(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I'm right there with ya on this!! What is the point? I for one would be hopping mad if they did this!:sad2:

I think this rumor is very very fat fetched. Again it's just a "rumor" and the cost would be astronomical in times when Disney is trying to "cut back"

Hi grannyminnie, :wave2: We will just miss you again...I'll be at the Grand the second week in May. One of these days our trips will overlap.

Hi WishesQueen
:wave2: Sorry you didn't like the YC, we love it there. I have a YC-GF split in May. I love the Grand best but rarely visit if I'm not staying there.

Tom, Good to hear you finally packed and made it to the airport in time. Love Narcoossees, your dinner looked delicious.

Blueskies, Don't ya just hate when life gets in the way of our fun! I haven't had time to keep up as much as I would like. I'm on vacation next week so hoping to get here more often.

Avery&Todd, I have slept on the day bed, I would say it was the size of the of a twin and found it very comfortable.

Hey Maxie86 - :wave:We liked the YC but didn't love it. I think part of it had to do with all the construction!! I would definitely try it again one day as a split stay, walking into Epcot was AMAZING!!! lol!! All you girls are going ahead of us in May, we'll be there last week of May into the first week of June.

Maybe the carpeting has been updated since then, but I can't remember. From what I have seen of the rooms at the GF now, the Victorian era feel is gone.
It has been we were visiting once while they were replacing it, it was a year or two ago. Kind of cool to watch. Hoping this rumor is just wrong.

We just booked a stay in the main building New Year's Eve - Jan 6. We want to spend the first few days there avoiding crowds. Are there usually things going on the first and second or so at the hotel.

Without going into detail we just returned from a stay in a king deluxe in the main building where we had several issues. Has anyone had a bad stay in a standard room in the main building? Any rooms we should avoid when requesting?

We just booked a stay in the main building New Year's Eve - Jan 6. We want to spend the first few days there avoiding crowds. Are there usually things going on the first and second or so at the hotel.

Without going into detail we just returned from a stay in a king deluxe in the main building where we had several issues. Has anyone had a bad stay in a standard room in the main building? Any rooms we should avoid when requesting?

Curious about the issues you had. We usually book a Queen Deluxe because we're a family of 4 not allowed to book the king with our party size.

We had a standard room on the 4th floor that was just as nice as the deluxe.

Curious about the issues you had. We usually book a Queen Deluxe because we're a family of 4 not allowed to book the king with our party size.

We had a standard room on the 4th floor that was just as nice as the deluxe.

I hate to even go into it because I'm sure I'll get a ton of posters telling me that I should have been happy I was at Disney despite any issues with the room. But since you asked.....

We are also a family of 4 and love the queen deluxe but couldn't get one. Our daughter is 14 months so we could do the king. We booked a king deluxe requesting we not be placed in one of the 2nd floor rooms. We ended up being placed in one which we knew could happen. So that was disappointing but fine. We tried to change but couldn't. We wanted extra space because our daughter won't sleep if she can see us. We knew what we booked though so we accepted the room.

Bottom line the room smelled when we walked in, like it Hadn't been used in awhile. Musty? There were stickers all over the side of the tub which made me think it had not been cleaned. The tub jets looked gross and our 7 year old would not bathe in it. When we got ready for bed we found a dirty napkin and a bunch of crumbs under the covers. I called and was told they would send someone to clean in the morning. Okay. I was annoyed but what could we do? Kids were already asleep. We went to bed.

130am the entire family is woken up to drilling? LOUD Carpet cleaning? This noise was LOUD. We were across from a cast member only room and when we opened our door saw several extension cords running in/out of that open door. We still don't know what it was. We called again and were told they would figure it out. Heard talking in the hall and the noise stopped. Got everyone back to sleep and got back on our bed (we didn't want to sleep under the sheets) and the noise starts again. We called again and the noise stopped for good. It was hard settling our daughter down of course. With a one year old we couldn't risk the noise again. In the morning I called and asked to be switched to any other room not on that hall and we were given a standard main building room on the 4th floor which was great. Disney handled things fairly well while we were there. we have also been contacted since returning and we feel the situation was handled appropriately.

I hate to even go into it because I'm sure I'll get a ton of posters telling me that I should have been happy I was at Disney despite any issues with the room. But since you asked.....

We are also a family of 4 and love the queen deluxe but couldn't get one. Our daughter is 14 months so we could do the king. We booked a king deluxe requesting we not be placed in one of the 2nd floor rooms. We ended up being placed in one which we knew could happen. So that was disappointing but fine. We tried to change but couldn't. We wanted extra space because our daughter won't sleep if she can see us. We knew what we booked though so we accepted the room.

Bottom line the room smelled when we walked in, like it Hadn't been used in awhile. Musty? There were stickers all over the side of the tub which made me think it had not been cleaned. The tub jets looked gross and our 7 year old would not bathe in it. When we got ready for bed we found a dirty napkin and a bunch of crumbs under the covers. I called and was told they would send someone to clean in the morning. Okay. I was annoyed but what could we do? Kids were already asleep. We went to bed.

130am the entire family is woken up to drilling? LOUD Carpet cleaning? This noise was LOUD. We were across from a cast member only room and when we opened our door saw several extension cords running in/out of that open door. We still don't know what it was. We called again and were told they would figure it out. Heard talking in the hall and the noise stopped. Got everyone back to sleep and got back on our bed (we didn't want to sleep under the sheets) and the noise starts again. We called again and the noise stopped for good. It was hard settling our daughter down of course. With a one year old we couldn't risk the noise again. In the morning I called and asked to be switched to any other room not on that hall and we were given a standard main building room on the 4th floor which was great. Disney handled things fairly well while we were there. we have also been contacted since returning and we feel the situation was handled appropriately.

Glad you felt like they handled the situation appropriate. I would be furious especially with the crumbs in the bed not getting changed immediately.

I didn't realize there were 2nd floor rooms. Are they only king deluxe rooms? We usually request 4th floor.

Sorry to hear about the issue, we have had issues here and there and as always they are usually handled very well. I am curious about New Year's Eve week too!!

Glad you felt like they handled the situation appropriate. I would be furious especially with the crumbs in the bed not getting changed immediately.

I didn't realize there were 2nd floor rooms. Are they only king deluxe rooms? We usually request 4th floor.

I wasn't thrilled with the crumbs and not cleaning right away either. In the end I feel as though given everything that happened (not cleaning that night included) they did handle it appropriately. Don't get me wrong I was pissed!

ETA - yes the only rooms on the 2nd floor are king deluxe. I believe there are six of them.

Good morning GF friends. I have been reading about the "rumor" that there is talk of the GF being "gutted" (lobby and rooms) and redone to give it more of a feel like the Four Seasons. I don't know about anyone else, but if I wanted to have the feel of the Four Seasons, I would stay there and not at the GF. I thought the entire point of the GF was the Victorian feel to it. I remember way back when the bedspreads had Tinker Bell and whimsical pillows as well. Loved the feel of that.

The lobby was renovated maybe 8 years ago with all new marble floors and new carpeting. Maybe the carpeting has been updated since then, but I can't remember. From what I have seen of the rooms at the GF now, the Victorian era feel is gone.

I told my DD daughter about this any even she said, "what's the point of that? I thought the GF was supposed to be themed Victorian." I agree with her on this. Sounds like Disney is trying to erase the entire Victorian look. So much for a "theme" for the GF if that is what will happen.

Have a good day my friends.
My first stay at GF was in one of those rooms. Theming everywhere! We loved it! I'm so disappointed in the recent refurb. I would love an over-the-top Victorian refurb to the rooms at this resort. Can you just imagine?! No need to gut the lobby, I don't understand the reasoning in that (maybe the horrid mauve rose and green can go, but don't see any reason necessarily to do this).

I would NEVER have slept in a dirty room. We had this happen at the Poly and insisted they fix it. Sorry you had to deal with these issues.

Can any one tell me what kind of coffee makers are in the standard rooms? I really don't like the little single pod coffee makers and will bring my own if that's all there is.

thanks

Can any one tell me what kind of coffee makers are in the standard rooms? I really don't like the little single pod coffee makers and will bring my own if that's all there is.

thanks

Yes, it's just the Cuisinart single pod coffee maker in the std room.

Good Morning all!!

If your from the East Coast I guess your stuck in the house too!!!:sad2: This weather is definitely making my 100 day countdown seem like a lifetime away!!:cold: My DH had to get into work and I will stress all day about him getting home. Is anyone close to leaving is anyone at my happy place now?:flower:

Good morning. Stuck inside too on the East Coast. Only in my dreams am I close to going to Disney, but that's ok for me! Anything to take my mind off of this snow storm. WishesQueen - how exciting. Only 100 more days. Hopefully it will go by quickly!!

Stay safe my GF friends.

Good Morning all!!

If your from the East Coast I guess your stuck in the house too!!!:sad2: This weather is definitely making my 100 day countdown seem like a lifetime away!!:cold: My DH had to get into work and I will stress all day about him getting home. Is anyone close to leaving is anyone at my happy place now?:flower:
I'm at 38 days for DD's 22nd bday. Yep shoveled with ds19 this morning. Love the NE!

I did not see the Gone Mad Tea Party on the February recreation schedule - does anyone know if they are still doing this? Was hoping to attend next month :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter