30 sec rant - Victim of the lost room

Too bad that there is not a way for the CM to put a "Hold" on the room in question while they're typing in their information and/or asking for information from the member. It seems like this would make sense and be easy enough to do, right? Even when trying to make a switch...if the prefered room was put on "hold" while freeing up the points from the original ressie, then once the points were back in the members acct. they'd go right into the prefered ressie. If another CM is looking for availability at the same time the "hold feature" would take it out of the view of available inventory. Conceivably, you could have 3 or 4 CM's vying for the same BW view villa or OKW GV, etc. Why MUST you cancel one ressie to make another?...the CM can see whether or not you'll have enough points to make the transaction.

This reaction seems a bit over-the-top for the level of "mistake" that was made. The only error on the CM's part was being overly thorough. While I agree that she may not have needed to ask the question more than once, she was just making sure that she had all of the correct information. If she hadn't confirmed and had then made a mistake with the res, then we would be hearing a rant about THAT.

To the OP--sorry you lost your room! You are right...this is the one place where you can come and we will all understand the situation. Hang in there...I think it will work out through the waitlist! :goodvibes

Look, it is a little "over the top." Sometimes when people type things on the computer they tend to be a little "hotter" than they are in real life.

I would still complain, and explain that I had put my request in and felt it was unfair that I was not getting my room, but I would not "demand" that the employee by "punished," and I shouldn't have said that I would, okay.

We all know it's one of those quirks of the system & it's sucky (IMO).

We've all read the horror stories of people losing both their old & new rooms due to the system being unable to capture a room & hold it during the booking process. I feel really bad for those people.

Yes, I would much rather an agent be thorough (although in this case I do feel it was lack of listening & not trying to be thorough but...at any rate), knowing the system is what it is, when you are on the other end of the phone, on pins & needles, watching the seconds tick away you (OK, I) just want to scream "Shut up & book it already!" :furious:

I think the way the system is set up needs to be addressed along with on-line booking/availability options.

.... Why MUST you cancel one ressie to make another?...the CM can see whether or not you'll have enough points to make the transaction.

You have to have available points to make the reservation. If they are tied up in another reservation, they are not available. The system doesn't allow you to make two reservations with the same points. As it should.

I didn't have enough OKW points to reserve an OKW grand villa for 5 days. The cm booked for 3 days and told me to call back in October for the other two. I called back at the end of September instead and was told they weren't available, I should have called the exact day I was able (7-month window). ....

Do you know that they were available at seven months? Another OKW member could have booked them during their 11 month advantage period.

I had the same thing happen to me. I was livid and glad I did not cancel my SV boardwalk ressie.:sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter