(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be great!! Party keeps getting bigger! LOL :jumping1:

The more the merrier! :goodvibes

We'll be at the GF in 25 days. :) You don't usually get this many Dis board people at one time. :)

Have a great trip! Hope you are able to meet up with the others ;).

I will also be there 12/1-12/6! I may be able to join if it is during that time, but excited to hear about others meeting if not. Haven't posted much on this thread, but have enjoyed learning and we are so excited for our first stay! We will be at VGF.

Hope you enjoy your first GF stay. The resort is amazing with beautiful grounds, nice pools, and great dining options. Hope you get to meet other Disers :wizard:.

We find the daybed very comfy to sleep on. We have slept on the daybeds at the Poly, BWI and YC but not the GF yet. I am sure they are very similar.

All of my family has slept on the day bed at some point; DS 6'4", DD 5'6", DH 6'2 and me 5'6" and had no problems during our stays.

It's been a while, but I remember having an extra blanket and pillow in the closet for the daybed. We like extra pillows and blankets, so we just called Mousekeeping to get more.
The first night we could make the couch into a daybed, Mousekeeping would just leave it as a daybed for us.
I am not sure about how often the sheets are changed on either the bed or the daybed?
Thank you! Sounds like my small child will be fine on it.

You know, I was thinking about you and wondering if we'd cross paths! @trishadono will be there right in between us! Maybe you'll cross with her on the 3rd?
We are flying in December 2nd but staying offsite that night so we are planning on visiting with Trishadono that evening :flower:! I’m sure our paths will cross again sometime. We ended up running into GaDisneyDad at Poly again when we were there for fall break :D!

I am not happy about this GF DIS party without me!!! :sad::sad::sad::sad:

:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes
I called to add AP discount to my February trip this morning and had him check on December discounts while I had him on the phone (of course there were none for December)...someone had evidently cancelled their main building SV CL room for my dates however because it hasn’t even been available at rack rate recently...just a thought:rotfl:...blueskies will be there too!!

General resort question: I have a two queen room Main Building with 5 people sharing for our upcoming stay. My 3 year old will be sleeping on the daybed/sofabed. If you've needed to make use of that a) Is it comfortable? I know a 3 year old would care less than I would, but I still don't want her feeling lousy for 8 nights. b) Does Disney make up the room with the sofabed set up already since I have 5 people and they know I'll need to use it? Or do I have to ask for something special at check in? c)Do they change the sheets on the sofabed just as often as the main beds? Does it have a pillow already?
I am not sure if you have seen the set up at CR/poly/gf? The sofa is easy to do. You just pull the back down towards you. The "back" of the sofa is the bed. The sheets will already be on there and the pillow and blanket in the closet.

As said, get as many extras as needed from mousekeeping.

I like this bed set up because its easy. You can leave as a sofa all day then poof , flip down and the bed is basically ready. It is a decent mattress too.

I am not sure if you have seen the set up at CR/poly/gf? The sofa is easy to do. You just pull the back down towards you. The "back" of the sofa is the bed. The sheets will already be on there and the pillow and blanket in the closet.

As said, get as many extras as needed from mousekeeping.

I like this bed set up because its easy. You can leave as a sofa all day then poof , flip down and the bed is basically ready. It is a decent mattress too.
Thanks!

Just got back from our FIRST stay at GF, and it is now my new fave!! :love:

I had preconceptions that it would be a bit snooty and "top 1%"ish, but just the opposite! EVERYONE including the resort guests were so friendly! And our room was HUGE we felt like Lily Tomlin in that one movie where she's shrinking and all the furniture seemed like it was getting bigger!! So much space! We joked that the TV stand was bigger than our old apartment in NYC! And the room was absolutely beautiful. That bathroom!! Wow!

I thought the Poly was convenient, but the GF was almost stupid convenient. Every time we took the monorail to MK, as soon as we pulled in the station, my wife would say "oh let's take their seats!" or "is our stop the next one?" and we would laugh - this IS our stop! :rotfl2:and LOVE the new bag check at the resort mono stop. So much faster!!

We took the boat to the Poly one night just to poke around, and we ended up having dinner at Kona, as a walk up. Great meal! We walked back to GF and the walk was so beautiful and QUICK. It was like 5 minutes, along the beach, past the wedding chapel, nonstop beauty the whole way!

Watched the fireworks and EWP from the boat dock and we were so close it kinda felt like we were watching fireworks at our local park on the 4th of July. And we could totally hear the whole soundtrack that was being played at MK, no need to be piped in.

Gasparilla's was SO GOOD!!! That ham/brie/chicken sandwich was super tasty and the coconut pot du creme dessert was excellent too! The atmosphere in there was nicer than some TS restaurants!

I still love the Poly and AKL but GF just took the lead! Such a beautiful and relaxing resort that cannot be beat for convenience as well. Already booked a return trip for Feb (had a pin and got a great rate) can't wait to go back!:cloud9:

Allsaintsatx So glad you enjoyed the GF. It truly is a gorgeous place. Sounds like you had an awesome room as well! If you don't mind me asking, what room and building were you in? Did you have a garden or lagoon view? We are going on the 15 th of this month and trying to find a perfect room for us.

Hello. I just tried to do my online checkin. There is an option to enter request 1 and request 2. However, when I click the drop down box to make a selection, there are not options. It just says <select>. Has anyone else experienced this or know if may it is just a temporary system issue?

Thank you in advance!

Hello. I just tried to do my online checkin. There is an option to enter request 1 and request 2. However, when I click the drop down box to make a selection, there are not options. It just says <select>. Has anyone else experienced this or know if may it is just a temporary system issue?

Thank you in advance!

Unfortunately that’s the way it has been for the last few weeks. The whole online check-in room request thing seems to be seriously busted. Best to call in your requests, use Touring Plans, or some other alternative method.

Good luck.

No matter how hard I try to get away I can’t resist coming back. I was originally booked at the Wilderness Lodge, but I really wanted to be on the Monorail line because we do a lot of signiture dining. Then I moved to the Poly, but I let the recent reviews about housekeeping get to me. Then I was finally at the Contemporary, but in the garden wing. Which was totally fine, but then just to humor myself I called to check on the Grand Flordian.

We are now in a theme park view room at the Grand. I seriously don’t know why I bother even trying to book elsewhere. I always come up with some arbitrary reason that hotel won’t work until I end up back at the Flordiaian.

We aren’t doing club level this year. We do the deluxe dining plan and it is just way too much food with the club level lounge. We end up feeling like we didn’t get the full value if either. Next visit I’m starting off booking there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter