• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2020 Tropical Storms/Hurricanes

Something I want to point out to people who aren't accustomed to watching forecasts of tropical disturbances - the edges of the cone are the possible track of the center of circulation or eye of the storm, not the edges of the area possibly affected by the storm. In other words, per the forecast Ryan posted above, by 8 AM Tuesday the eye of a cat. 1 hurricane might be right there on the Florida Gulf Coast rather than out in the Gulf, meaning that Orlando would be experiencing winds and rain as a result.

I know many of you are already aware of that, but every now and then someone follows this thread and interprets the cone of uncertainty as being the extent of the storm's effects.

Just saw on twitter that there is a town Chauvin LA. South of NOLA that is currently under both hurricane watches for these storms at once... weather channel saying they can’t remember this ever happening. Wishing those who live there safety and whatever it takes to get through this.

I did read there has never been 2 hurricane landfalls to happen same day

And first time since 1939 there would be 2 hurricanes in the gulf at same time

Looking at the latest computers coming in and they are keeping the storm even FURTHER away from Florida.

If this trend continues it is very possible Florida might have some clouds and spotty rain and thats about it.

I am betting at 5pm with the new cone they will shift it yet again further south and west.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 10
Just saw on twitter that there is a town Chauvin LA. South of NOLA that is currently under both hurricane watches for these storms at once... weather channel saying they can’t remember this ever happening. Wishing those who live there safety and whatever it takes to get through this.
Yeah a guy DH works with said his house is in both cones of uncertainty. How fun 2020.

Yep 😔. Hoping for some shifts in the tracks...at least one of them!
I didn’t want to “like” your post, but I understand the sentiment. One thing that might help is with two systems that close together, the first one may churn up the water enough to keep the second from strengthening as much. Something about it reduces the temperature of the water and there’s not enough time for the temperature to go up again, which deprives the second storm of “fuel”. I wish they would just dissipate altogether.

I didn’t want to “like” your post, but I understand the sentiment. One thing that might help is with two systems that close together, the first one may churn up the water enough to keep the second from strengthening as much. Something about it reduces the temperature of the water and there’s not enough time for the temperature to go up again, which deprives the second storm of “fuel”. I wish they would just dissipate altogether.
Me too! I was joking maybe they’ll cancel each other out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter