ADRs?

• I like to reserve my diners in advance

Votes: 157 69.2%
  • I do not like to reserve my diners in advance

Votes: 70 30.8%

• Total voters
Who overlooks it?? I always see the CS and grab an gos busy and active.
I think people may overlook the grab and go as a meal option, thinking of it more for snacks. I could be wrong about that but it never hurts to point it out for anyone who might not have taken the time to really look at the grab and go choices.

We're firmly in the "no ADR" camp. The last ADR we made was dinner at BOG a couple of years ago and before that it had probably been 5 years or more since we had made an ADR. We are CS all the way.

Yesterday was our 180 day point. We had already discussed what our must do spots were, and what days we prefer. Then we had a great evening with the tv off just planning. I know that planning isn't for everyone, but this was our little Disney fix. It was a nice change and kept the magic alive.

Yesterday was our 180 day point. We had already discussed what our must do spots were, and what days we prefer. Then we had a great evening with the tv off just planning. I know that planning isn't for everyone, but this was our little Disney fix. It was a nice change and kept the magic alive.
When I plan, it's all part of the fun for me - keeping the magic and dreams alive! :) Wish I knew when my visit was gong to be, it's been over 3 years, and I'm jonesing! :)

Who overlooks it?? I always see the CS and grab an gos busy and active.

It seems our audience, the Disney superfans, enjoy reserving their dining reservations in advance.

I assume MOST people who go to the parks enjoy to do so as well.

I think there is a difference between people who make ADRs because they know they need to and would prefer to do it before they get there than while on vacation, and those who make ADRs because of a true *enjoyment* of the ADR making process.

I'll put myself in group 1. I make ADRs because I know I need to. If they came up with a system where I didn't have to make them 180 days out, and yet also didn't have to waste park time waiting in a line to get a table I'd be a very happy camper.

I am indifferent. If I can make a reservation for something I really like then great but for the most part I don't like to plan too much.

The main reason I like to plan ahead of time is that it allows me to think about Disney all the time, not just when I am there. It's snowing in CT right now so I am thinking about Disney a lot right now. :rolleyes:

I would hate no ADRs and in fact hate going anywhere without my restaurants booked. I like to plan my days around where we are eating and know when we are eating

I would hate no ADRs and in fact hate going anywhere without my restaurants booked. I like to plan my days around where we are eating and know when we are eating
Very well said,I agree! I plan my vacation around where I'm eating, not the other way around!

As an AP holder that frequents the parks, I would personally prefer a same-day system over the current system, I do not oppose ADRs I just believe that a certain amount of tables should be kept open for same day bookings instead of all tables as in the current system. There are certain restaurants that I haven't dined at in years due to the restaurants always been booked months in advance, it would be nice for one to be able to make a spur of the moment visit to a WDW park and at least have a selection of table service restaurants available for same-day dining.

As an AP holder that frequents the parks, I would personally prefer a same-day system over the current system, I do not oppose ADRs I just believe that a certain amount of tables should be kept open for same day bookings instead of all tables as in the current system. There are certain restaurants that I haven't dined at in years due to the restaurants always been booked months in advance, it would be nice for one to be able to make a spur of the moment visit to a WDW park and at least have a selection of table service restaurants available for same-day dining.

I do think there is a happy medium that would be something you describe - some tables are on advance ADRs and some are for day of of even just for walk-up only ... this way people who like to plan and plan their days around where they will eat still can but those that don't (or can't, or for APers like yourself) can still get in places

Our 180 day window starts tomorrow so we spent this morning finalizing plans ... which was really nice as it was a blizzard outside

And our arrival day plans of:
- Jock Lindy's and then Morimotos for lunch
followed by
- Trader Sam's and then Kona Cafe
followed by
- Drinks from the pool bar and watching Wishes from the Poly beach

seems even better with a foot of snow on the ground outside ;)

I kind of like making reservations ahead of time for restauarants on Vacation. Now I would rather have the window be 70 days out instead of 180 days out where it aligns better to when FP + window is.

Our 180 day window starts tomorrow so we spent this morning finalizing plans ... which was really nice as it was a blizzard outside

And our arrival day plans of:
- Jock Lindy's and then Morimotos for lunch
followed by
- Trader Sam's and then Kona Cafe
followed by
- Drinks from the pool bar and watching Wishes from the Poly beach

seems even better with a foot of snow on the ground outside ;)
You may never leave Trader Sam's :D It's not a bar..........its an event! For the most fun grab a bar stool when you get in.................trust me:-)

Doug :goofy:

You may never leave Trader Sam's :D It's not a bar..........its an event! For the most fun grab a bar stool when you get in.................trust me:-)

I remember those bar stools from the Adventurer's Club a LONG time ago......Sam's actually reminds me of that place a LOT, as does Skipper's Canteen - although the YouTube video of the CM's I saw singing the AC song murdered it terribly!!

Well, it depends on the stool, but even if you don't get one, keep an eye on the people who are sitting on them.

It is definitely a destination kind of place. We took DD there last week even though she's under 21. She actually really enjoyed her non-alcoholic concoction. They made it special for her because she's allergic to pineapple and everything on the menu had pineapple in it.

By the way, if you are collecting all of the souvenir glasses, the non-alcoholic drinks come in a nice plastic tiki glass different than all of the alcoholic drinks. Next on my wish list is a shrunken zombie head. I'll try to get one in July when we go.

Well, it depends on the stool, but even if you don't get one, keep an eye on the people who are sitting on them.

It is definitely a destination kind of place. We took DD there last week even though she's under 21. She actually really enjoyed her non-alcoholic concoction. They made it special for her because she's allergic to pineapple and everything on the menu had pineapple in it.

By the way, if you are collecting all of the souvenir glasses, the non-alcoholic drinks come in a nice plastic tiki glass different than all of the alcoholic drinks. Next on my wish list is a shrunken zombie head. I'll try to get one in July when we go.
Something else to keep in mind..I don't know if WDW does this, but when we went to TS at DLR, they brought us our drinks in the souvenir glasses, but they brought us ones to bring home already wrapped up and boxed up - ready to travel. I don't know if this is because we were leaving the next morning (and had already mentioned that to the server just in conversation), but it was appreciated to not have to bring it back to the hotel and clean them and figure out how to pack them. The glasses we were drinking from they kept.

Something else to keep in mind..I don't know if WDW does this, but when we went to TS at DLR, they brought us our drinks in the souvenir glasses, but they brought us ones to bring home already wrapped up and boxed up - ready to travel.
They do this in WDW too. After you pay you take your receipt to the hostess station and they give you your glasses. The only exception is the kids cup but they will dump and rinse that for you if you ask your server.

Yep - my Adventurer's Club canteen they did the same thing, and that was years ago.

We were at Disneyland back in October and made a trip to Trader Sam's and enjoyed it greatly - though with the kids/stroller we didn't fit inside so ate/drank outside and then made trips in to check it out ... hoping there is more room at the WDW version

Also not sure if I can sit at the bar with the kids

The kids cups are actually pretty cool, and much nicer than at most restaurants (at least the ones we got at DLR Trader Sam's)

The Shrunken Zombie Head was my favorite drink that we tried and also my favorite mug ... looking forward to getting some WDW unique mugs (though not sure if I can justify the Nautilus)

looking forward to getting some WDW unique mugs (though not sure if I can justify the Nautilus)
I picked up the Hippopotamaitai and the Krakatoa. The clear hippo glass is great as a pen/pencil holder. The Krakatoa is "prettier" and sits on my bar. I loved the idea of the Nautilus but after I saw it, I just couldn't justify the price.

I think it would be awful to not be able to book ADRs in advance. And I think Disney would lose a ton of money--what guest in their right mind would leave the Magic Kingdom and head to the Poly in the hopes of getting in to the Kona Cafe or 'Ohana?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter