2017 Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend

OK I actually like that. How did you attach it?

(while I sit here continuing to check if the Altras hurt like the Merrells did, and as I cough, hubby and son are doing the yardwork so we can fill the yardwaste bins for tomorrow. we are still pulling out IVY and cutting away a half-knocked-down juniper bush etc. As much as I love doing those things, it's nice to not have to today. :))

I used a dremel to drill tiny holes in the top and bottom and glued in eye-hooks.

I hope you can shake the cough!

I knew about the renovations at CSR. I was bumped from Beach Club to the Grand Floridian due to renovations at the Yacht Club. I was wondering about POR....maybe I'll go lurk on the Resorts board and see what's up!
I was wondering what was up with POR too. I'm hoping it was just a weird computer glitch and there isn't anything wrong w/ the resort. I'm happy for the upgrade to the Poly, but we've kinda adopted POR as our "Disney home."

View attachment 219853

This is the view from my treadmill today. Last long run complete!

ETA: We are supposed to be getting 18"-24" more snow tonight. I'm not going to have any view at all!

Yikes! I'm not missing that weather. My MIL lives in Maine. This is the first time in the 18 years that I've known her to hear her complain about the cold and snow. She just turned 78yo and I think it's just getting too hard for them. They literally live in a tiny cabin in the middle of nowhere and closest family is 90 minutes away.

I missed my 14 mile this weekend. We are in the process of relocating from south to central FL and have been house shopping. I was supposed to go home today with the kids while my DH stayed on for a work thing in Orlando. We found a house and I need to stick around to submit our offer and do some stuff with the lender. I hope we get the place. Hopefully I can squeeze a run in tomorrow morning.

So I'm freaking out right now.

Two weeks ago I ran 10 miles and felt OK; it was hard, but I made it to the end and was feeling pretty good. Today I was supposed to do 12 miles and I absolutely could not do it. I woke up with a migraine and couldn't stomach breakfast, but figured I'd go anyway. Well, I got less than five miles in before having to walk because I thought my head was going to explode. I felt so nauseous the whole way, and completely ran out of energy at about eight miles. I stumbled home, threw up, went back to bed for two hours and woke up with no more migraine but feeling incredibly nervous. This was my last chance for a long run and I couldn't do it! I know it was because of the migraine and I have everything crossed that won't happen race day, but I'm more concerned that my longest run will now be three miles short of race distance.

I need honest opinions about how hard I'm going to find this now. At the end of my 10 miles I think I could have done another three without too much trouble, but now I'm second guessing that.

Did my longest run ever today, and my last long run before Princess weekend! As I was planning my route, I realized I could do something fun with it, so I made a half eaten Dole Whip. Feeling ready for all three races!

dolewhip11mi.png

KateP85 you will be just fine. It's the short runs the two weeks before that I always regret laying off on. I have found anything over 9 miles to be a great set up for the race and the atmosphere will take care for the rest. I missed my 12 miler this weekend (very sweet, yet clingy 6.5 month old). I figure he is just helping me save my legs.

Two weeks ago I ran 10 miles and felt OK; it was hard, but I made it to the end and was feeling pretty good. Today I was supposed to do 12 miles and I absolutely could not do it. I woke up with a migraine and couldn't stomach breakfast, but figured I'd go anyway. Well, I got less than five miles in before having to walk because I thought my head was going to explode. I felt so nauseous the whole way, and completely ran out of energy at about eight miles. I stumbled home, threw up, went back to bed for two hours and woke up with no more migraine but feeling incredibly nervous. This was my last chance for a long run and I couldn't do it! I know it was because of the migraine and I have everything crossed that won't happen race day, but I'm more concerned that my longest run will now be three miles short of race distance.

I need honest opinions about how hard I'm going to find this now. At the end of my 10 miles I think I could have done another three without too much trouble, but now I'm second guessing that.

You will be fine. It will still be hard- but that's because a half marathon is a major undertaking anyway, not because you missed one long run. There are training plans that never call for more than 10. Some people really thrive on those plans because they're less worn down when they race their half.

The best thing you can do now is just take care of yourself. Enjoy your taper. You're prepared.

I'm sorry you had such an awful time today. You'll do fine at the race!

I got a stress fracture before my first half marathon and had to take three weeks off completely from running during the month before the race. The farthest I had run in training was 9 miles. The week before the race I did a 3 mile run and a 5 mile run, that was it for the whole month before the race. I finished. The last couple of miles were tough and I had to take some walk breaks, but I finished and you will too!

You have done all you can do at this point. My best advice is to listen to your body. If you need to take walk breaks, walk completely, or stop at any point, do it. I got sick a lot and was battling an injury leading into the 2015 Princess, so my training was not what it needed to be. The 5K was okay, I was sore in the 10K, and by midway through the half, I was in a lot of pain. I didn't stop, I didn't slow down, and I didn't walk more. I just kept pushing through. I'm still paying for it. I'm not saying that will necessarily happen to you, but if it does, please do what is best for your body.

I think you'll do awesome! Does it suck you weren't able to complete that last long run? Yes! But what about all the miles before it and the ones between now and the race? You got this! Stop second guessing yourself. :cutie::flower1::flower::lovestruc

Does any know/remember if they sell any kids race merch at the expo (other than the ears hat)? My bestie's little 2 year old will be running this year and she was asking what they have for the kids, but I don't remember from last year since I was only looking at half merch.

Also, the morning of the half last year we saw a bunch of people with mylar blankets before the race started. Where can you get those? My friend is running the 5k with me and she is 20 weeks pregnant. She is a little worried about being cold while waiting in the corrals, so I was wondering if I could grab a blanket for her.

TIA!

Does any know/remember if they sell any kids race merch at the expo (other than the ears hat)? My bestie's little 2 year old will be running this year and she was asking what they have for the kids, but I don't remember from last year since I was only looking at half merch.

Also, the morning of the half last year we saw a bunch of people with mylar blankets before the race started. Where can you get those? My friend is running the 5k with me and she is 20 weeks pregnant. She is a little worried about being cold while waiting in the corrals, so I was wondering if I could grab a blanket for her.

TIA!
I think they have some kids stuff but I only remember a couple of t-shirts: "my favorite Disney Princess is my mom" and "future runDisney runner" or something like that.

Mylars can be bought on Amazon! Or you can head to Goodwill and get some cheap-o sweats/a bathroom/a blanket to cover up with. :)

TIA!
No kids race merchandise that I have ever found besides ear hats and the inculded kids race shirt. Not even any kids sizes for the 5K. If they let kids run the 5K (like my DD6), I don't know why there isn't a few kids options. My DD6 usually picks out a pin and a headband. This year there was a plush Mickey for the race that she picked out and put her pin on.

Most people bring the mylar blankets from the race the day before. No where that I have found to get them before the races. We now fold up some to bring home for the first race we do.

You can buy mylar blankets. If you are thinking of the ones with "runDisney"on them, then they are handed out at the end of some races. And they will probably announce this, but make sure you DO NOT have it covering your bib with the tracking tab at race start as the mylar blocks the connection.

And they will probably announce this, but make sure you DO NOT have it covering your bib with the tracking tab at race start as the mylar blocks the connection.

Yep. They definitely made an annoucenemtn before Star Wars. And people still crossed with them wrapped around their bodies...

The cold is lifting, I returned the 3 Merrells that didn't work, oh and my mother in law (that I do most of the caregiving for) called 911 on Saturday "so I can die at the hospital instead of Robert finding me at home", went to the ER, was saved and kept there from Saturday until today. So THAT was fun LOL. And we've now had conversations about how *wanting* to die at the ER isn't really that fair to ER employees, because they will generally want to try to save you, not just leave you in a hallway. (she is incredibly illogical...)

Fun fun fun.

Can I go for a jog yet? (asking my lungs, LOL)

@bumbershoot -- that's tough, sounds like an emotional rollercoaster. Your MIL sounds just like my Grandmother, who passed away last week actually.

Glad your cold is lifting -- I think mine might be? It's mainly a cough, and I've been drinking tea with honey like its my job.

I am usually WAY more on top of packing for Disney trips (like have daily outfits planned for the girls, etc), and I feel so behind. I love packing for trips, so not sure why I am having such trouble this time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter