2017 DISNEYLAND RESORT HALLOWEEN TIME / MICKEY'S HALLOWEEN PARTY THREAD!

wowza!! prices really went up this year. And only 2 nights a week this time. Wasn't there 3 last year? We've gone the last 6 years, so fun!
Yes it was. You are right about the prices they went way up this year. I hope that dosen't happen next year.

Last edited:
I'm SO excited! I just ordered part of my costume for the party this morning and it has already shipped. I can not wait until it gets here and I have everything together!:hmghost:

I recall seeing Roger Rabbit and Gadget's Go Coaster both running during the pre-party. Yes, the pre-party ran for two hours last year and started one hour before the party (e.g., from 6:00 to 8:00 pm on a night when the party started at 7:00 pm).

Last year Roger Rabbit was open, but Gadget was not. There were treat trails blocking the entrance to that queue. But I loved the treat trail thru Mickey and Minnie's houses!

One thing I'd recommend, when you enter Toontown, go direct to the back area. So many people will just start to line up in the trail by Roger Rabbit that the rest will be empty! Also characters won't be as busy!

Am I the only one wondering if the pre-party will be in DCA this year?

I honestly wonder if the pre-party is cancelled entirely. They are opening up DCA too, so must imagine lots of people with just party tickets will want to go there first, then over to DL. May not open Toontown at all!

Last year Roger Rabbit was open, but Gadget was not. There were treat trails blocking the entrance to that queue. But I loved the treat trail thru Mickey and Minnie's houses
It must have two years ago then that I saw it...I know my friends rode it one year during the pre-party. Good to know...thanks!

I honestly wonder if the pre-party is cancelled entirely.
And knowing Disneyland, we probably won't know until after the first party happens! :rotfl:

The Parks Blog just announced a HalloweenTime activity for GotG: MB...

Wow, wow, wowza! :thumbsup2 I was already looking forward to being able to experience all the Halloween goodies after a long hiatus from being at the parks during Halloweentime, but this announcement just put it over the top. I really, really liked GotG and I can't wait to see the evening overlay! I'm glad it will be the original during the day since my older daughter hasn't been on it yet.

The Parks Blog just announced a HalloweenTime activity for GotG: MB...I admit, I'm not sure what it is...
Help #SaveGroot at Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark During Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort

Disneyland News has also published some info about the new GotG offering.
Halloween at Disney California Adventure Park Brings Monster Mayhem to New Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark

Was just coming to post this!
So do we think a RSR announcement is still to come?

Last year Roger Rabbit was open, but Gadget was not. There were treat trails blocking the entrance to that queue. But I loved the treat trail thru Mickey and Minnie's houses!
It must have been different on different nights, because I rode Gadget during the pre-party last year. It was walk on, so I suspect a lot of people thought it was closed.

Has there been an announcement on any special food items yet?
Not yet for Disneyland. They announced the specialty items for MK's MNSSHP, but that's because the first party is tonight (it's hard to believe that they've already started the parties...in August!). My guess is that DLR won't announce their specialty food items for HalloweenTime and/or MHP until sometime in early September.

I'm in the group of "when the heck are the going to release the October schedule" :furious:

I did order something to wear for MHP ... hopefully it'll fit and work out. If it looks like it will I'll post more about it.

Made a late lunch reservation for the day we get in (October 21). We arrive at SNA at 2:16, plan to Uber/Lyft to our hotel, and made a 3:40 reservation at Cafe Orleans.

Just waiting for the schedule to come out to make a reservation for Carthay Circle WOC lunch, and plan some more what to do after "lunch"/4:30 p.m. on Saturday (projected crowds of 9/10) and Sunday (7/10).

Same!! I just want to get the WOC DP booked! I check it everyday!

I'm super excited about GotG!!! I LOVE that movie!! I'm excited to hear about what characters will be available for M&G - I'm kind of disappointed with the ones appearing at WDW. Granted, last time we went was in 2013, so we could meet all the villains and nothing will compare to that! Will we know characters before the first party? I am only going to one and not sure when or if we will ever make it back for Halloween, so I need to prioritize! :)

My guess is we really won't know much until after the first party, but keep an eye on the Parks Blog for any announcements that might be made leading up to the parties. The Villains are usually the most popular and, assuming things stay the same this year, they meet as a set of three near the Main Street Train Station (it's usually two face characters and one "head" character). You get in one line and then meet all three (one at a time). The set rotates throughout the night and I don't know if you can wait for a set you want if you get to the front of the line and the character you want isn't there.

The least "popular" tend to be the characters that are also out during the day (e.g., Star Wars Launch Bay). So I would prioritize based on whether you can meet them during the day or not. It's also worth noting that, historically, the characters may appear in different outfits at the party than during the day.

Are you going to the first party? If you are, you can usually get the guide map when you pick-up your wristband (so three hours before the party starts). The guide usually lists the characters (or at least the theme, e.g., Disney Pirate Pals) so you can kind of try to gauge who to prioritize.

It's so hard to get on Guardians in the evenings already. I don't know what the wait times will be like for the Halloween overlay, but I have a feeling that I won't be patient enough to wait for it.
The best thing to do would be to watch FP distribution times like a hawk.

My guess is we really won't know much until after the first party, but keep an eye on the Parks Blog for any announcements that might be made leading up to the parties. The Villains are usually the most popular and, assuming things stay the same this year, they meet as a set of three near the Main Street Train Station (it's usually two face characters and one "head" character). You get in one line and then meet all three (one at a time). The set rotates throughout the night and I don't know if you can wait for a set you want if you get to the front of the line and the character you want isn't there.

The least "popular" tend to be the characters that are also out during the day (e.g., Star Wars Launch Bay). So I would prioritize based on whether you can meet them during the day or not. It's also worth noting that, historically, the characters may appear in different outfits at the party than during the day.

Are you going to the first party? If you are, you can usually get the guide map when you pick-up your wristband (so three hours before the party starts). The guide usually lists the characters (or at least the theme, e.g., Disney Pirate Pals) so you can kind of try to gauge who to prioritize.

Nope, we are going 10/10, so we will have some time to read reviews and posts! I can't wait to see what's different here vs. WDW! I wonder which we will end up liking better! So far, without taking parties into account, if I weigh both parks based on characters, DLR wins hands down!

Does Jack Skellington meet during the day outside of party times typically?

Yep we had great pictures of him in front of HM, this was in '13 or '14. My DS wanted pictures with him but not Sally who was closer to the water and not together. The lines could be really long for both of then. We lucked out and saw him accidentally on the way to HM when he was first arriving so there was no line.

Is a head character like a costume face? Will the characters be roughly the same at all the parties? There are two I think before we go so will reports of those be about the same as ours?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter