2006 DVC Member Cruise - SSMC06 - October 22, 2006 Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
chipscinderelly said:
I'm pretty sure I can arrange some snacks as long as I can ship them somewhere to arrive on Thursday. We'd like to not be assigned any liquids - lol - they dont fly well these days!

We can be a shipping point!!!!

cgcw said:
Excellent that your joining us. You know we would have never let you live it down if you didn't since it's practically in your back yard.

What kind of store is this Kroger?? If someone would go to the trouble of trying to steel your card, it must be some great place.
Kroger is a grocery store chain. They are in IN, but not in the southern part where we live. DD has one near her on the outskirts of Indy though.

Ken and I are not able to commit at this time. If we decide to come, it will be last minute. There are lots of things involved....weather and work are the two biggies. I'll keep my eyes here and let you know something later.

cgcw said:
:worship: Don't discourage her.

Maybe Julie could have some potato chips shipped. :cloud9:
OOPs! Hey ya we would love for you to bring some potato chips!;) I hear your chips are awesome!:thumbsup2 I'm forgetting who has a "in" in potato snacks!:faint:

Krogers is just a grocery store. We had one in Memphis.

The card is NOT worth a thing but it was in one of my jewelry boxes that was gone through but not stolen.

crzy4dals said:
We can be a shipping point!!!!

LOL are you going to be an eating point too??? ;)

Cindy's comment made me laugh and yes, that's what I was thinking... so I'll need to be reminded about a week before!

We will be taking a pass again. I am on a 24 hr shift on the 3rd. I hope you all have a great time!

SQuid

fireplug said:
We will be taking a pass again. I am on a 24 hr shift on the 3rd. I hope you all have a great time!

SQuid
Darn! We always pick the wrong weekend for you. We'll miss ya Steve.:guilty:

alikat99 said:
I have to agree that I'm VERY down on DVC right now!!! Not only did they decide to do this lottery thing, but then to continue to call people that didn't make the "lottery" is just ridiculous!!! Then, I've heard reports of previous cruisers finding new cruisers to book them on SSMC07. It's just a huge disappointment from DVC!!!
Diana Lyn said:
I'm actually just trying to find my guide's email address so I can express to her these same sentiments. When she and I spoke a few weeks ago, that was the exact example I had given her previous cruiser finding a loop hole. :sad2: Not that they are taking a cabin from me, because we aren't interested. I don't like to reward companies with poor customer service procedures with my business.
sanddune said:
I have to agree with every thing you said! I'm just glad that we didn't want to go again.I realy think this cruise is not going so well for them!The points and Dollar price is way to high for this cruise.Plus ,I think most us felt slapped in the face.I'm not going to book a cruise from someone who didn't care about me!They can keep it!
I'm just waiting for our dates to come out so we can book with our friends!When you can book a 7 day for the same dollar amount....That's Ridiculous!!!
cgcw said:
And obviously since they have gone to their list of people that they first rejected, DVC is more interested in having 1st time Members on the cruise than repeaters.

I do feel sorry for the people who want to book this cruise but now have to wait until Saturday while in the meantime, DVC is still trying to fill up the ship.

I also hope that DVC is the one holding the ball in that the cruise doesn't sell out. Wouldn't that almost serve them right?

I am also looking forwards to the 2008 cruise dates coming out so we can book with our friends.

I would be so upset if I received a rejection email and then a few days after their first choice(s) turned them down they called me! It's obvious that DVC must be concerned that they haven't filled all the rooms. I'd love to know how many people were in Groups A, B and C.

Maybe there really was a reason why so many of us were able to get through to MS for SSMC05 and SSMC06, not to mention those of you that made it on the first one too. Perhaps there weren't as many members trying to get on board as DVC (or many of us) thought!

While I'm very disappointed in what DVC has done, I'm really glad that we have met so many WONDERful people from the DIS who helped make SSMC06 so memorable! We are also waiting for the 2008 dates to come out but will probably go on a cruise in 2007 - perhaps Labor Day week. Is anyone else thinking about cruising in 2007 too? It would be fun to cruise with friends again!

I wish we could meet with all of you in February too but that's not a good weekend for us. Annmarie

bcvprincesses said:
Is anyone besides Mark and Mary going to try to get on the members cruise? I really can't decide if we want to go. We would love to go on another cruise with everyone else but I really don't want to go in June. We probably should not go on either one and try to save some more money but what fun would that be???? I guess I really need to decide soon.

David kept telling me he wanted to try to get on the next member cruise, but the other day he changed his mind. It was partly because of the information I've relayed to him from these boards - since he doesn't have time to DIS right now - and partly because of information that was shared with him in a conversation he had with someone int the know. (Whew, what a relief for me. I wasn't convinced I wanted to take Ian again before he's ready for the club, as well as a 5mo, but I was letting David make the decision.) Instead we'll probably go back to WDW next fall and hold off on cruising again for a year or two. I'd love to do back-to-back 7-day cruises.

Morning :wave:

Another sick germ has invaded our house. Walker is home with a fever today. Not good since he's suppose to have surgery on Monday. I'll be calling just about all of our medical doctors today -- as he told me his jaw was sore during the night where the abscess was Sunday, his nose is clogged up and his eyes are hurting. I need to talk to the surgeons office to find out if he can still have surgery and at what point and how do I notify them on Sunday night he's not coming if he's still sick on Monday. :confused:

I planned to take the daycare to see Santa today but now it looks like we're going to have to wait until the week before Christmas as there isn't a good day next week to do it. :scared:

The good news............it's Friday party:

Good morning all! Had another long day yesterday but definately a fun one.

Slept in a bit and then headed over to Epcot mid morning. Realized the night before that I forgot to bring my DDE card. So a stop at Epcot guest services, a quick 10 minute wait and I've got a temporary one to use.

We did Nemo which I think is cute then headed over to the Land food court for an early lunch. Soarin was at 110 minutes by this point so we didn't even bother. We walked around the world and just enjoyed browsing in the shops, seeing the exhibit in China (Tomb Warriors) and just generally enjoying the day.

After looping all through World Showcase we did some shopping back in Mouse Gear and then dropped off our goodies in our locker then headed back to the International Gateway.

It was now about 2:30 and the DVC Merry Member Mixer was slated to start at 3:00. Not long after we got there we met up with Webmaster Doc and his wife. Saw a line was starting to form (this is Disney after all - gather more than say 10 people and they start forming a line) so we got in it. Disney had a nice 4 piece choral group come out and entertain us while waiting. Soon it was time to head in. This event has gotten bigger since the first time we went after the 2004 Christmas Cruise.

We got our picture taken with Chip and Dale, got in a very short line to but a very special pin from the event (the line for this was huge later), then met up with a number of other DISers. The DIS had a very large contingent here which was nice and we got to meet a lot of people who we have talked to before on the boards or in chat but had never met before.

We could only stay until 4 as we were scheduled to be at Ft. Wilderness for dinner with Karen (Ohiominnie) and family for dinner at 5. On the way out we ran into Angie who was on the 10 day with us. Her and her DH are sailing on the 12/9 Magic Double Dip. Then we ran into Cheryl and Todd who had just gotten there. Saw Angie's DH Dennis and then we were out the door!

Got to the front of Epcot pretty quick and waiting for a monorail. Didn't have to wait too long but long enough. Back to our room to drop things off and then the plan was catch a boat to the Magic Kingdom then another to Ft. Wilderness. Got to the dock and it looked like we had just missed a boat. So I called Karen and informed her we would be late. After that it was a comedy of errors where we just couldn't catch a break. Went to the monorail for the ride to Magic Kingdom. It came fast but then sat. Pulled into Magic Kingdom and saw the boat was already there - we wouldn't make it. So stayed on to the Contemporary. A boat was coming and the skipper announced his boat was going first to Wilderness Lodge, then to the Campground. But another boat just coming on the other side was doing the campground first, then the lodge. Ok so the other boat pulls in, we get on and both boats sit there. Neither captain told us it was a shift change so we wait for the new captains to get on and we are off. Only problem is our new captain is heading for the lodge! We tell him we are supposed to be going to the campground first (since it was not only us that choose this option but there were also other people on the boat who had already been to the lodge) and it was finally straight! We were about 1/2 hour late! :guilty: Luckily Karen's family being as sweet as they are were fine with it. They had gotten seated and just started eating so it was easy to catch up (since it is a buffet). Got to meet Mike's dad and his step-mom.

Dinner over we headed over to MVMCP. On Wednesday you would have hardly known it was Christmas time. The tree wasn't up an there were very few decorations. Well tonight everthing was ready and the park looked great. First up we saw Mary Poppins, Burt, and 3 cute penquins. Nick loves penquins as do we so we get in line. The woman tells us Burt and Mary are leaving in 5 minutes. We ask if the penquins are staying and she says yes. She must have thought we were nuts because we told her that's who we wanted the photo with!

Photo over we head to adventureland. We ride the flying carpets, splash mountain, big thunder, pirates, and the jungle cruise. Every ride switching off partners with whoever the kids wanted to sit with.

By now it is time for the fireworks and Mike finds us a great spot at the hub. Awesome fireworks though I miss that they don't do the 360 ones like they did for hallowwishes. We now find a spot along the parade route and Mike, Mark and KT go in search of cookies and hot cocoa. When they get back I go to get Mark and I t-shirts and the pin from the event and then we all settle in to wait for the 2nd parade.

After a very fun parade we call it a night and head back to our room. We took the ferry to T & T since it holds so many and then just walked back to our room. The beauty of staying close to the Magic Kingdom. So a late night (didn't get to bed until 1 am) but worth it.

We loved spending the night with Karen, Mike, KT and Nick!

Cindy - sorry to hear that Walker isn't feeling well. Here's hoping he gets better in time for his surgery!

Moring All:surfweb: ,

Guess What?? --- DESK DUTY! So I'm Dis'ing today.

Glad to hear more are going to Great Wolf Lodge. Karen and I always wanted to try it but since it would more than likely be in conjuction with a Cedar Point trip (and the $ connected with that trip) we always held off. Just like the Wishes cruise we always wanted to try it - I'm just hoping this time NO CANCELLATION!!

Diana - Thanks for the card. I seem to remember that from somewhere??? :scratchin And I think your importation of the "tea" is a nifty idea. Karen brought the Parrot Bay to Chicago so you guys can swap. :drinking::drinking:

Just to confirm - Julie's family chips are pretty yum!! ::yes::

Well that be all for now mateyspirate:
I be lurkin for the rest of the day - waitin for others to make port (We bought POTC - Dead Man's Chest yesterday - can you tell?)

Mary - sounds like you are having a blast! That is very strange that the tree was not up on Wednesday - were they moving it from the castle to central main street?

Here's a photo of Matt and I in early November with the tree all light up and the decorations already in place

DisneyPhotoImage1.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage4.jpg

cgcw said:
Morning :wave:

Another sick germ has invaded our house. Walker is home with a fever today. Not good since he's suppose to have surgery on Monday. I'll be calling just about all of our medical doctors today -- as he told me his jaw was sore during the night where the abscess was Sunday, his nose is clogged up and his eyes are hurting. I need to talk to the surgeons office to find out if he can still have surgery and at what point and how do I notify them on Sunday night he's not coming if he's still sick on Monday. :confused:

I planned to take the daycare to see Santa today but now it looks like we're going to have to wait until the week before Christmas as there isn't a good day next week to do it. :scared:

The good news............it's Friday party:
Ooohhh, poor Walker!!! Lots of pixie dust that he's better soon!!!!

Sounds like you're having a GREAT time, Mary!!! And, sadly, I just realized today that there's no way that the girls and I can make it on Sunday. I forgot that Emily's church Christmas program is Sunday late afternoon. I don't know where my head has been. Anyway, I'm glad that I at least got to see you in Chicago!!! Have a great time at WDW.

Hi everyone! Just got my room at SSR and hated to leave the GV - most of the family is gone and it was hard to say goodbye but we all decided it would be great to get together that way again!

I have to agree with Mary that there was a nice size of DISers/DVCers at the Merry Mixer yesterday. I even saw some that I have not seen in 5 years and we all remembered each other. That was fun!
I did run into Frank who was the DVC rep who sold me the points I purchased onboard the last Member Cruise and he asked me if I would sailing with them again next year. I did tell him that I was not invited and he had a strange look on his face. Then asked if I had a good time and I told him I had a great time with my friends and left it at that.
Mary mentioned the lines and I must say there was quite a bit of merchandise and the fact that DVC or Disney added a tent over the space this year in case of rain was nice so we could all get together no matter what the weather. Biggest crowd I've seen at a mixer yet!

I'm off to MK for a bit and then over to MGM and over to Jelly Rolls to catch Karen's (TLinden16) party. It's on the chilly side today but I'll survive - LOL!

iluvdisney said:
It's on the chilly side today but I'll survive - LOL!

It's 20 here in NY and it feels like 6 according to weather.com :cold: It has to be warmer there!! :sunny:

Glad everyone at WDW is having a great time!!

Diana Lyn said:
It's 20 here in NY and it feels like 6 according to weather.com :cold: It has to be warmer there!! :sunny:

Glad everyone at WDW is having a great time!!
Ok, it's warmer than 20 today, but it's a chilly day for Florida.

Cindy I hope Walker is feeling better this afternoon. Have you heard from the doctor about his surgery and if his fever will prevent that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter