2018 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 30 to November 12, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
No what's ridiculous is that we keep throwing money at them allowing them to get away with this.

Why should they bother to improve, they get the $$ either way.
Point taken that they have no incentive to do better. Unless they might want to live their values of stellar customer service. There’s that.

Link does not work.

I think you have to work your way through the Disney system to get the info for some reason you can't link directly

Oh and skip the transportation. It took longer than walking! :)
You can cut and past it and it works. For some reason Disboards is linked with Vigilink which is why we cant access directly

Anyone else notice that the special F&W giftcard this year is $250 with a Lanyard and medallion. Last year it was $200 from what I have been reading

Missed going in 2017. Looking forward to the new food offerings; Charred Chimichurri Skirt Steak, New Brunswick Slider, and the Butternut Squash Ravioli. ALL YUMMY!:dancer:
SO EXCITED for our October F&W trip!:thumbsup2:woohoo:

Anyone else notice that the special F&W giftcard this year is $250 with a Lanyard and medallion. Last year it was $200 from what I have been reading
It will be easy to spend that amount & more during my 2 week trip. Last year I bought the $200 lanyard. Then I purchased 2 of the tasting samplers with the gift card which left me around $50-60 on the gift card. It was gone in less than 2 days. I only used my sampler coupons on the pricier drinks so it was worth it.

Disney Food Blog has just confirmed that Disney Vacation Club members also can book on Tuesday. They are assuming AP as well, but have not confirmed.

Although, I'm not sure what exactly we'll all be booking. The special events info is pretty non-existent at this point.

Maybe this is the new plan. They were tired of all of us calling in and having more info than the CMs manning the phone lines, so they're not giving us any information either.

LOL, Thanks for literally making me laugh out loud. I want to PLAN, and this is making me crazy. Just like every previous year. My husband and I went to the Italian Food and Wine Pairing Luncheon last year and it was wonderful. Better than the French lunch last year. I can't wait to book it for this year.

No PFTS scheduled during my 10/23 - 11/2 trip but I've already got my Swolphin Classic tix for 10/26. Nothing really jumping out at me this year as far as events go. I've enjoyed the Parisian Breakfast a few times, but we're trying the Cali Brunch this year. Still looking forward to grazing the booths as that usually becomes a multi-day highlight

Disney Food Blog is confirming that Disney Vacation Club Members, Walt Disney World Annual Passholders, Tables in Wonderland Members, or Golden Oak residents can start booking F & W events on June 12, 2018.

This is the first year I will be at WDW during Food & Wine - excited! I am interested (among other things!) in the Parisian Breakfast. Am I missing it on the Disney site? Or have they not announced they'll be having it again this year?

It will be easy to spend that amount & more during my 2 week trip. Last year I bought the $200 lanyard. Then I purchased 2 of the tasting samplers with the gift card which left me around $50-60 on the gift card. It was gone in less than 2 days. I only used my sampler coupons on the pricier drinks so it was worth it.
I am only one person tho. LOL I don't need to eat that much in food. But I believe you can use it anywhere they take gift cards right?

This is the first year I will be at WDW during Food & Wine - excited! I am interested (among other things!) in the Parisian Breakfast. Am I missing it on the Disney site? Or have they not announced they'll be having it again this year?

I've read that they will be having it again this year, but currently it's in a 'TBD' state. If it remains similar to how it's been in past years I'd highly recommend. I've attended a few times and always enjoyed it. Note that they do combine smaller parties so you could be sharing a table ... I've had a great experience each year with our table mates and even saw some of them at other events like PFTS

Like previous years, expect mass confusion as the info may not be available until just before the booking window opens

I am only one person tho. LOL I don't need to eat that much in food. But I believe you can use it anywhere they take gift cards right?
Yes, the gift card can be used almost anywhere at Disney. The only places that might not accept the gift card are the Disney Spring restaurants.

I’ve used gift cards to pay off room charges, but you have to do it before the charges are applied to your credit card.

I've read that they will be having it again this year, but currently it's in a 'TBD' state. If it remains similar to how it's been in past years I'd highly recommend. I've attended a few times and always enjoyed it. Note that they do combine smaller parties so you could be sharing a table ... I've had a great experience each year with our table mates and even saw some of them at other events like PFTS

Like previous years, expect mass confusion as the info may not be available until just before the booking window opens

Thank you! Paris is my favorite city, so hoping to feel transported via Epcot! :) My Mom is a celiac, so hopefully at least good mimosa's for her & I can eat enough for the two of us. We'll be prepared to share a table - appreciate the insight!

Did anyone see any details about the PFTS reserved seating being shared tables like the Guaranted seating last year or it being private tables like the Reserved seating last year?

What is the Parisian Breakfast? DH and I are going October 23-30 for the first time and I'm not sure if I should be booking something special for F&W or not. We already have 2 MNSSHP booked and a MNSSHP dessert party (that we might cancel).

Here is a DFB review of it. That and a Mix it, Make it class are what I plan to do
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013/...ew-parisian-breakfast-at-les-chefs-de-france/
The Parisian Breakfast just looks okay to me. We are planning on eating there for dinner one night anyway so we may skip that. I'm thinking we might just not do any special events and instead just enjoy the booths. I will say that the Mix It, Make it looks fun.

What are the lanyards for the booths?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter