2007 Tower of Terror 13K & 6.5K WISH Roster

nepatsfan, the truth always works for me but I really sold DW on the Food and WIne festival for her (us;) ) and MNSSHP for DD and DS.

As a side question, does anyone know what happened to the WISH team hat purchase thread - being inept at searching today - because I would really like to represent at this event?

Here you go. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1324865

I know Lynne's been very busy. Not sure what the status is.

Not to take away from Robert's discussion thread, I thought I'd start a WISH Roster thread for the ToT races so we can see who all is participating and where you are staying. I'll think this will be a really fun weekend! Hopefully, we'll see a lot of WISHers at this event. :thumbsup2

aladdinsgirl (Krista), skfulkers (Steve) - 13K - Saratoga Springs (SSR)
Big Vic (Vic and Marilyn) - 13K - POR
cdn gal eeyore (Leana & mom Donna) - 13K - Coronado Springs
Chimera (Mel and Jeff) - 13K - BWV
Dennyha (Denny & DW) - 13K - It's Complicated :laughing: ......

Susie! :lmao: From here on out Denny will be known as the Complicated Man!

Susie, between you and Dave (windwalker) this past week I've been quite a few little chuckles. Thanks guys!

What about the REALLY important question......what are the medals going to look like????

TriMom and Nokraden (Mary Kathryn and Rob) both doing the 13K - I'm so excited, I have my SSR ressies (had to borrow the last of 2008's pts :rolleyes1 ) and this will be Nokraden's first race EVER! - Well he might get a few local 5k & 10k in before Oct. But this is his first race registration! We will have an adults only weekend, and I CANT WAIT!

I am signed up for the TofT event along with my hubby, John. He can not walk 8 miles at a 15 minute pace, so I hope that info is incorrect. Since there were no minimum times listed, could it be we have virtually the entire 4 hours to finish? (not that he'll need that much time!) it sounds more like a fun event then competitive challenge. We are booked at BWV for Fri and Sunday and waitlisted for Thurs. If it doesn't come through, we may stay at the Swan/Dolphin for one night.

Jeanne

Jeanne there are some awesome training plans for walkers on the walking site. Patty who runs the site is a personal trainer with many many years of experience.

I train like a runner with a long walk that gets longer every other week and lots of hill routes. I started working with Erica, who has bad knees and hips so running was a desaster. She can walk 13 min miles for 20 milers.

There is six months to train so 15 min miles are doable. I can post links to racewalking for you to look at.

We are going to do this together and encourage each other the whole way. No WISH team member is gonna get swept.

Dave:hippie:

Thanks, Dave for the encouragement. Hubby does not read these boards but I will have to show him your post. You and I both know that with training, he CAN do it. Unfortunately, there will always be something more important he has to do at any given moment rather than train. Trust me, we've been together 38 years and I know the man. I also know that he will be amazingly proud of himself if he does it. It seems to me, that the jump from a 16 to 15-minute pace is something like a quantum leap for walkers. But as you say, we still have 6 months to prepare. Guess I have a new mission now!

Thanks, Dave for the encouragement. Hubby does not read these boards but I will have to show him your post. You and I both know that with training, he CAN do it. Unfortunately, there will always be something more important he has to do at any given moment rather than train. Trust me, we've been together 38 years and I know the man. I also know that he will be amazingly proud of himself if he does it. It seems to me, that the jump from a 16 to 15-minute pace is something like a quantum leap for walkers. But as you say, we still have 6 months to prepare. Guess I have a new mission now!

When I turned 50, 5 years ago, I had let my fitness go to pot. I was over 200 lbs, my 38 waist pants were cutting me into and I would get winded cleaning my windshield at the gas station. I changed my attitude and turned it around. I was a smoker also.

I started going to the mall when it opened at 7 am and walked a lap, then 2 then finally up to 4 miles 5 times a week. Then started running till I got hurt, then ran for two years hurt and finally gave up the running and took up racewalking.

You just have to make the decision. Let him know we are here to help in any way we can.

Thanks, Dave.......he pretty much fits the description of your former self. I'll let him know that you are doing the Goofy next year, which shows that alot can be accomplished in a short period of time if you set your mind to it.

Thanks, Dave.......he pretty much fits the description of your former self. I'll let him know that you are doing the Goofy next year, which shows that alot can be accomplished in a short period of time if you set your mind to it.

I do it and encourage Erica to walk also so that we can have a lot of healthy, active years ahead of us.

I think it is so cool that even as a senior I can compete in races and hang out with other adult athletes, which are the most positive people ever. I'm so glad I found WISH because it stands for everything I believe in about athletics.....DLF>DNF>DNS. Yea Baby!!!

I've got everyone up to here. :yay:

Jeanne - I started training for the WDW half marathon in Jan., 2007 last October (2006). I started with about a 16.5 min. mile. By the time the half started, I was at about a 14.5 minute mile. I ended up doing the half at slightly less than a 15 minute mile due to the heat.

I really believe John can do this. It will take training, though, and maybe you can wiggle a carrot in front of him to get him started. Give him some incentives. The overall incentive for me was the medal but I had to set short goals. There were times that I wanted to quit. The training was tough. Some of the kind folks on this board kept me going. The medal at the end was sooooooo worth it.

Tell John that we are all rooting for him (and you!) and that we'll see that you both get that medal! :cheer2: :woohoo:

Susie: Thanks for the encouragement.....and congrats on your amazing progress. I notice that you have signed up for the Mickey this year. I'm debating which one to go for, but probably need to make up my mind soon. I have my very first event this weekend - a half-marathon in PA - if that goes well, maybe I'll go for the full in January. I'm inspired by your success!

Hi, Susie! Please add me (Cam) and keenho (Howard) for the 13K. :yay: I talked him into taking a weekend off from grad school to go play with our WISH friends for a weekend!
We are staying at Port Orleans Riverside (someplace totally new for us -- really looking forward to it!)

Hi, Susie! Please add me (Cam) and keenho (Howard) for the 13K. :yay: I talked him into taking a weekend off from grad school to go play with our WISH friends for a weekend!
We are staying at Port Orleans Riverside (someplace totally new for us -- really looking forward to it!)

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Cam is coming Yea Baby:dance3:

:hippie:

Oh, I bet there was A LOT of arm twisting there, Cam.....NOT!!!:lmao: :cool1: :hippie: :cheer2:

The boy needs a little break to play amidst all of the tough stuff he has going. We're so glad you convinced him (AND yourself!!) :goodvibes Anne

Can anyone here tell me if this is a timed race? I didn't see anything on the site about needing to have a 15 minute mile???

TIA!

I haven't officially signed up yet, I am waiting for the DVC application. I made our hotel reservations though. We will be at ASMo. My son (who will be 11 at race time) and I will be doing the 6.5K.

Needed someplace inexpensive being we will just be getting of the ship from the member cruise :)

Can anyone here tell me if this is a timed race? I didn't see anything on the site about needing to have a 15 minute mile???

TIA!

Yep it is a 15 minute mile. I have emailed the event director and called. Both races have a 15 minute mile pace. Another poster here also received an email for a 15 minute mile pace.

Thank you, Dave & Anne! As it gets closer, we'll have to figure out a WISH meet location -- anyone up for a turkey leg at MGM for Saturday lunch? :lmao:
I think I am driving our TA nuts, now, with trying to pack in so many things that weekend. I fear Howard and I will return to town Sunday night completely wiped out. :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter