20041218-cruise-friends-memories Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well now that 3000 is safely behind me I can go back to bed and not dream of pirate: taking my post.

Good job posting everyone!

Good Evening Everyone,

Hope everyone is well. We are going to Mississippi thursday to see if we like it. I doubt I will but we will see.
Talk to you all later,
Matt

Originally posted by Donalds_best_pal
Good Evening Everyone,

Hope everyone is well. We are going to Mississippi thursday to see if we like it. I doubt I will but we will see.
Talk to you all later,
Matt

Be sure to take a telephone book home with you from MISSISSIPPI. That way you can do some research...
Put the book in your bathroom...you'd be surprised what you can learn about an area by reading its telephone book....princess:

Originally posted by justmestace
:crazy:

You know...it might be easier to get more posts if someone would talk to me!!!

I really can't do this all alone, and no one is going to want to read this gibberish in the morning!

:crazy:

I went to a sales presentation this evening given by a company called Vacation Network, Inc. After listening to their presentation I found I had learned something that astonished me...This is a wholesaler (like Costco, or Sam's) that buys up blocks of resort time and sells it to its members. I told the salesman I only wanted to stay at on-site Disney resorts and he showed the Orlando resorts page of their available properties...OKW, BCV, WLV, BWV.. I was shocked...Did I miss the boat? I thought those properties were for the exclusive use of DVC members. How much harder does that make getting into the resort you want if the time is being sold to a wholesaler?

look, MOM, another top !...all by myself.....

and number 3030, to boot...
Hey, Cash, Wake up........

Ollie?
anyone?

Yoo Hoo............thud
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Happy Wednesday morning everyone.

Welcome Randy and Family.

Mary Congrats on hitting 3000 and on the top of the page , Very cool. Dreams can happen when you wish hard enough!!!!
I just wish to hit the top of the page with any number. But I did claim 4000 so I hope I am on the boards at that time to claim 4000.
Beautiful day in NY. Sunny and in the 60's. When DS gets out of preschool at 12:00 we will go right to the park and bring lunch with us.
Deb, hope all is well. I know I owe you an e mail. I will get to that this week. Regards to Jake from Ethan.
Karyn, I hope you received my e mail. I have been thinking of you and hope all is ok. I have not heard from you in a while. I hope you see this messages as Iam not sure if your computer is up and running. Has anyone heard from Karyn?? If so please e mail or pm me and let me know how she is doing. Thanks
2Bellsmom, Emily has had a really busy week with school, dance, theatre, piano and a lot of homework . She will e mail your daughter as soon as she gets a chance.

Have a great day everyone. Talk to you all later. Fondly, Gail
::MinnieMo

Good morning all!

Sure glad I woke up when I did last night and checked on the board!

Lynda - DVC resorts have always been open to others via cash reservations and trade-ins from other timeshares. When a DVC member uses their points for trade-outs (like to Hawaii etc.) or for other things (like DCL cruises) those points can be converted to cash reservations or for trade-ins. Economically it makes most sense to use points for staying there because the cash reservations can be $$$.

Buying and blocking has been going on in the travel industry for many years. That's why some people have had luck with some of the cruise travel agencies - they buy up blocks and then sell them back.

Wow - this is the trouble with being in the UK - while I'm asleep you're all posting like crazy - I had 5 pages to read this morning - how am I supposed to get to work on time!!!!!!

Angela

Angela - I'm totally with you!

Last night when I first signed off there were 74 posts to go to 3000. I went to sleep about 9 pm and work up at 11 and couldn't fall back to sleep (must have been Stacey yelling for me to wake up :D )

I log on and find that the late night chatters were up to post 2984. In taking the time to read all the posts I looked at the counter again and it was at 2999! Needless to say I posted quickly to claim my 3000! :D

Then another 30 posts before morning hit.

At this rate we'll do 10,000 with no problem and well on our way to 100,000 (can the board even hold that many in one thread?)

There is a lot of silliness in some of those late night posts to get to top of page etc., but it is all in fun and won't we all have a laugh when we get together and talk about it while cruising!

Mary, Congratulations on 3000. Must have been the tag fairy waking you up to claim 3000!

I was wondering about you being awake at that time in Chicago!

Welcome to Randy and Annie and family. Looking forward to chatting with you all.

And Christy, I can't tell you the number of times I've been hit with the "the administrators of this board only allow one post every 49 seconds." message! I've got fast fingers (as anyone in chat can attest to!).

A thought for today:

We sail in 290 days!

mickeygoofy_t.jpg

I HAVE TOO GET WAAAAAY FASTER INTERNET SERVICE
MARY GREAT
Well another day have to get too post office mail video. many things too do before the RAIN starts.

WELCOME NEW CRUISERS I will add your name to the list.
when I get back.::yes:: :yo-yo:

have a great day

gaRry

A quick good morning and I am out the door.

Sorry to leave you all alone last night Lynda!

Heigh Ho.......

Stacey

Since many of you are frequent cruisers - where would you recommend us staying the 2 nights before the cruise. We were planning on staying at the Radisson but there has been some negative feedback on the main cruise board. I'm not too worried about what time we get on the shuttle as I don't have anything other than the Kids club I need to sign up for - so if the rooms/hotel were ok we could still stay there.
Anyone stayed at the Bon Jovi resort?
We want to be over at the Cape so we can go to the Space Center the day before the cruise. We won't have a car - getting a town car over there so need to be shuttled or taxi'd around.
Is it a problem getting a taxi over there?

Angela

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter