2015 FREE DINING THREAD _ All Questions HERE!!

before I click "confirm", Why are so many people waiting on hold or trying to get connected if they can book another reservation and then cancel their previous one?

Or why don't people just book right online on the disney website??

Am I missing something??! Remaining in a holding pattern until reply.. lol :bored:

I am guessing some people are not having luck on the website or are hoping that there will be more options via calling.

I think some are confused as well that if they have a reservation they can just add free dining regardless of availability.

We had to try a few times, but we were able to book All Star Music for 11 nights!

Now here's the plan : trying to move to Pop Century when it will be available and decide if we upgrade to regular Dining Plan.

Keep trying everybody!

before I click "confirm", Why are so many people waiting on hold or trying to get connected if they can book another reservation and then cancel their previous one?

Am I missing something??! Remaining in a holding pattern until reply.. lol :bored:
The website has been unstable all day. I was finally able to book something a few hours ago. I think traffic on it has died down, but might pick up again because of the after work crowd.

From the Disney website WPF&M passes are also good at the Miniature golf courses before 4pm. Thought this may help people like that pass a little more!

Oh, thank you for that information! I had no idea mini-golf was included, and my kids were really looking forward to trying out Winter Summerland this trip but were having trouble deciding on which course to try. Now we can play through both courses! :)

I work nights, last night I was refreshing for offers obsessively. Once refresh there still were no deals, then about a minute later it was there. I scared my co workers from gasp! I still was unable to get the room that I wanted and I have to believe I was one of the first to see the promo go live this morning. I ended up only having the option to book a preferred room which really bumped up the price...of course. I am happy that I have a place to stay with this promo for sure, but I was really sad when I saw this. I may scale back a day to come back closer to what we were going to pay. I hope everyone can eventually get through the website and the phones, and you all get something that will work for you. I guess I will see the whole world at the world in November!!

Some have existing reservations. Some are hoping for specific resorts and dates. If you have something that you want in front of you with the FD book!

The website has been unstable all day. I was finally able to book something a few hours ago. I think traffic on it has died down, but might pick up again because of the after work crowd.
I am guessing some people are not having luck on the website or are hoping that there will be more options via calling.

I think some are confused as well that if they have a reservation they can just add free dining regardless of availability.

Thank you! I'm at the "Purchase" screen, just doing a couple more comparables, but looks like we're set for Aug 23 at Coronado!! Thanks for the help and information everyone!!!

Last year I waited 3hrs on hold to modify my reservation (I dialed in right at 7:00 am on Disney Visa release day) this year I thought it might be better to go for a new reservation than modify an existing. The theory worked out - I got through immediately this morning (I was shocked especially as I learned it wasn't just DV offer today).
I could be totally wrong but I'm thinking if you already had a reservation number "modification" is prioritized behind that of "new bookings"?

Also have to mention the CM I had (wish I remembered his name but I was so stunned to get him right away) - was fantastic. I was trying to covertly book this trip as I got my kids (all 4 of them ready for the day). I had to steal away from them at times but most was done right in front of them and he caught onto me perfectly.
I was ready to take the time on the survey to give him a glowing review but as I waited for the survey I was cut off! I'm lucky it wasn't before I booked - but felt bad nonetheless and want to find a way to acknowledge this CM.
Do you think an email to guest relations would funnel to him eventually if I referenced my reservation number??

Question for anyone who have used a TA. My TA has not been able to get through to add free dining to our reservation. I understand that I can't change it online, but is there anything I can do? I'm so frustrated right now. I can see online that POP has free dining rooms available for our dates, so I'm not sure what the problem is with the TA getting it changed. Any suggestions?

ugh TA just quoted $4900USD vs what I was quoted on the dis website for $4600USD

why why why why why

if only we owned a credit card, life would be simple

Still waffling over CBR and POR, so I just checked again. Water view and preferred rooms are both still available at CBR and garden view are still available at POR for my dates. CBR would be $200 more. Can't decide if it would be worth it

Question for anyone who have used a TA. My TA has not been able to get through to add free dining to our reservation. I understand that I can't change it online, but is there anything I can do? I'm so frustrated right now. I can see online that POP has free dining rooms available for our dates, so I'm not sure what the problem is with the TA getting it changed. Any suggestions?

Book a new reservation. Your travel agent can fix everything on the back end.

I feel very frustrated right now! I was online before 6AM. I went to modify my ressie, but my standard room at POP was not eligible, neither was a standard pool! I refused to go up 2 room categories! :badpc:

So I planned to call at 7AM, and try to add FD to my current standard room at POP. What a disaster!!! Got all kinds of phone trouble (all circuits busy, cannot connect, busy, etc)! I was trying from both my home phone and cell phone. I got through a couple of times, but got "we are experiencing technical difficulties", and then dead air. Once I got the same, but then a voice said "my approximate wait would be 39 minutes". Finally a glimmer of hope? But I had to leave for work. So I left home with my cell phone "waiting for a human voice". But nothing! I was on "dead air" for 70 minutes before I gave up! :hourglass I tried at least 50 times today at work, but got a busy signal every time! At home now, and it's the "same ole song" playing on the Disney phone radio.

My plan was always to get quick service free dining, and upgrade to regular dining plan. During my morning phone chaos, I decided to snag a room only at POP. Still had to upgrade to standard pool. So I have 2 ressies (12 days/11 nights) currently [room only and original (still hoping to get FD added)]. But when I quickly crunched the numbers, it seemed like I was going to pay about $800 to get "FREE" dining? WHAT??? I might just go with room only? I still need to crunch the dining numbers, as far as what we would eat.

Just feeling quite frustrated!!! And so much for having the "perks" of the Disney VISA card?

Congrats of all those that had success today! party:

You can complete the survey by going to disney surveys.com. Code word DRC.

I am sure the CM would appreciate it! :)

My option to modify is now gone. Does anyone know if I will be able to switch from PH to WP without remaking my reservations. Apologies if this has been asked a million times. I was all caught up until this morning! Now I'm about 40 pages behind :)

That's an easy modification. No rush to make a change. I would let the phones die down a few days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter