2015 FREE DINING THREAD _ All Questions HERE!!

That would be me. I was online and on the phone at 6am central time. Waited an hour on hold, got disconnected, online modification would not work even though the dates lined up perfectly. I actually called twice for a total of 3 hours on hold and came up empty handed. Feeling pretty defeated right now and looking forward to a glass of wine when the kids go to bed.
I totally understand and share your frustration

That would be me. I was online and on the phone at 6am central time. Waited an hour on hold, got disconnected, online modification would not work even though the dates lined up perfectly. I actually called twice for a total of 3 hours on hold and came up empty handed. Feeling pretty defeated right now and looking forward to a glass of wine when the kids go to bed.
Don't give up. Keep looking each day to see if something opens up.

Like others have said, don't give up. Look at it like ADR's where you might not get your best day/time with your first res but if you keep checking you can often improve and get closer if not right up to your ideal

I was originally booked at CBR as we were going with or without a discount. I checked the website last night around midnight, but no new offers. I asked a friend who works overnights to stalk the website and she texted me at 3:42CT to let me know it was up! I ran to the laptop to modify - nothing was available at CBR except pirate rooms. POR only had royal rooms available, and I was able to snag a garden view one. My kiddos will be thrilled. Thanks again to everyone - to the people who initially found the dates, to the "regulars" who answered questions time and time again, and to everyone else for just their happy-Disney-positivity pixiedust:

Good Afternoon !
Chaos! Can't get through on the lines, MDE is a mess.

If I book a brand new reservation at Coronado w/ free dining, can I cancel my Pop century UOC promo package?

If so, is there a way to get my ADRs transferred over??

I was able to book CBR for our dates. I had to get a pirate room though. My youngest daughter is excited about it but me, not so much. :(
It seems like a huge up charge to be far away from everything and have double beds. I'm hoping to be able to modify down before our trip. But really, if this is this biggest problem I have I'm doing OH KAY!

this is sooooo tempting! I have a trip booked for January that I have already obsessively been planning because I'm too excited and now this comes out. I am starring at this package online for August and its very hard to resist clicking that check out button

So I finally got in and answered the automated questions, but now it's dead silence... did the phone system glitch or is this normal?

Do NOT hang up!!!! There's something wrong with hold music system. I hung up the first time and it took me another 2 hours to get through again. Then I waited 2 hours on silent hold.

Spent over 2 hours on hold, finally got CM, asked about modifying my existing family suite AOA res and was told they had nothing left - asked about mods, she was looking and then I was disconnected. No one called me back - shocking. Now on hold again after waiting 3.5 hrs to actually get thru. Don't understand why if I already have room why the dining cannot simply be added. Not happy. My guess is that everything is sold out. Someone who already booked should be allowed to add the FD.

Another quick question,
While going through the booking system, Park hopper + Water parks +$26 a ticket... is that discounted too???? That seems VERY cheap for BOTH those options!!

I woke up this morning at 8, saw on here that FD went live, so tried booking online. wasn't able to so me and DH both started dialing from our cell phones.
After about an hour and a half of busy signal, hangup, redial.....we finally got through, went real quick after that. we were only on hold about 10 mins before getting a person.
We weren't able to get the exact dates we wanted (Sept 20-26) without booking at Sports instead of POP, which we didn't want to do, but luckily were able to get POP from Sept 26-Oct 1.
We did have to book a preferred pool room to get it, but she told us likely standard rooms would open up later and we could switch once the free dining frenzy died down.
DH sounds like he wants to keep it though to make sure we're close to classic hall, transportation etc.
We went with waterparks option because we won't use PH at all, and with this one we can do mini golf also which DD loves.

So YAY! we are booked! Cost a bit more than we anticipated because of us having to do a room upgrade and the addition of PH/WP but our trip is booked, and we are so so happy!
Our first time staying on site!

Spent over 2 hours on hold, finally got CM, asked about modifying my existing family suite AOA res and was told they had nothing left - asked about mods, she was looking and then I was disconnected. No one called me back - shocking. Now on hold again after waiting 3.5 hrs to actually get thru. Don't understand why if I already have room why the dining cannot simply be added. Not happy. My guess is that everything is sold out. Someone who already booked should be allowed to add the FD.
Hopefully you can get it. Free dining is offered by the resorts to fill rooms. From their standpoint, your room has already been filled. This is why having an existing reservation gives you no advantage to getting in on a deal.

Disney uses this promo to fill rooms - so if your room is already booked they have no obligation to add free dining. That's the way I'd look at it at least.

before I click "confirm", Why are so many people waiting on hold or trying to get connected if they can book another reservation and then cancel their previous one?

Or why don't people just book right online on the disney website??

Am I missing something??! Remaining in a holding pattern until reply.. lol :bored:

Did any kind of room discounts come out today? I know it's somewhere on here...just can't find it :) TIA!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter