2018 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 30 to November 12, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also want to do the Parisian breakfast and i plan to do a Mix it Make it also on spices. Hope they will load the Parisian breakfast soon - been exploring the Disney website and its not showing up

The culinary demonstrations have been reduced to one per day this year. They were reduced to two per day last year.

There's also been a reduction again this year on the number of beverage seminars. Only one scheduled on Sundays and also on some Saturdays.

I know some people may like them - but I found the Mix It Make It Take Its to be a real waste of money.

The culinary demonstrations have been reduced to one per day this year. They were reduced to two per day last year.

There's also been a reduction again this year on the number of beverage seminars. Only one scheduled on Sundays and also on some Saturdays.
Have they added other stuff to compensate in some way, or just figure they’ll funnel more people to booths? I imagine those margins are insane for them.

I expect the full list won't come out until Monday/Tuesday.

I have my "Post Your 2018 Special Events" prepped by date in a google document. Just need there to be more than 3 special events out (I don't include the low cost events on the thread)

Have they added other stuff to compensate in some way, or just figure they’ll funnel more people to booths? I imagine those margins are insane for them.

In my opinion, the quality of the demos and seminars has really taken a hit over the last several years. Most of the culinary demos are now hosted by chefs at Disney resorts or at restaurants in Florida. At one time, they had well known chef's from all over the country for the demos. Same with the beverage seminars, now most the winery's who do the presentations are fairly unknown.

As they've reduced the quality and increased the fees, the number of people who attend the seminars/demos have decreased. At least what I've witnessed over the last several years.

I had a question about the Eat to the Beat reserved seating. You need to book ADRs at 180 days to get the best guarantee of getting into the restaurants you want, but the booking for the ETTB reserved seating isn't open yet.

If I book an ADR now and the time/eligible restaurant etc. match what I'm reading from last year for eligibility, etc. will I be able to convert that ADR to an ETTB ADR when the bookings open?

I know some people may like them - but I found the Mix It Make It Take Its to be a real waste of money.

I was just going to ask for opinions on these - we are planning to be there on August 30th and they have a Mojito one listed. We like mojitos so I thought this could be fun, but wasn't sure about $39/person and taking up 1:15 of our day for this

I had a question about the Eat to the Beat reserved seating. You need to book ADRs at 180 days to get the best guarantee of getting into the restaurants you want, but the booking for the ETTB reserved seating isn't open yet.

If I book an ADR now and the time/eligible restaurant etc. match what I'm reading from last year for eligibility, etc. will I be able to convert that ADR to an ETTB ADR when the bookings open?
Don't think so, I believe you'll need to make a new ADR. Disney holds numerous tables at the Epcot table service restaurants for the dining packages.

I was just going to ask for opinions on these - we are planning to be there on August 30th and they have a Mojito one listed. We like mojitos so I thought this could be fun, but wasn't sure about $39/person and taking up 1:15 of our day for this

Oh, I didn't realize it went down in price. That makes it a bit better! When I originally did two the first year they were offered, they were $49.

In my opinion, the quality of the demos and seminars has really taken a hit over the last several years. Most of the culinary demos are now hosted by chefs at Disney resorts or at restaurants in Florida. At one time, they had well known chef's from all over the country for the demos. Same with the beverage seminars, now most the winery's who do the presentations are fairly unknown.

As they've reduced the quality and increased the fees, the number of people who attend the seminars/demos have decreased. At least what I've witnessed over the last several years.

They also used to offer a glass of wine with the culinary demos but that went away last year. I do think the $25 pairing events they’ve added look promising although I suppose it’s essentially what the old demos used to be (food & beverage) for even more $$. But there are some more widely known chefs doing them - Robert Irvine, Andrea Robinson (sommelier), Jeremy Ford who is a Top Chef winner etc.

They also used to offer a glass of wine with the culinary demos but that went away last year. I do think the $25 pairing events they’ve added look promising although I suppose it’s essentially what the old demos used to be (food & beverage) for even more $$. But there are some more widely known chefs doing them - Robert Irvine, Andrea Robinson (sommelier), Jeremy Ford who is a Top Chef winner etc.

We did a seminar with Robert Irvine in the past and it was enjoyable - though at least for that one he had an assistant who did the actual cooking while he played to the crowd - he's definitely engaging!

Also have seen Andrea Robinson at other events (outside of Disney) and she is super knowledgeable and have a good presentation style - definitely would recommend her session

Is Eat to the Beat dining package worth it as far as preferred seating area? The only thing I have to compare it to is Candlelight Processional. Can you hear/see the band from outside the stage?

Also...has anyone done the Sunday brunch with a chef? Our Sunday would be with Tiffani Thiessen, but I already have Cali Grill brunch booked that day and I'm not sure which would be better.

Also...has anyone done the Sunday brunch with a chef? Our Sunday would be with Tiffani Thiessen, but I already have Cali Grill brunch booked that day and I'm not sure which would be better.

I have, although looks like they’ve tweaked it a bit this year making it a buffet (previously a plated course that a server brought to table) and adding a meet & greet photo opp. Based on prior years, I’d only recommend if a huge Tiffani fan. The food itself hasn’t been great (the breakfast part, which is not cooked by the guest chef) and while advertised as a 2 hour event, in the past the guest chef has only come out for the last hour or so after people were done with the breakfast. The brunch at CG is getting rave reviews and would almost surely be better food (excluding whatever small plate offering the guest chef does). Personally I’d stick to that unless I was a huge fan of the guest chef.

I sent the list of Culinary Demos to my husband for the time frame of our trip and he replied back, "That's it? Where's the celebrity chefs?!" 2 years ago we missed some of his favorites by a few days, now we're not even in the same month as his favorites. Guess he'll have to wait for DCA F&W for celebrities next year.

I did the strawberry one last year and really liked it! I think the mojito one would be fun.

YESSSSS!!!! PFTS will be during my F&W trip! Went for the first time last year with my parents and we all really want to go again this year! w00t!!!!

There have been some updates to the bands for the Eat to the Beat concerts, see post #4.

I am so disappointed in the bands that are there when I'm there. Up until today there was the band that did "Who let the dogs out?", and the other two were TBAs. Not interested in that one, I hoped the other two would be better. Turns out they're bands I've never heard of. So, unfortunately, whereas in previous years I've really looked forward to the Eat to the Beat concerts, this year I don't plan to see any.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter