2010 Trip planners, unite!!!

Its good to see that I am not the only one who is looking at WDW stuff EVERYDAY. This is crazy, I have not been to WDW in 12 years. We are so excited because my DH has never been. WOW!!! My children will be 15, 12, 5, and 3. Yea I know crazy hu. Im sorta mad alittle that a family of 6 has to spen double for a hotel as a family of 4. Can any one let me know any tips for a family of 6 to save some money on site. Maybe a cabin at the campgrounds. Thanks

Its good to see that I am not the only one who is looking at WDW stuff EVERYDAY. This is crazy, I have not been to WDW in 12 years. We are so excited because my DH has never been. WOW!!! My children will be 15, 12, 5, and 3. Yea I know crazy hu. Im sorta mad alittle that a family of 6 has to spen double for a hotel as a family of 4. Can any one let me know any tips for a family of 6 to save some money on site. Maybe a cabin at the campgrounds. Thanks

I always feel like you SHOULD be able to save money through the campgrounds or the family suite or a 1 bedroom villa at DVC, but it really ends up being (slightly) more than the price of just getting 2 rooms - so not really. There are, of course, advantages - slightly more space, kitchen, etc - but it doesn't really save you money.

You may want to look into renting points from a DVC member. Lots of people are renting at ~$10/point right now, which can save you decent money on staying at a more "deluxe" accommodation (animal kingdom lodge, beach club villas, boardwalk villas, bay lake tower at contemporary, etc).

You can also get the dining plan while staying on points at DVC (even if you don't buy park tickets through disney - so you could technically buy your park tickets now, before the price goes up). Keep in mind though that you can't get "free" dining if you stay on rented points and Disney offers the free dining plan. (Not clear if/when they will in 2010 - but they are offering it to the UK so they probably will in some form for US visitors as well)

We have been going to WDW every June for the past four years.

I usually book as soon as Disney opens the dates, in Augst.

My husband said that, after this trip, he's burned out on Disney and doesn't want to go next year!:scared1:

Even though we just got back a few weeks ago, I'm already sad at the thought of not going next year. I would go twice a year if we could!

I suppose at least I have 11 months to change his mind!

After our trip in 2007 DH said, let's wait a while for WDW... then we went in Feb. 2009 and DH said not every year? He wanted a beach with water warm enough to swim in which means Florida! So we were going to just do Vero Beach, but then DS lobbied for WDW and won. DH was still not convinced until we were headed out to visit family & the kids saw the WDW luggage tags from AAA and they went nuts.

It is the first year we will have to book around DS's school schedule so we will be there at the peak of Spring breakers, but I am still excited b/c my birthday is during the trip!!!

Originally, I was going to be at Vero Beach for my birthday, but today I decided I want to be at the Magic Kingdom! I also want to take DS on his first trip on Space Mountain that day! :wizard:

We are looking at CSR, then Vero Beach, and ending with a night at POP before flying home.

I think about my trip everyday. I go to WDW every year and it still excites me!! BUT, this time, we are doing the World and the Disney cruise for the first time--Can't wait!! AND a good friend and her family will also be cruising with us.:banana: We are having a great time planning.

All I have to do is decide which resort to land at after the cruise.

We have been going to WDW every June for the past four years.

I usually book as soon as Disney opens the dates, in Augst.

My husband said that, after this trip, he's burned out on Disney and doesn't want to go next year!:scared1:

Even though we just got back a few weeks ago, I'm already sad at the thought of not going next year. I would go twice a year if we could!

I suppose at least I have 11 months to change his mind!

We just got back from our June/July trip (our first) and I was concerned that my husband would not want to go again next year.

However, I had surprised him when we got there with the Richard Petty Driving Experience (what man doesn't want to drive a race car going 122mph) :woohoo:

He had so much fun that he now wants to go back next year and stay in a Deluxe resort! :cool1:

Our trip this year was in May, we usually go in May and love it - great weather and the lines are brief if you know how to plan it. However this May was brutal in regards to the heat. Don't get us wrong we loved the idea that we didn't see one drop of rain but we weren't expecting the temps to be so warm that time of the year. A few days of low 90's but every day was low to mid 90's and it really didn't cool down until 7:30/8pm at night. We did take advantage of EMH during the evenings but the days we were there regular hours we thought we were melting. LOL

This year because our oldest is attending her first year of a magnet middle school her schedule is different than regular middles schools in our area so we're planning our vacation around her. So I think it looks like April for us. Our youngest will be in Pre-K so her missing school isn't so bad at this point. We'll be there for 2 weeks; one week on property and the next renting a vacation home. We've stayed at CSR for our last two on site stays I'm thinking of trying something different, only I haven't figured it out yet.

But it's nice to know that I'm not alone in planning our 2010 visit.

I sent a preliminary e-mail to AAA (lived in the states when we started traveling to WDW and still use the same TA) to see when she thought it would be best to book as well as my early thoughts...

March 13th-21st
3 nights WDW (POLY or CSR)
4 nights Vero Beach (looked like AAA could book it too!)
1 night WDW (POLY, AKL, or POP)

Rental car for Vero beach option from Disney Transportation Center

Yea!!! :yay:

I was planning on going the holiday weekend in December for my son's 5th bday (day after Christmas!) but when I looked and realized a week later equaled value season I decided to shift our vacation to January 2010.. anyone have any idea when the rates are released??

We have 53 days until we will be back in Disney and yes, I have started planning our Septebmer 2010 vacation! We're looking at 9/10-9/18/2010.

I just got a PIN!!! But, it is for trips before December and we cannot go until March.

Any hope another will find it's way to my in box?

We just got back from our June/July trip (our first) and I was concerned that my husband would not want to go again next year.

However, I had surprised him when we got there with the Richard Petty Driving Experience (what man doesn't want to drive a race car going 122mph) :woohoo:

He had so much fun that he now wants to go back next year and stay in a Deluxe resort! :cool1:

I notice you were there June/July. Did you stay for the 4th? I love going that time of year! What did you think?

Me too in June 2010 (6/24-7/5)! Haven't been over the fourth yet, I know it's going to be a mob scene, but is it worth it?

We are going in Sept. 2010. A couple days after labor day is our plan. Not concerned about free dining. Will have a 10, 6 and 3 year old at that time. Our biggest issue is resort selection. SIGH

We are taking the kids out of school and I am SOOOOO Okay with that! They are too. LOL

We are planning our August 2010 trip and we haven't even left for our August 2009 trip :lmao:

If we get a code or Disney offers a great deal, we may also go in February or March.

We recently decided to go in April during Spring Break. It will be 4 years since we last went. Cannot wait. I love the planning part. Let the fun begin!

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

Hi everyone....We were planning a trip to WDW in January 2010. I rec'd a code that has a discount in December. DS might miss some school right before winter break. Does anyone know if new codes generally come out for January use? This is our first Winter trip to Disney. Is the Christmas season worth seeing enough to change our "plans"?

Any help will be appreciated.......Thanks!! :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter