38 Days Till Departure!!!

disneylifer

Mouseketeer
Sixth trip coming! Last year was our best ever for our family of four (myself, DW, DS-14, DD-10). This year we are taking my 72 year old mother (good health) who has always wanted to go and I finally can take her. Really, really hoping for a good trip. We planned about as tightly as ever last year, but still leaving many items open for last minute adjustments (what rides to actually ride, etc) and it was a great trip... seemed like we were always in the right place at the right time. Here is our schedule for this year (I wrote this for my mother, so that is why some things are somewhat described). Will be flying in, using Magical Express and staying at POR:

Wednesday (arrival day), March 8 :banana:
Thought we would go on over to Magic Kingdom for the afternoon. Try and catch Share a Dream Parade at 3:00. Have 5:00 dinner reservations at the Liberty Tree Tavern. Make a fairly early evening of it since we will have been up so long, traveled, etc.

Thursday, March 9
Try to make the early entry at Magic Kingdom... can do some of the more popular attractions. Then, head over to MGM Studios for a 12:45 lunch reservation at the Sci-Fi diner. If possible, catch the 3:30 parade (Stars and Motor Cars) and spend the rest of the evening at MGM. Might try and do some popular attractions while crowds are at the Fantasmic fireworks show.

Friday, March 10:
8:00 breakfast reservations at Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary resort. From there we will take the monorail from the Contemporary resort to EPCOT. Basically do counter service restaurants for food for the rest of the day (Fish and Chips in the United Kingdom, Burgers and dogs at the Electric Umbrella in EPCOT?). Plan to stay for the late hours at EPCOT and do the fireworks
display (Illuminations). Maybe a mid-day break at the motel for rest and/or swim?

Saturday, March 11:
Go to Animal Kingdom at about the normal opening (9:00). Try and stay till park closing at 5:00, catching the 4:00 parade (Jammin Jungle Parade). Then we'll head over to the World Showcase at EPCOT for a 7:00 dinner at Alfredo's in Italy. Go to room after dinner.

Sunday, March 12:
This will be a fun one! Try and be at Magic Kingdom at normal opening (9:00) and stay all day and stay for the late night. We'll have a 1:40 lunch at the Crystal Palace. We'll catch the fireworks display at 10:00 and the 11:00 (yes, PM) running of the Spectro Magic parade. Good day for a mid-day motel rest and swim. In the evening, probably do a counter service meal at Pinnochios Haus.

Monday, March 13
Probably start a little later since we will have been up so late the night before. Go to MGM Studios with the plan to do another late night (again, this is not as late as the Magic Kingdom late night... probably midnight). We'll take a mid-day break from MGM to head back over to the World Showcase at EPCOT for a 1:20 lunch reservation at the LeCelier Steak House in Canada. Head back over to MGM (maybe after a rest?) for the late night, including a 9:00 performance of Fantasmic.

Tuesday, March 14
This day is somewhat open, depending on what we have been able to accomplish before. Fill in EPCOT, AK or MGM depending on favorites that we haven’t been able to do so far. We might split two. Regardless, we will need to be back at EPCOT at 1:00 lunch at the Garden Grill.

Wednesday, March 15
Planned on this being a relaxing shopping and browsing day at Downtown Disney. Have a 1:00 lunch reservation at the Wolfgang Puck cafe. If we want, we can finish the evening off at a park, or at the motel.

Thursday, March 16 :guilty:
6:30 Flight home.

Let me know what you think!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter