system, however I love everything else about the Magic Bands: room key, park tickets and being able to purchase food and gifts all on you Magic band. ANyway, to get back to the subject at hand, since we were planning on heading to Hollywood Studios that night, we had decided to keep our fastpasses for that park instead. We stopped for a little to watch some banjo players do a little western number and we headed to adventure land.

We had never been in the Enchanted Tiki Room and there was a showing in 5 minutes so we decided to get out of the sun for a little bit. It was a cute little show that is somewhat kitsch and playful with its animatronic singing/talking birds and over the top tropical theme. The birds are quite amusing and the songs entertaining. We liked it. Sorry I only took pics of the outside.

We were a little hungry after that so we headed to ALoha Isle were we shared a Pineapple Dole Whip Float. So good.
We then headed back to Space Mountain to see if they found my reusable water
bottle. They had not so they gave me a lost and found number and told me to call tomorrow.

On the way out of the park, I was still hungry so I decided to treat myself to some corn dog nuggets from Casey's. OMG, I did not know these little babies were so good! They are seriously so addictive. Crunchy cornmeal exterior with a smooth creamy interior with a savoury little cocktail dog on the inside. Paired with ketchup or mustard these are one of my new favourite Disney treats.:love:

Can you tell I am enjoying the corn dog nuggets!?LOL

Sorry ate half of the bucket before taking the pic, but I could not help myself.

Next, pool time at the Poly...

With the intense afternoon heat, we were kinda pooped at this point and so we decided to head back to the hotel for a little pool time. On the way out of Magic kingdom we stopped in at the Confectionary just out of curiosity. Again we saw tons of yummy looking treats just in time for Halloween.

Plus on the way out we also took a picture of the Space Mountain poster to commemorate our first time riding.

We decided to take the boat ride back instead of the monorail. We waited about 10-15 min when the cute little ferry boat arrived. It is a fun, relaxing ride that brings passengers to the Grand Floridian and then to the Poly. You can get a good look at the new Grand Floridian Villas.

Grand Floridian Villas

The Poly

IT drops us off on the dock which is right beside the marina, next to our building, Fiji. We went strait to our room to change and headed to the main Volcano pool. There were quite a lot of people at the pool, so we went to lie on the long chairs on the beach.

My handsome guy

The Poly Pool

I love the zero entry and the beautiful water fall feature in the pool. The slide is fun and wicked fast/dark. It was a nice pool but I don't think it is big enough for the whole resort. It was hard to swim around without getting kicked, splashed or bumped into by other people/kids. Thank goodness they are redoing it soon. I heard they are even putting in a lazy river. Now we are talking people!

It was already 3:30PM and we had dinner reservations at 50's Prime Time at 5:15, so we headed back to our room to shower and get ready. Tonight was the first ever Villains Bash at HS and we had wanted to check it out, knowing all to well that it was going to be packed. We made our way to the bus stop which is a five min. walk from our room. We waited no less than 2 min for the HS bus. Before entering the park they had a cool flower display of Monsters University which I taught was really neat.

By the time we got into the park, it was 5:00PM so we headed straight to the restaurant. We have been to the restaurant several times but was never seated at a table with a TV. THis time we lucked out.

It was fun to watch some old 50's episodes or see some vintage black and white ads while we were waiting for our food. Our waitress was a sweaty pie and got the chef for me. THe chef was really nice and showed me which dishes were safe for me to eat. I asked about the fried chicken and the meatloaf which were both ok. I then asked him which was better and he said the fried chicken so I went with the chef's recommendation. My husband ordered the pork chop.
The chef also told me they had Toffuti or coconut ice cream which I was not in the mood for so I forego the dessert all together. THank goodness I did because I was so stuffed after that huge dish of fried chicken.

Dairy free fried chicken with mashed potatoes, gravy, collard greens with bacon.

Grilled Pork chop with veggies.

Both dishes were very good. We both enjoyed our meal and our conversation with our waitress.

Next rides and Villains Bash

Last edited:
I'm not too crazy about the whole FP+ deal. I'm not one to follow an itinerary so this is not something I would use .. to me it;s just too much to have to worry about ADR times AND FP times. :sad2:

Prime Time is one of our most favorite places to eat (the ONE ADR we made this last trip!)
I usually get the pot roast .. it's yummy ! The chicken looked very good as well .. I may have to try that next time. :thumbsup2

I'm not too crazy about the whole FP+ deal. I'm not one to follow an itinerary so this is not something I would use .. to me it;s just too much to have to worry about ADR times AND FP times. :sad2:

I know what you mean. I like planning out in advance but often make changes when I am there. I liked the old fastpass system. I liked that I could go to another part of the park if I saw the area was too busy and just grab a fastpass when I liked. Another disadvantage is that with a park hopper you cannot utilize the fastpass system in another park. You have to select your fastpasses in advance and they all have to be in the same park. FOr example, we had spent the day in Magic Kingdom on the Friday and then headed to HS that night. So we had to choose which park we wanted to use the fastpasses in. THat means we could not grab fastpasses for Splash Mountain like I would have liked because I saved my fast passes for my evening at HS when it was really busy.
I hope Disney rethinks this whole system.

Prime Time is one of our most favorite places to eat (the ONE ADR we made this last trip!)
I usually get the pot roast .. it's yummy ! The chicken looked very good as well .. I may have to try that next time. :thumbsup2

I love the pot roast too but now I can't have it anymore because it has dairy. Actually that was my husband's other choice that night but he opted for the pork chop because it was so hot that day and he just did not feel like eating something so hardy! I love 50's PT: the atmosphere, the food , the service.

We finished our meal at 50's Prime Time Cafe and were ready to go do some rides. We walked around echo lake were there were stations setup for meet and greets for the Villains party.

Later that we saw plenty of villains but there were so many people there I could not get a clear shot of them.

I had not had time to select my fastpasses earlier that day so I took a couple of minutes and tried to do so on my phone. I got passes for Star Tours, Toy Story and Hollywood Tower of Terror. The park was open late tonight, 1am, in honour of the 13 hour of the 13th day and so these rides were open also. Then we did the Muppets Vision 3D which is always very amusing show.

Me making fastpass selections on my phone before entering the Muppets

We then walked through the streets of America and through Pixar Place to end up right in front of "Walt DIsney: One Man's Dream". We have never seen this attraction before since we were always with fidgety kids but this time we had plenty of time to walk through and read Walt's story. It was really fascinating and inspirational. John and I really enjoyed it.

It was then time to use our first fastpass for Star Tour. So we trekked our way back to that area. First, I have to tell you that I am a bit of a geek and that I am a huge fan of Star Wars and have been since I was a kid. This is my favourite in the whole park by far and I think it is really well executed. I also should tell you that I felt a little queasy after dinner and John too ever since riding Space Mountain. But we were not going to let that stop us! Oh no, we had to test our limits so on we went.

I forgot to take some pics so I will post some from my previous trip

OK so when we got out, John was queasy now without a doubt but I had so much fun I wanted to ride again. There was a 5 min wait so John agreed to go back on with me. Well my second run did me in too. I was a little nauseous but we decided to walk it off for a while. Our second fastpass was not for another 40 min. so we had plenty of time.

We walked back towards Hollywood Boulevard were there was a large stage with Musicians playing some evil tunes. It was pretty crowded but manageable. The Musicians were really good and then Hades showed up and made the show even more fun. There were pyrotechnics and fireworks. PLus there were tons of villains walking through the crows. We saw captain Hook and some villains I did not even recognize.

It was then time for our second fastpass for Toy Story. We walked through the crowd and got in the fastpass line which was really long. The regular line had a 90 min. wait. It was 10:30PM so you can see what kind of crowds we are talking about.
I was still a little queasy from Star Tours so was nervous about the spinning.
John and I competed and tried to beat each other's scores, but alas John won.

As soon as I walked off the ride it hit me! I was so nauseous, I had trouble walking!? I have never been nauseous before on any of these rides so I think it was still the after effects of riding Space Mountain that morning. We walked around some more so I get get some fresh air. We went to Writer's Stop which was packed, and I ordered a tea thinking it would help a little. IT sis not. I could not even drink it. So John suggested we just keep walking around which seemed to be the only thing that helped. We headed towards Sunset Blvd so that we could do a little shopping in some of those store. We walked in and could not even move. It took me 5 min to exit the store just because of the traffic jam in front of the doors. It was crazy. We we supposed to ride Hollywood Tower of Terror and that was clearly not going to happen! The people on the blvd were becoming more abundant because of the upcoming Fantasmic show about to start.

We really wanted to stay for the special party fireworks but I just could not deal with the crowds and the nausea anymore so we decided to skip them. We walked out of the park to our bus stop. Unfortunately, there was a problem with the buses that night, and was especially bad with our resort bus. We waited over an hour for our bus. THere was a transportation manager there who kept apologizing and saying that the buses were having trouble entering the park because of unforeseen traffic. Well all the other resort were running fine while the line of people for our bus stop was getting so long that it wound all the way down the path. IT was ridiculous. Some guy even said that he went to get a Taxi and the Taxi driver refused to bring him to the resort saying that the traffic was so bad. At that point I really regretted just not staying in the park after all. I should have gone on the water taxi to Beach Club and walked through Epcot to catch the monorail from there but I was so tired and I knew that the bus would arrive as soon as I left. Anyway, we finally got back to our room exhausted and went straight to bed.

Next our day at Epcot...

Next morning we woke up to this view!

Blown away again, wow! So blessed to be able to see this beautiful sunrise in such a great setting with the person I love most.
Ok enough cheese for now, moving on.

Our plan that morning was to eat breakfast at Captain Cooks, but with our bad lunch experience the other day my husband insisted we eat at Kona Cafe again. So we walked up to check if there was any place available. They told us there was no problem and seated us quickly.

We had a really nice waitress that morning that had food allergies herself so we got to talking about the issue quite a bit. The chef came out and went over my allergies/intolerance again. I wanted my husband's fruit plate from the other day but could not have the banana bread. So I replaced the banana bread with 2 slices of toast with peanut butter. I love peanut butter by the way, so was happy with that, plus I just wanted the fruits more than anything.
As for my husband he ordered the steak and eggs which he said was very good.

steak and eggs

After a very satisfying breakfast, we headed straight out to the monorail and headed to Epcot. I know it is faster to just walk to the TTC but the monorail was right there and we felt lazy. :rolleyes:

After passing security we had to take a shot of the great big golf ball;)

Here I am doing a really bad impression of Atlas (the greek god) with the world on his shoulders.

I had preselected our fastpasses that morning starting with Test Track, Soaring and finishing the evening with a special seating area for Illuminations.

We had some time to kill before our first fast pass time so we headed over to see Captain EOS which we had never seen before. It was really outdated which was not surprising and I found it really long. When we finally got out of the theatre, our it was time to use our first fast pass. We headed to Test Track excitedly. We had not seen it since its renovation and was really impressed with the new interactive experience. We loved building our own car.

Unfortunately, as soon as we got into the car, a voice came onto the intercom announcing that our test rack experience had been terminated. We were all confused not knowing if it was part of the experience. Everyone in our car was like "what is going on?". THen another voice came on and told us to wait in our cars until someone came to get us. We waited over 20 min. with no one in sight. SInce we were on the loading platform we just decided to exit the car and walk out. Everyone followed suit. We then proceeded to speak to cast member outside the ride so that we could get fast passes to come back to ride at a later time. We must have been at least a group of 15 people and the cast member seemed reluctant on believing our story. Ya, as if 15 people got together to make up such a bogus story and when there were announcement being made outside that the ride had broken down and come back later. After a small debate they finally gave them to us and we headed to our next fast pass for Soaring.

There was only a 20 min wait for soaring so John suggested we ride it first and then come out and use our fast pass for a second turn. With only an hour window, I was not sure about this plan but my husband seemed so sure that it would work, I went along with it. Well, we got in line and the place really filled up behind us. AFter waiting 15 min, they announced that the wait time had been bumped up to 40 min. It took at least 30 min. to finally board the ride which I found really long. THis must be the most boring line to wait it with its long corridors and dim lighting it just seems like they could have made an effort when designing this ride. Anyway, it is our favourite ride in all of Epcot and the ride itself was well worth it, however we did not have time to go again when we got out. We missed our fastpass window by 30 min.

I was kind of cranky after waiting in line so long when I knew it was completely unnecessary and I was not in the mood to ride anymore rides. I guess I was also getting hungry since we were approaching noon. We decided to head to the World Showcase. We walked around the different countries, talking our time, visiting the shops and the small details in each place.
As we headed into Mexico, we saw Donald Duck standing behind the temple with no one yet in line. I asked my husband, who was less than willing, to come with me. It did not take a lot of convincing. I think he felt bad about Soaring.:lmao:

Isn't it a cute picture!

We finally stopped in Japan where we decided on some sushi for lunch. It is a such a pretty pavilion: so easy to photograph.

The restaurant is in the far left of the pavilion and has a beautiful terrace overlooking the gardens with red tables and hanging lanterns.

our view from our table outside.

The sushi was ok, nothing special but it was light and healthy.
After lunch we headed into the store. They had so many cools things to look at.
They were selling Kimonos. I decided to try one on. It was so pretty I almost bought it but it was going to cost me $80 and I did not know when I was going to have the chance to wear it.

We walked over to another part of the store where a young girl was picking a oyster out of a tank. I was curious so went to see. The japanese lady, opened the oyster and pulled out a huge pearl. Then the young girl walked over the the other side of the counter where she selected a necklace to hold her pearl.
I wanted pearl earrings for the longest time so my husband got me to pick two pearls so he could get earrings made for me. So sweet!

Me picking my oysters.

The oysters being opened

The pearl in the oyster

My two pearls in salt to clean them

Isn't that so cool!? Since both pearls were different sizes and colours, I chose which I liked better and they found the closest match for me. They told me it would take an hour and gave a receipt for pick up. I was so happy with my gift, my husband really spoiled me.:flower3:

Next up, a drink and "une glace" in France

My whole family's favorite part of Epcot is Mitsukoshi, seems like we spend the most money there ! But it's a fun store.
Once when I was a kid, my mom got 2 pearls out of 1 oyster .. it was the coolest thing ! Of course she made earrings from them. ;)

Fun day ! :thumbsup2

My whole family's favorite part of Epcot is Mitsukoshi, seems like we spend the most money there ! But it's a fun store.
Once when I was a kid, my mom got 2 pearls out of 1 oyster .. it was the coolest thing ! Of course she made earrings from them. ;)

Fun day ! :thumbsup2

It is a really fun store. I am happy that we took the time to explore each store in every country.
Wow, two pearls in one oyster! That must have been special.
I know that I love my earrings and that they are even more special to me because it reminds me of my day at Epcot with my hubby.

Sorry, I did not have time to post the last few days. I am actually leaving for CHina on Tuesday and have been so busy at work. THis week-end was our Thanksgiving dinner with the whole family and I hosted.

So back to my trip! After exploring Mitsukoshi and getting my pearl earrings, we continued exploring a few more stores in each country. It was getting quite hot in the World Show case so we decided to stop in France and get an adult slushy to help us cool off.;)
I got a Grey Goose Slushy (because I love Vodka and lemon) and my husband got the Grand Marnier Slushie.

I drank mine so fast that I was feeling a little happy afterwards.

Then we walked through the back of the France pavilion and went to explore the new Boulangerie de France. It smelled like freshly baked bread in there and I got a craving for a nice baguette. So I followed my nose. SInce we are from Quebec we spoke in FRench with the server who seemed more than pleased to speak in his native tongue. The woman ordering next to me was so impressed that we spoke French while having no accent in English. I explained to here that I was from Quebec Canada and that is why we speak french but she seemed utterly confused. It looked like she never even heard of Canada!?:confused3 But then she told me that she ordered a glass of Champagne because she had never tasted it so I guess she just doesn't get out much. SHe was very nice though and she seemed so happy about her glass of Champagne that I could not help finding her endearing!

Anyway, back to my baguette, here is a picture! Yum!

Freshly baked baguette with a bit of Confiture au Fraise

I guess I was making my husband hungry because he too was in search of a snack, preferably something cold. I brought him to L'Artisant des Glaces. It was so charming in there and the ice cream flavours looked so tempting . My husband ordered a Ice Cream Martini, yes more alcohol! Well he is allowed, no kids remember!
He had the choice of any flavour 2 scoops, topped with either Grand Marnier or Whipped Cream Vodka or Rum. Since he just had Grand Marnier in his slushy, he decided to not mix. He chose hazelnut and Caramel Fleur de Sel.
He really liked it but was really tipsy afterwards. He said it was way too strong! That is not necessarily a bad thing.:rotfl:

Doesn't that look delicious!

We kept waling around the showcase and when we finally got to Canada, I was feeling overheated (and most probably dehydrated) and decided to head back to the resort just to get out of the sun and take a little afternoon break. We hopped the monorail and met a really nice couple from South Carolina on the ride to our resort and we seemed to have a lot in common. It turns out they also were staying at the Poly. and asked us to join them at the quiet pool for a quick dip. I was kind of tired and felt like napping but was also really hot. So I went anyway and finally it did me some good to swim. I needed to cool off and the cold water refreshed me and cleared my head.

We had reservations at La Hacienda at 6:45PM so we had to quickly shower and head back to Epcot. We arrived 15 min. but there was a long line at the check in desk. So John insisted to go get my pearl earrings while I waited to be seated. Bad idea, it took 5 min before they called my name to be seated and the hostess refused to seat me until my husband had arrived. Actually she gave me such attitude that I felt embarrassed and a little taken aback. I don't see why they did not just seat me and I could have ordered drinks and an appetizer for us. It made me want to just leave. PLus it took him longer than he thought to walk around the showcase to Japan and the more I waited the more I was getting nervous. When he finally got back, I had been waiting over 15-20 min.
Anyway, I was promptly seated after that and luckily I had the nicest, most professional waiter. The restaurant is just breath taking with its grand windows looking out onto the lagoon and its beautiful hanging lamps in the shape of stars. So pretty and romantic. We were seated in a cosy booth were we had a perfect view of the lagoon.

Beautiful menus

Star Lanterns hanging above us

The view (very romantic)

We both ordered Margaritas. I ordered a Mango Basil Blueberry Margarita and John a Orange Mango Fire. I have to say that I prefer my Margarita's classic but this drink went so well with my meal I really enjoyed it in the end.

The Chef came out to discuss my allergies. He was so young looking (in his 20s) and took my order in such a hurry that I was a little concerned, but he did a great job (no mishaps). I asked if I could have the Tacos de Camarones (shrimp tacos). He told me the batter on the shrimp has dairy but he could prepare them grilled for me. It sounded great to me. My husband ordered the Pollo al Pastor (marinated chicken with vegetables).
Our plates came out fairly quickly and looked so pretty. One bite of my tacos and OMG, these were the best tacos I had ever eaten. SO flavourful, so well seasoned. It was so good that I am salivating thinking about it. My husband was also just as pleased with his meal. We both agreed that it was one of the best meal on our trip, a new favourite of ours for sure!

Shrimp Tacos

Chicken

For dessert I was able to have Churros or sorbet. I took churros, not the best choice! Portion was tiny and the churros were a little stale.

After the meal we went into the Mayan Temple facing the restaurant. The inside is made to look like Mexican street markets at night. It is very charming.

There was a half hour before Illumination and I had selected a special viewing spot for the show as my fastpass selection. We were directed to the reserved viewing spot and found quite a lot of people there. we found a spot and sat on the ground like the other families around us.

We could see everything from there and thought that this fastpass option was well worth it.

Illuminations

This was a really fun day and Epcot has to be the most adult friendly park. Plus I got to try a new restaurant which ended up being one of my favourite dining experiences on this trip.

Next my day at Animal Kingdom...

Your Mexico meal looks delish!

My DH always asks to eat in Mexico but we have such good Mexican restaurants locally that I never give in. After seeing your pictures I may have to!

Your Mexico meal looks delish!

My DH always asks to eat in Mexico but we have such good Mexican restaurants locally that I never give in. After seeing your pictures I may have to!

It was my first and only experience eating there, so I can't guarantee you will like it as much as we did but my husband and I like good food and this was one of our best meal on the trip. I recommend it for sure! I know I will be back on my next trip, however this time I think I would just stick to the classic Margarita and will skip dessert.

I got a Grey Goose Slushy (because I love Vodka and lemon) and my husband got the Grand Marnier Slushie.

I drank mine so fast that I was feeling a little happy afterwards.

Nothing wrong with that! You're supposed to feel happy at Disney!
Great TR! :thumbsup2 Looking forward to more.

Hi everyone, sorry for the long delay on posting more about my trip, but I was in China for 3 weeks (for business) and the connection over there was so bad I could not post anything. I am back now, so it's all good:thumbsup2

To resume, my previous day at Epcot was really fun and we got back pretty late after illuminations since we did a bit of shopping afterwards in the park to let the crowds disperse a bit before going to catch our Monorail. We actually walked to our room from the Ticket in Transportation Center and I have to say, the Polynesian is so pretty at night with its lite up torches.

Anyway, today was going to be a great day since John and I both really love Animal Kingdom. We love the fact that that park doesn't feel like an amusement park. You almost forget you are in Florida, instead you feel transported to some tropical and foreign lands. We had reservations for Tusker House at 9:30AM. We actually got there for opening at 9:00Am and had a chance to walk around the park slowly making our way towards "Africa" and taking in the sights along the way.

love this sign, so colourful and playful!

Beautifully carved doors to Africa

We checked in 15 min. before our ADR and we showed an outdoor sitting area in the back of the restaurant, where there is a small area setup for pictures with Donald Duck. THis was not our first Time at Tusker House. I love the little subtle details scattered throughout the restaurant to make it look like a safari outpost. It just makes the dining experience that much more memorable.

Plastered on the walls

Lighting and broken and aged walls all make you feel like this place has been around a long time.

Inside the restaurant, made to look like an African street market

Our pic with Donald, who forced us to hold hands and kiss afterwards (he saw our anniversary pin)

They soon called out our name and we were promptly seated. We were brought some coffee and jungle juice while we waited for the chef to visit our table. Just want to mention how much I like that jungle juice. It was so delicious and addictive, I had a few glasses which I regretted afterwards as it is very sweet and gave me a little bit of a headache, but worth it none the less.

Jungle Juice, oops forgot to take the picture before I down it!

While waiting for the Chef, Mickey came to our table and I got such a nice shot with him. I love the safari gear he was sporting.

Had to force my husband to take a picture with Mickey, he is not a fan of getting to much attention, lol!

I love the room we were seated in It was very bright with lots of sunlight.

Room next to us

The Chef came by and we discussed my allergies and my intolerance to lactose. He went through the buffet with me and told me what I could or could not eat. He also offered to make me waffles or pancakes. I accepted but only for one Mickey waffle as I felt I had enough sugar with all the jungle juice I drank;)

My Allergy-Free Mikey Waffle

The buffet was plentiful and very delicious filled with regular breakfast fare and several more adventurous African inspired dishes. It is one of my favourite breakfast buffets and I would not hesitate to go back.

As we ate our breakfast we had several more characters come and visit us.

DAisy

Goofy

Me and Goofy got it going on!

We were both stuffed when we left the restaurant and decided to walk around and take some pictures while we waited for our first Fastpass return Time. We headed to the tree of life were we got some really nice pictures of us.

My husband was monkeying around!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter