(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my gosh....just booked my first trip to GF! It's the only deluxe resort we haven't stayed at, and I never thought we would. But we've had a crappy year, and originally had a cruise booked for spring break. But with all the damage in the Caribbean, we decided to cancel it. So....I'm splurging and staying at the GF! Worried a little though, we love Epcot resorts for all the dinner options, and ability to walk to two parks. But we also want to just relax....will we love it?!?

Oh my gosh....just booked my first trip to GF! It's the only deluxe resort we haven't stayed at, and I never thought we would. But we've had a crappy year, and originally had a cruise booked for spring break. But with all the damage in the Caribbean, we decided to cancel it. So....I'm splurging and staying at the GF! Worried a little though, we love Epcot resorts for all the dinner options, and ability to walk to two parks. But we also want to just relax....will we love it?!?

I'm totally an Epcot guy myself - but I also really enjoy staying at the MK resorts for a change of pace. I like that staying at GF or Poly you can walk between the two (with a lapu lapu or other cocktail!), so you have a number of walking distance dining (and dole whip) options! It's easy to hop the monorail to Magic Kingdom. The evening music in the lobby of GF is really great - you can sit and listen to them for a long time! Enjoy!

Can any recent Sugarloaf guests confirm whether or not bottled water was available in the lounge? Thank you!!!!

The GF is amazing! The rooms are large & spacious, the grounds are beautiful, the pools are nice, and it's convenient getting to the Poly & CR for a variety of great dining options (not to mention all the dining options at the GF itself). Hope you have a great trip. Enjoy the planning :wizard:.

@mrsap I feel bad that I don't have a good picture. We haven't stayed in RPC since March/April 2016 (Easter week) so my info isn't current anyway. This is all I have:

No details, but this is the area where the alcohol was served. During our stay, most of the time we grabbed our own.

RPC 2016 table.png

One of DH's choices:

RPC 2016.png

@GADisneyDad14 was there right before we were - did you happen to get a detailed picture of the "bar"?

@Rachel GB we might see you there? We'll be at GF in 25 days :cloud9: staying in RPC this time!

@TJA , that's awesome!!! 28 days for us!!!! We will be Sugarloaf, although we would have loved to be RPC! Yes, we should have a Disboarder meet up!
We might have to turn this into a party! LOL We’ll be there in 26 Days!!!!!! party:

@mrsap , 28 days for us!!!! Yes, haha, it's a party!!! Are you Sugarloaf or RPC? Disboarder meet up!

@mrsap I feel bad that I don't have a good picture. We haven't stayed in RPC since March/April 2016 (Easter week) so my info isn't current anyway. This is all I have:

No details, but this is the area where the alcohol was served. During our stay, most of the time we grabbed our own.

View attachment 280736

One of DH's choices:

View attachment 280737

@GADisneyDad14 was there right before we were - did you happen to get a detailed picture of the "bar"?

Thanks so much!!!!!! That’s actually my favorite beer, so hopefully it’s still there!!!!!! DH was just asking, so I told him I’d try my best to find out! Not a big deal! Thank you!!!

Just got the email about the pool refurb....our stay is March 31-April7. That's a LONG refurb if its starting in November! It's as if they are building Mine Train! haha

View attachment 280736

One of DH's choices:

View attachment 280737

All of my pics have the alcohol guard front/center, so I feel bad for posting them! :rotfl:

Just got the email about the pool refurb....our stay is March 31-April7. That's a LONG refurb if its starting in November! It's as if they are building Mine Train! haha
Courtyard or Beach Pool? This photo was taken during the last LONG refurb for the Courtyard Pool in 2012-13. It was changed to an zero-entry pool and was out of action for quite some time.
This time, I wonder if there is a problem. You wouldn't think that a regular refurbishment would take months to complete.

Pool Reno 2012.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter