• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2015 FREE DINING THREAD _ All Questions HERE!!

I just looked up my dates and wow! A bunch of the higher end properties are available now, including Contemporary for $14,000 :)

What are you dates?
My dates would be January 14-19. What type of discounts do you think would be offered if I cancel my October free dining? I am so bummed but with it being high school football playoffs we can't see missing the game.

What are thoughts of offers in January to make me feel better about canceling our trip in October?

Sharon
Kentucky

I'm on the phone now canceling my two pop rooms Standard view for dates 10/25-10/31 both with free dining options. I'm on hold so I guess we'll see how long it takes for them to hit the system after and update.

Last edited:

I'm on the phone now canceling my two pop rooms Standard view for dates 10/25-10/30 both with free dining options. I'm on hold so I guess we'll see how long it takes for them to hit the system after and update.

I'm on hold too. On the final step of my modification on line but it says there is a problem applying the payment method. first off, no payment is required, 2nd, I even put one in just to see if that would help. so frustrated!

I'm on the phone now canceling my two pop rooms Standard view for dates 10/25-10/31 both with free dining options. I'm on hold so I guess we'll see how long it takes for them to hit the system after and update.
A few pages back it was mentioned that when a room is cancelled it does not pop back as being available for the promotion

I got my room!!!! I'm so happy!! I had settled for a different resort to get free dining but an opening came up for a Woods View at the BC under the late summer deal. Paying a tad more but it's worth it to get my first choice resort. Now I can actually relax!! Feeling the magic!! :banana:

I know but, you have to spend at least $50 to save a whole $5. Seems useless to me. Although like you said it will work for some others.
Well, I think Boma is one of the restaurants and I know I'm spending that on two meals. I believe I paid almost $ 50.00 for a sweatshirt I bought two years ago. Hey, it's not a lot, but it helps. And, I have $ 400.00 to spend in rewards from the card, so I'm not complaining. Let the Magic Happen!

I got my room!!!! I'm so happy!! I had settled for a different resort to get free dining but an opening came up for a Woods View at the BC under the late summer deal. Paying a tad more but it's worth it to get my first choice resort. Now I can actually relax!! Feeling the magic!! :banana:
Hooray for you! Happiness Abounds!

What is the problem with their computers? I tried to modify the ressies from POP to Port orleans and it kept saying error on the payment area..(i don't owe anything since i already paid the 200.00 deposit) I made the POP reservations the day free dining was announced. I kept trying to get Port Orlean Riverside to no avial until this morning...but it was giving me problems. I didn't want to risk not to grab it so i made a new reservation. I just called the WDW reservation to cancle the POP package and they tell me the computers are down. Also, i grabbed a standard view and when i check the reservations, it changed to Garden view...what up with that? So i am now i am paying little more for it. I hope i can get the standard back. Seriously, Disney needs to get it together with the reservations software.
I can't even get into my MDE tonight, it just keeps going to the Main Page, over and over again! We have broken the system!

My dates would be January 14-19. What type of discounts do you think would be offered if I cancel my October free dining? I am so bummed but with it being high school football playoffs we can't see missing the game.

What are thoughts of offers in January to make me feel better about canceling our trip in October?

Sharon
Kentucky

We went the last week of January and had the Stay, play and dine discount in 2014. Not as good as free dining but it was pretty good. Definitely less crowded then we'd ever seen it. It was also 47 degrees (polar vortex winter) and raining for 2 days and that was too much for even this WI girl to have fun at the parks. If I was sure we could have swim days for my pool loving son I would go again in Jan.!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter