2014 anybody?

Sugarglider said:
is it possible that you have chosen the "book now pay later" later that Qantas offers?

I don't think so. I did look at that option at one point and it only gave me something like 48 hours to pay in full. I would have expected if I accidentally chose that option the booking would have disappeared some time ago. Also, they charge $25 for that option, and there's no such charge on my card.

I don't think so. I did look at that option at one point and it only gave me something like 48 hours to pay in full. I would have expected if I accidentally chose that option the booking would have disappeared some time ago. Also, they charge $25 for that option, and there's no such charge on my card.

The not paying bit is fun but without a confirmation email I would be worried...

Good luck with your flights! It sounds like they're locked in, but I would also be worried if I hadn't received a confirmation email or had my credit card charged.

Yeah I know, I've just really wanted to avoid having to call them! Looks like I'm going to have to though...

Not yet. I was going to call while at work *** I'm expecting a long wait time to get through. I didn't get around to it *** I had to actually...well...work lol. Maybe tomorrow.

Edit: the lazy version of 'because' is not allowed here? I'll make more of an effort next time hehe

I'm excited to say our flights from Boston to London via Iceland are booked and now I really believe we are going to Europe this year :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

I'm hoping hubby and I might get to Disneyland for my 30th birthday in August. I'm worried about the crowds though :(
And hopefully a weekend in vegas to see Britney so 2 nights in Vegas and 5 at Disneyland. Just happened to be looking at flights last week and noticed a bit if a sale but unfortunately it's all ended. So I think if the sales come back we will book'

Do you have a pre trip report?? Would love to see your full itinerary:goodvibes

Me and trip reports just don't really happen :rotfl:

This is our itinerary though
Aug 6 fly to Lax straight to Des Moines (speedway)
Aug 11 DH flys home the kids and I stay with our friends a few more days
Aug 15-18 Boston, we haven't been there yet quite excited although we have given up NY for it I hope it's worth it ;)
Aug 18 Fly Boston to Iceland stay 2 nights
Aug 20 fly to London
Aug 20-23 London sightseeing
Aug 23-27 Pairs Disneyland
Aug 27-28 Paris and DH arrives
Aug 29 Barcelona
Aug 30 board the Magic for a 7 night med cruise
Sept 6 stay on board for the transatlantic to San Juan
Sept 20 San Juan to LAX more than likely booking the DL hotel so I can get parcels sent there to take home ;)
Sept 21 Lax-Perth

Believe it or not I am a on a shoestring budget this year I am determined to have 13 days in Europe for less than $5k including our spending money ;)
Plus the 3 days in Boston I am including in that.

Aug 15-18 Boston, we haven't been there yet quite excited although we have given up NY for it I hope it's worth it ;)
Aug 20 fly to London
Aug 29 Barcelona
Sept 20 San Juan to LAX more than likely booking the DL hotel so I can get parcels sent there to take home ;)
Sept 21 Lax-Perth

Believe it or not I am a on a shoestring budget this year I am determined to have 13 days in Europe for less than $5k including our spending money ;)

Wow!! That is all:cool1:

Iceland seems pretty cool place to go, jealous of Barcelona, one of my favourite cities in the world( well considering Spain is my favourite country it would seem logical that Barcelona would be up there:rotfl:)good luck with sticking to your budget, I know the more time you spend researching the more money you save:thumbsup2

Aug 20 fly to London
Aug 29 Barcelona
Sept 21 Lax-Perth

Wow totally jealous! Iceland is right up there on my wishlist :goodvibes And I'd totally rather go to Boston than NY :thumbsup2

Any news fireflyFi??

So I called Qantas this morning. It didn't take as long to get through as I expected. Apparently there was some kind of glitch in the system and my booking got stuck somewhere along the way :badpc: it sounded like it's not unusual when using a voucher (I bought one in December when they had the x10 extra QFF points deal).

The woman on the line contacted their helpdesk and then about half an hour later an email came through with a confirmation...huzzah! :laughing:

Wow!! That is all:cool1:

Iceland seems pretty cool place to go, jealous of Barcelona, one of my favourite cities in the world( well considering Spain is my favourite country it would seem logical that Barcelona would be up there:rotfl:)good luck with sticking to your budget, I know the more time you spend researching the more money you save:thumbsup2
What are the must do's in Barcelona it really doesn't interest me but since we will be there I figure we may as well see some of it ;)

Wow totally jealous! Iceland is right up there on my wishlist :goodvibes And I'd totally rather go to Boston than NY :thumbsup2
We would really love to be there to see the Northern lights but it's not quite the right time if year so we will be praying for an early start to the season, I am really excited to go to Iceland it's not somewhere I thought we would make it to even though it's on the wish list and we will be going back at some point since DH is missing that part :)

WAMUMof4, your plans sound fantastic. So jealous of the back to back cruises. :)

We are in inside cabins the same ones for both, I am freaking about it we have only ever cruised with verandas but as I told the family it's inside cabins or don't go :rotfl2: I'll survive I hope I'm more worried about the inside on the ANZAC 2015 cruise 1 cabin 4 people :eek:

What are the must do's in Barcelona it really doesn't interest me but since we will be there I figure we may as well see some of it ;)

I'm really not a city person and spent my European travels avoiding the cities and visiting all the lovely villages. However, I LOVED Barcelona. It was my favourite European city.

If your time is limited, do one of those hop-on hop-off tours to get a good feel for the city. Everything to do with Gaudi is nothing short of impressive.

However, my favourite building was the slightly harder to find Palau de la Musica Catalana. If things haven't changed since my visit, you have to book to do a tour of this building and can't visit it on your own. It is simply breath-taking - both inside and out. The photos don't do it justice.

The other thing to do in Barcelona is eat. There are plenty of delicious Spanish restaurants to choose from. I remember bowling into a small tapas bar where no one spoke English. My friend spoke enough broken Spanish to say that we'll have whatever the waiters recommend, and what followed was one of the strangest, yet most memorable meals of my life. Let's just say that authentic Catalan tapas are a bit different to touristy tapas.

So I called Qantas this morning. It didn't take as long to get through as I expected. Apparently there was some kind of glitch in the system and my booking got stuck somewhere along the way :badpc: it sounded like it's not unusual when using a voucher (I bought one in December when they had the x10 extra QFF points deal).

The woman on the line contacted their helpdesk and then about half an hour later an email came through with a confirmation...huzzah! :laughing:

Glad to hear it's all worked out :thumbsup2

So I called Qantas this morning. It didn't take as long to get through as I expected. Apparently there was some kind of glitch in the system and my booking got stuck somewhere along the way :badpc: it sounded like it's not unusual when using a voucher (I bought one in December when they had the x10 extra QFF points deal). The woman on the line contacted their helpdesk and then about half an hour later an email came through with a confirmation...huzzah! :laughing:

Glad it's sorted, you must be relieved to know you have a booking!

The bookings continue. I was initially going to book LAX to BOS with my MEL-LAX tickets w/qantas, but you can't book a multi city ticket with a voucher. So that would have meant landing in LAX at 640 and flying out with AA at around 1230, getting in around 2045. A month ago I found Delta flies direct at 940. When I checked prices last night the flight was $300. I checked again tonight and its $180. Not sure if the website is just messing with my head, but that was a price I was happy to pay. Oh, and it gets in at 1809 :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter