2013 Dis Exclusive Backstage Magic 12/15 - 12/20/13 SOLD OUT!!!!!

Hi again!

I can't believe this holiday is finally going to arrive!! It seems ages ago since I signed up for the trip and we booked our flights back in January when the sales were on.

I think we're doing the trip differently to most other people. As we're coming in from the UK, we're flying in on the 7th Dec, travelling around for a week (probably San Francisco and back again) and then dropping the car at the airport for the start of the adventure. We're not flying back out until the 24th, so I'm thinking a quick night or two in Vegas at the end.

Are we the only ones coming from outside the US?

PS, I'd like to make chat sometime, but it's 1am for me!

I even wrote myself a post it. I'm hopeless! I might need someone to call me to remind me to get online to chat! :rotfl:

I'm the same way, Lauren! I completely forgot last night. I'm going to need to put a huge note on my computer the night before...

I set a reminder in my calendar- so my phone reminds me. :)
There would be NO WAY I would remember otherwise. :rolleyes2

Okay. I'm missing chat again this week but at least I have a good excuse and I didn't forget! Jeri got done early at work today so we're on the road to the World for the Tower of Terror race weekend. Y'all have a great chat and I'll see ya next Thursday!!!!

Quick question: I've avoided it up until now, but should I watch the trip report from the June trip? It's the only podcast that I haven't listened/watched in years but I'm concerned there would be 'spoilers'.

Did anyone else going watch it?

biozfear said:
Quick question: I've avoided it up until now, but should I watch the trip report from the June trip? It's the only podcast that I haven't listened/watched in years but I'm concerned there would be 'spoilers'.

I am going on the July 2014 trip and was motivated to try it by watching the podcast. They are careful to say what isn't guaranteed and what wasn't guaranteed. I don't think by listening to it reveals any spoilers.

I have watched/listened to every Backstage Magic report since they started. Each one is a fun listen and they are very careful to preserve the "magic" for those of us yet to come.
If you don't want to know anything at all about the trip- don't listen. But I found it fun and informative to know what we would be doing most days, what I might want to be thinking about for our "free time," how much spending money to bring! and more.

My opinion- Listen- it doesn't spoil the fun surprises. :thumbsup2

We try to never spoil the magic for anyone.

We talk about the bones of the trip, but not the details.

As a matter of fact, we ask ABD to not tell us everything.

We like to be surprised as well.:thumbsup2

I was still very surprised on my BSM trip. I never thought I would have Pete walk up to me at Imagineering and say "Holy crap, you are going to die when you see what's in there!" I said the same thing to him. (we had been split into two groups and two different buildings). I have never heard anything on the podcast that would spoil the magic on any ABD trip, including the one we just returned from last week.

:thumbsup2

Was the June trip on the end of July podcast show? I'm really behind listening since all my time is spent working :(.........well, except until this weekend when I leave for my BSM trip!

We try to never spoil the magic for anyone.

We talk about the bones of the trip, but not the details.

As a matter of fact, we ask ABD to not tell us everything.

We like to be surprised as well.:thumbsup2

I thought so, I just wanted to check - I was avoiding it for two reasons, firstly because it was the most recent one and I was trying to 'forget' everything I had heard about the past trips, but also because there was the video - there's a difference between seeing and hearing about it.

I'll probably give it a watch this weekend then. Lisa hasn't really seen much about it, apart the itenary, so it will be good for her to see what we will be getting up to.

Is anyone going to make chat tonight? I'm feeling enthusiastic and may set my alarm tonight to join you!

Nice to meet a few of you the other night in chat. I'm still surprised I made it really! I remember a few of you were asking about Dr Who stamps. Did anyone want me to post you a few -they seem to be on sale still so I'm happy to if people want to PM me.

And to give and update on the podcast that I was 'avoiding'. I did listen to it while I was stuck in the airport last night and it was nice to hear about the tour. There was a maybe a few things I haven't heard about before, but there was nothing that I felt gave away any 'spoilers'.
I then listened to it again with Lisa this morning and she is very excited now.

Nice to meet a few of you the other night in chat. I'm still surprised I made it really! I remember a few of you were asking about Dr Who stamps. Did anyone want me to post you a few -they seem to be on sale still so I'm happy to if people want to PM me.

And to give and update on the podcast that I was 'avoiding'. I did listen to it while I was stuck in the airport last night and it was nice to hear about the tour. There was a maybe a few things I haven't heard about before, but there was nothing that I felt gave away any 'spoilers'.
I then listened to it again with Lisa this morning and she is very excited now.

Stoked that you could make chat too! I have a hard time remembering and it's in my time zone. You having to get up reminds me when I had a friend in Scotland and I used to have to wait up until midnight for him to come online to chat. Good friends are worth it though! We're still good friends.

I think I'm good on Tardis stamps at the moment, but thanks for the offer. Kevin got me the hook up, now we just both have to remember! :lmao:

I'm glad the podcast helped make Linda more excited for the trip. I know how that goes. Usually it's me doing all the planning and I chirp along sharing details, but Jeri usually doesn't lock in until we're on the plane. No, I'm not kidding. ::yes:: Then I have to go through all of our plans again and show him the outline (again), and THEN he finally gets excited. I do put a lot of "remember when I asked you about" "remember what we decided" "remember what I told you, you were happy about it, remember" I also sigh real loud a lot. Luckily the plane trips are longish so we get the domestic stuff out of the way before we have to be civilized in front of other people. And by domestic stuff I mean me eye rolling and him shrugging and then I think I usually say something like "do you NEVER listen when I'm talking" Ahh, 13 years of bliss.*sniff*

Maybe got sidetracked there a bit. Anyway, just wanted to say, glad you made it to the club house! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter