Status
Not open for further replies.
oh pancake day.. i once ate about 8 big pancakes and they were covered in every topping i could find...

yup you guessed it- i was NEARLY sick!! (i wouldnt waste lovely pancakes!)

Its great that you found a trudy lee dress for £450!!?? I wish my dress cost that much!!

It is a shame you didn't find anything. You'll have a great time at the wedding show, I went last October, you can pick up a proper wedding dress that would normally be hundreds of pounds or even thousands for as little as £99 but you have to take it home with you then.

I am very large up top as well and was worried about getting a dress but I found one no problem.

Is Pancake Day the same as "Fat Tuesday" here in the US? Here we eat Paczki's (like donuts). Are they just regular US pancakes or some special UK pancakes? Oh right wedding stuff...:lmao: I'm sorry you didn't find a dress you like but I think it would be pretty cool if you had one made for you! Can't wait to read more!

Sorry Gem for talking about non wedding stuff ... BUT 'FAT TUESDAY' -That sounds like fun to me- you get to stuff your face all day on that Tuesday!!!?? I think we should have that day over here!!

Is Pancake Day the same as "Fat Tuesday" here in the US? Here we eat Paczki's (like donuts). Are they just regular US pancakes or some special UK pancakes? Oh right wedding stuff...:lmao: I'm sorry you didn't find a dress you like but I think it would be pretty cool if you had one made for you! Can't wait to read more!

No US & UK pancakes are different.

Pancake day or Shrove Tuesday to give it the correct name is the day before lent starts on Ash Wednesday.

Oi Stop talking about pancakes - you going to make we want to eat one on pancake day - and that is not part of my pre wedding (lost half your weight 18 months) diet!

Only joking by the way!:)

Making my save the dates....
Over the last couple of weeks I have been making and crafting a fwe things to sent out as save the date boxes to my 14 guests. I have not gone very "disney" as most of my guests have not been before and I dotn want to scare them off :rotfl:

My Save the Date Cards
I have a number of these made by www.vistaprint.co.uk - I think they came out really well, I upgraded the card to a textured one that does not come out in the photos. The matching envelopes are really cute too they have our names and address on the back :)

020-1.jpg

028-1.jpg

I had bought a load of white boxes from ebay and added this design when you open them up:

030-1.jpg

021-1.jpg

Save the Date Favours

My cookies from www.fairytalefavours.net arrived today they are so cute:

019-2.jpg

I look the sparkle on the icing!

I then put each cookie in another clear bag and added silver heart confetti (so they are in two bags - no confetti on the cookie!) and retied the bag with sage and silver ribbon

027-1.jpg

I then wrapped them up reusing the packaging fairytale favors had sent me

022-1.jpg

and once they were wrapped added this label :)

024-2.jpg

For the grand finale...

I bought 8 copies of the Top 10 Orlando Planning Guide to get everyone excited - they were only £2 each from Amazon marketplace :thumbsup2

025-1.jpg

026-1.jpg

I've finished all the boxes off today - it was very hard work I hope everyone likes it (and the cookies dont get smashed in the post!)

they are all so thoughtful ideas- everyone will love them!

How much did you pay for those cards at Vista print? I was thinking of putting little business cards in so people can reply on them, but i didnt know what to do for envelopes with my address on

they are all so thoughtful ideas- everyone will love them!

How much did you pay for those cards at Vista print? I was thinking of putting little business cards in so people can reply on them, but i didnt know what to do for envelopes with my address on

I loved Vistaprint! It is so easy to use, we got card sized one - so they are bigger than business cards, you get envelopes with the cards, could you order some envelopes with your address on the front?

I paid £15 for 12 - but I did upgrade the card, envelopes and also paid more so they would be sent within 7 days (they were delivered in 5!)

so i can get some cards with a reply thing on and get envelopes with an address on the front so guests can send them back all on vistaprint and for quite cheap??

i would just want some smallish cards i think, my std cards are 6x4 so a business card would fit nicely in there.

Do you reckon you can use the Disney type font on Vista print? Its just that inside our card is the Disney font- i will post photos on my PJ tomorrow morning.

I am leaving work now so i might not reply until tomorrow so thanks for the advice about vista print

so i can get some cards with a reply thing on and get envelopes with an address on the front so guests can send them back all on vistaprint and for quite cheap??

I would have thought so - you might have to make two orders thats all :)
i would just want some smallish cards i think, my std cards are 6x4 so a business card would fit nicely in there.

Do you reckon you can use the Disney type font on Vista print? Its just that inside our card is the Disney font- i will post photos on my PJ tomorrow morning.

I am not sure about this part - there were laods of different fonts on there - you might be abel to get something pretty close?
I am leaving work now so i might not reply until tomorrow so thanks for the advice about vista print
:)

Those are soooo beautiful you should be very proud of your self for doing all that i would have never of thought to double bag them so that i could put confetti in them i would of had it just stuck all over my cookie lol

wish i was getting one lol

and what a bargin on the planning book :D

gold star for your planning success today

Henry's mum and dad have recieved their save the date box and love it :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter