2013 Dis Exclusive Backstage Magic 12/15 - 12/20/13 SOLD OUT!!!!!

Bought plane tickets today!!!!
Tricky part is that we STILL do not know where we will be living on Dec 14 when we fly to LA. :crazy2:
So we might have to buy more tickets from Philly to Orlando the day before if we haven't moved yet. Living in limbo is driving us nuts!!!

Flying in Saturday morning and staying at the Lowes that first night (ABD add on). One extra night at the end, but we are using DVC points, so we'll have to find our own way back to the airport.

Not sure what we will do before the Adventure starts, but there are lots of good ideas out there. I know the photographer, historian and train buff in John wants to see Union Station, so we'll probably just take the subway there and also see Olvera St while we're there- maybe have dinner there? Nothing too big or strenuous after traveling. Sunday we'll likely just hang out around Hollywood & Vine.

We are bound and determined to make this trip work!! :cool1:
California here we come!!

Union Station looks absolutely beautiful.

I'd love to go see it.

You guys (and anyone) are certainly welcome to join us! :thumbsup2
It's one train from Hollywood & Highland right to Union Station (a bunch of stops, but only about 15-20 minutes long).

Aside from the station itself- Olvera Street is literally right across the street! It is the "birthplace of Los Angeles" and is full of shops and eateries. It would be fun to browse- even if we end up deciding to eat somewhere closer to our hotel.

Our plane lands at 10:15am. So, after we transfer to the hotel, check-in and have some lunch- I suspect we might be heading toward Union Station around 2-ish (give or take)? Back to Hollywood and Highland by dinner time.

If anyone is interested in joining us, let me know.

Okay Folks.....

In two weeks we pass another milestone.

The folks headed to Germany will be done with the ABD chat room.

We will hold two more Germany chats....9/5 and 9/12.

After that....it's yours. You take ownership.

We hold ABD chat on Thursday evenings starting at 8pm ish EST.

I will not be around for the 9/19 or 9/26 chats (in Germany), but you are welcome to use the ABD chat room.

Just make sure you leave it clean, stack the chairs and turn the lights out when you are done. :)

If you are unfamiliar with Chat...just click the link at the top of any page.

Regular Dis Unplugged Chat is on Wednesday at 8pm and ABD is Thursday at 8pm. Dont forget the "ish". ;)

Come and meet your fellow travelers.

Augh! I'll have to leave the chatting to Eric (DEA), as I have a regular rehearsal on Thursday evenings...I will miss getting to chat with folks prior to the trip!

XO
Liz

Wow, you know it's getting real when you get the chat room! Fun!

Have a wonderful time in Germany, Kevin. You have to have some extra fun for me! And maybe one of those pretzels. I've always wondered if the pretzels are really better over there like bagels are better in New York, or if they just taste better because you're in Germany on vacation. Inquiring minds want to know! :goodvibes

Wow, you know it's getting real when you get the chat room! Fun!

Have a wonderful time in Germany, Kevin. You have to have some extra fun for me! And maybe one of those pretzels. I've always wondered if the pretzels are really better over there like bagels are better in New York, or if they just taste better because you're in Germany on vacation. Inquiring minds want to know! :goodvibes

Wish you were going with us!

I'll let you know about the pretzels. :goodvibes

Grrrrr. so we went ahead and purchase airfare on Delta (thanks to Pete's recommendation) and now they are scr*wing us over.

We bought first class tickets each way.
Today- they have changed our return flight and MOVED US TO COACH!!!!! :furious:
John is on the phone with them right now and they are not helping at all. They are offering a $200 refund. (The coach tickets were $500 less than what we paid- each). Or- we can leave Saturday morning and lose our whole extra day of vacation. Or we can fly back Sunday morning "maybe" on an overbooked flight.

So is this the real Delta????
We are so angry right now I don't know what to do. :furious:
Any suggestions?

Grrrrr. so we went ahead and purchase airfare on Delta (thanks to Pete's recommendation) and now they are scr*wing us over.

John is on the phone with them right now and they are not helping at all. They are offering a $200 refund. (The coach tickets were $500 less than what we paid- each). Or- we can leave Saturday morning and lose our whole extra day of vacation. Or we can fly back Sunday morning "maybe" on an overbooked flight.

Any suggestions?

This is terrible news! :eek: We usually fly Delta too. I have no idea what to suggest other than asking for a full refund and going with someone else. I'm sorry I can't be more helpful. Let us know how it works out.

Any suggestions?
Sorry to butt in here, but that is the real Delta. The people actually working on the airplanes are fabulous, but the folks running the scheduling and such in the back offices are sadists. Last time I flew to LA, I had a non-stop flight home that I paid a lot extra for. They just got rid of the non-stop flight for that day, and re-routed me through Atlanta, which added over 6 hours to my trip. And I got *NO* refund for that! That's only one of MANY times Delta has screwed me over.

Sayhello

Here's where we are right now...
We are now flying back on Sunday morning 12/22 and spending Saturday night at the Hilton by LAX (thanks for the link Jeff :thumbsup2). Surprisingly, it wasn't at all expensive for the hotel- so I guess we'll be OK.

The option to stay on our original flight in coach (on a red eye flight) was not a good one. They could not guarantee they could keep the middle seat open, and we could not get a refund of the extra money we spent until AFTER the travel was over- then we'd have to hash it out with the "fare office" which I have no interest in doing. :crazy2:

What we are missing though, is spending Sunday with our son in Orlando. :sad1:

And we also lost any wiggle room we had in case we had to change planes to Philly due to weather. This is all so very complicated it makes my head hurt!! :headache:
We are flying in and out of MCO because we hoped we would have already moved to Orlando by December. But that's not going to happen. So just this morning, I purchased the Phila-MCO airfare. Luckily- we had built in some time to see Nicholas- so the Delta mess only impacts our time with him and not our other flight.

At least we know the Backstage Magic ABD is worth all this hassle!! Time with friends, time in Disneyland. :cloud9: I've got to focus on the good stuff!

Here's where we are right now...
We are now flying back on Sunday morning 12/22 and spending Saturday night at the Hilton by LAX (thanks for the link Jeff :thumbsup2). Surprisingly, it wasn't at all expensive for the hotel- so I guess we'll be OK.

The option to stay on our original flight in coach (on a red eye flight) was not a good one. They could not guarantee they could keep the middle seat open, and we could not get a refund of the extra money we spent until AFTER the travel was over- then we'd have to hash it out with the "fare office" which I have no interest in doing. :crazy2:

What we are missing though, is spending Sunday with our son in Orlando. :sad1:

And we also lost any wiggle room we had in case we had to change planes to Philly due to weather. This is all so very complicated it makes my head hurt!! :headache:
We are flying in and out of MCO because we hoped we would have already moved to Orlando by December. But that's not going to happen. So just this morning, I purchased the Phila-MCO airfare. Luckily- we had built in some time to see Nicholas- so the Delta mess only impacts our time with him and not our other flight.

At least we know the Backstage Magic ABD is worth all this hassle!! Time with friends, time in Disneyland. :cloud9: I've got to focus on the good stuff!

I'm really sorry that you're having these issues.

We flew Delta pretty much exclusively and we havent faced these issues.

Anybody up for Chat tonight?
The ABD chat room is ours as of tonight!! THAT means our trip is NEXT!! :cool1::goodvibes

Totally forgot about chat last night. I'm out of town for my niece's one year old birthday party and dedication at the church. Next week for sure though! :thumbsup2

Totally forgot about chat last night. I'm out of town for my niece's one year old birthday party and dedication at the church. Next week for sure though! :thumbsup2

No problem- it is still early!
I checked in a couple of times, but no one every joined in.

I am a chat newbie- so I guess I was a little "over-excited' to finally be a part of one of these trips. :tigger:

In the meantime- we can all enjoy the reports coming back from Germany and all those lucky travelers!!
Next Thursday everyone!! :wave:

I'm sorry too I really need to set an alarm so I can remember I wanna go and chat plus being on the west coast I gotta make sure im home at 5ish. Last night I wasnt home sorry :)

add me to the list of folks that completely forgot about chat...I'll definitely try to remember next week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter