2017 DISNEYLAND RESORT HALLOWEEN TIME / MICKEY'S HALLOWEEN PARTY THREAD!

Oh god, seems when we got rid of the carrot sticks and apple slices we missed one pack in our 2 massive bags of candy *vomit*
Thank god NZ customs didn’t find it otherwise that would have been an instant $500 fine!

I've seen the Blog Posting about the special Photopass Magic Shot opportunities in DCA, but I did come across a couple of HalloweenTime Magic Shots in Disneyland as well. There were three that I got: the poison apple cauldron, the Headless Horseman and the Grim Grinning Ghosts. I found all three at MHP, so I don't know if they're readily available during the day. I think the Headless Horseman and Grim Grinning Ghosts require it to be nighttime. I found both of those over in Adventureland, by Tarzan's Tree House.
View attachment 275102
View attachment 275103

I’m gutted to see this. We asked every photographer we came across both during the day and at the party and the only magic shots they had were Tink in your hands, holding the Mickey balloons and the poison apple over the cauldron.
I would have love love loved the Oogie Boogie one.

I did notice too that new Halloween time merchandise has been released (like the HH straw) and that decorations were being added during our time there (between the 15th and the 23rd)
I do think that if Halloweentime starts on the 15th that they should be ready to go....

I just ask every Photopass Photographer that I see if they have any Magic Shots. I just lucked out that the fellow by Tarzan's Treehouse happened to have both the Headless Horseman and the Ghosts. I got the Apple by the Villains M&G during MHP (it was a roaming PP in the area). I don't know if they're in a set location or if it's random. So, just ask every PP Photographer you see and hopefully you'll find the one that has these shots. Good luck!

Ok thanks, I'll give it a go!

Oh god, seems when we got rid of the carrot sticks and apple slices we missed one pack in our 2 massive bags of candy *vomit*
Thank god NZ customs didn’t find it otherwise that would have been an instant $500 fine!

Holy smokes! $500?

We were just talking about this. I don't understand why they hand out apples and carrots? Yeah - healthy treats and all that is good, but unless you pop them in the fridge or get them eaten within a couple hours, they turn mushy and gross. The Halloween party lasts 6 hours, plus the amount of time people need to get home. It's almost a waste.

Disney management would probably agree with you, but they cannot control if shipments arrive late.

No but they can can control when they have released the magic shots.

Holy smokes! $500?

We were just talking about this. I don't understand why they hand out apples and carrots? Yeah - healthy treats and all that is good, but unless you pop them in the fridge or get them eaten within a couple hours, they turn mushy and gross. The Halloween party lasts 6 hours, plus the amount of time people need to get home. It's almost a waste.

Yup a $500 instant fine coming into NZ if you don’t declare.
We ended up with way to much and had to throw lots of it out, it did save us buying any other food the next day though.

our plan is to eat the healthy stuff as we get it. helps hydrate and all in between the candy we'll be consuming and walking/dancing we'll be doing - agreed by the time you get back to the hotel (assuming you have a fridge) it's on it's way to going bad and too much trouble to deal with getting ice and saving for the next day.

This might be a silly question, but do the trick or treat lines close before the party ends or can you get candy up until the end? I want to get some candy, but don't want to lug it on all the rides, so I plan to get it after we ride.

our plan is to eat the healthy stuff as we get it. helps hydrate and all in between the candy we'll be consuming and walking/dancing we'll be doing - agreed by the time you get back to the hotel (assuming you have a fridge) it's on it's way to going bad and too much trouble to deal with getting ice and saving for the next day.

We ate lots on the night, enough that the only food we bought during the party was a pretzel (to feel like we had given the kids some dinner) but there is a healthy stand in every trail sometimes 2 and it was more than we could manage anyway

This might be a silly question, but do the trick or treat lines close before the party ends or can you get candy up until the end? I want to get some candy, but don't want to lug it on all the rides, so I plan to get it after we ride.

There was candy until the end of the night, but they are packed up as soon as the party finish time hits.

We went we to last nights party and had a blast.
We say tons of Oogie Boogie pop corn pails at DCA with no lines.
We got 4 headless horseman glow straws in Bugs Land
Got a magic shot with Zero in front of the headless horseman statue.

They had no Halloween totes!!! I have been collecting Halloween totes every year for a long time. I was so bummed.

We went we to last nights party and had a blast.
We say tons of Oogie Boogie pop corn pails at DCA with no lines.
We got 4 headless horseman glow straws in Bugs Land
Got a magic shot with Zero in front of the headless horseman statue.

They had no Halloween totes!!! I have been collecting Halloween totes every year for a long time. I was so bummed.

OMG WHERE IN DCA DID YOU SEE THE OOGIE BOOGIE PAILS????

Oh no! I will be so bummed if they are out of Halloween totes. I almost ordered a couple for my kids through the store but wanted ones that said Disneyland on them. Has anyone else seen them lately?

They run out of the Halloween totes every year. We got one our first year and the last two years no luck. Getawaytoday was nice enough to ship me two of them for our Halloween trip. We always go to the Halloween party on the 3rd Friday in October as it works best with my work schedule so, they are out of all kinds of stuff by the time we get there.

Bummer :(. I should have had someone pick up a couple extras and ship them to me. Guess I either buy a Disneyworld one or find something else for them.:scratchin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter