2nd thoughts-please help.

funhouse8

<font color=teal>How can you invest so much money
We were thinking of camping this December but my husband is having 2nd thoughts. Can anyone coming from long island let me know what it costs them to drive down. We are pulling a pop-up so we will get about 13 miles to a gallon. We wanted to make one stop and sleep in a cheap motel over night. There are six of us so airfare will be pretty steep and I really wanted to camp at Disney. Any input is greatly appreciated.

We have towed out pop up dow the last two Decembers. While I can't give you an estimate on cost of travel based on my experience, you have the most important number you need, 13 miles to the gallon.

Checking MapBlast (not knowing where on the island you are, I used Amityville as a starting point. It shows 1135 miles each way, for a total of 2270 +/-. At 13 MPG and average $1.50 a gallon its gong to cost around $262.50 in gas. Add $130 ($65 each) for a hotel each way and your travel costs are $392.00.

Even flying SouthWest from Islip you won't get airfare that cheep.

Now my opinion, GO.

December is my favorite time to visit FW.
  • Its cooler in the Pop Up
  • Disney is decorated for Christmas
  • It is the lowest cost of the year at FW

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter