2014 Northeast Ohio Memorial (Sun)Day DISmeet - May 25th

Towncrier

DIS Veteran
It's time for our annual Northeast Ohio Memorial (Sun)Day DISmeet at our home in Macedonia. All are invited over at noon on Sunday for burgers, hot dogs, and soft drinks. We'll be grilling all day long, so drop by anytime.

For directions, drop me a PM or send an email to towncrier at gmail dot com.

Hope too see you on Sunday!!!

You've been doing this for about 10-15 years now, haven't you? Have a great time!

I cannot recall exactly when we started, but it has been going on for quite a while. You can "blame" Barry and Nancy (perfectmatch300) for getting the whole thing started. They were visiting NE Ohio and wanted to know if anyone wanted to join them at Geauga Lake to ride the coasters there. We invited them (and, at that time, 50000 DISers) to come over to our house for a picnic. Over the years, the picnic has changed. At one time, we kicked off the event with a trip to Cedar Point. We've had guests from several states make the trek to Ohio. We have watched little children grow up and head off to college or the military. We took a year off the year that our son James graduated from high school, but it seems to have become a tradition for our family to host a picnic on the Sunday before Memorial Day. It's the next best thing to a trip to a Disney park for us.

I cannot recall exactly when we started, but it has been going on for quite a while. You can "blame" Barry and Nancy (perfectmatch300) for getting the whole thing started. They were visiting NE Ohio and wanted to know if anyone wanted to join them at Geauga Lake to ride the coasters there. We invited them (and, at that time, 50000 DISers) to come over to our house for a picnic. Over the years, the picnic has changed. At one time, we kicked off the event with a trip to Cedar Point. We've had guests from several states make the trek to Ohio. We have watched little children grow up and head off to college or the military. We took a year off the year that our son James graduated from high school, but it seems to have become a tradition for our family to host a picnic on the Sunday before Memorial Day. It's the next best thing to a trip to a Disney park for us.

John, Would you believe I ran into Barry & Nancy at Epcot during our visit in April, (on our way to the Herman's Hermits concert)? BTW, we have been meeting at your house, each year, since Memorial week-end 2000! :)

TC :cool1:

Since 2000!!! Wow. Time flies when you're having fun. Thanks for the info. So glad you saw Barry and Nancy at Epcot. It's a small world, after all.

2000? My boys were only 4 and 2 and dd was just a wishful thought. Where has the time gone?!

Well darn if had I looked sooner.... Macedonia is less than 20 minutes from my house. I would have loved to met some local Disney lovers.

Sorry you missed out on the picnic this year. Mark your 2015 calendar for the day before Memorial Day and we'll see you next year.

Yep, it was all our fault! Who knew when we got started that it would still be going all these years later! One of these days we may have to head north to Ohio for a reunion meet.

It was great running into Tuffcookie in Epcot! We do still see people from that first meet in the parks now and then. We really love when that happens! :cool1:

Towncrier, give us a call next time you are here. We know you have a lot to fit in during your WDW trips, but I'm sure we can manage to catch up with you somewhere in the World. :smickey:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter