• POP! with camp bed

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Other

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mommajo143

DIS Veteran
we are currently booked POR / alligator bayou with the 5th sleeper / fold-up bed so DS16 (5'10") and DS12 dont have to share a bed... However, DS12 is 5'5" and I am pretty sure this is a tough fit for him...DSs and DH are refusing off-site where we can get more sleep surfaces (Drury Inn has 2 queens and a fold up couch which is same price for this particular week due to promos at both locations) We are considering bringing a camping mattress (twin sized) "just in case"... well i started thinking about it and now I wonder if it makes sense (or would be frowned upon) to just bring the camping mattress (rolls up nicely like a sleeping bag) and stay at the POP! instead which we love and would mean a little more wiggle room in our budget. Thoughts???

All-Star Music Family Suite and Art of Animation Family Suites are rooms at Value resorts that have more than 2 legitimate sleeping services; e.g. Murphy beds with real mattresses and pullout couches/chairs with full-size and comfortable sleeping surfaces.

All-Star Music Family Suite and Art of Animation Family Suites are rooms at Value resorts that have more than 2 legitimate sleeping services; e.g. Murphy beds with real mattresses and pullout couches/chairs with full-size and comfortable sleeping surfaces.
unfortunately the music family suites are not available for our dates and AoA suites are out of our budget.

In my experience the resorts don’t care if you bring an air mattress as long as you’re under the occupancy limit. I’ve used one before several times in DVC villas over the years for various reasons and no one’s ever said anything. I would just lean it up against something or deflate it during the day. Id go with pop and the air mattress if it gives you sky liner access, more sleep area and saves money. That’s more food/souvenir $ and you can never have too much of that

I'm an average sized adult female and I've slept on the single pull out at several resorts, though not this one. It's a little narrow, but I'd think it would fit plenty of people.

I'd def prefer it to an air mattress, though I do have a kid's air mattress in my owner's locker.

I'd just bring a real air mattress and stay at Pop.

Last edited:
we are currently booked POR / alligator bayou with the 5th sleeper / fold-up bed so DS16 (5'10") and DS12 dont have to share a bed... However, DS12 is 5'5" and I am pretty sure this is a tough fit for him...DSs and DH are refusing off-site where we can get more sleep surfaces (Drury Inn has 2 queens and a fold up couch which is same price for this particular week due to promos at both locations) We are considering bringing a camping mattress (twin sized) "just in case"... well i started thinking about it and now I wonder if it makes sense (or would be frowned upon) to just bring the camping mattress (rolls up nicely like a sleeping bag) and stay at the POP! instead which we love and would mean a little more wiggle room in our budget. Thoughts???
Pop would be a really tough/tight fit. Honestly ASSp before they finish the refurbs would be better and save even more money. We've done a single air matress in the PORFQ rooms and didn't have any issues with that.

We just stayed at Pop in Feb. and I was specifically looking at the floor space and thought it didn't seem like enough room for any kind of air matress. It's just pretty tiny with both beds down.

My 5 foot 5 adult sister stayed with us at CBR and stayed on the pull out. Not sure if they're the same size, but she was fine with it.

Since it's an issue of two boys not wanting to sleep together, and you are spending more just for a small bunk style bed ........... I would save the money and bring the camping mattress. POP :hippie:

Last edited:
My 5 foot 5 adult sister stayed with us at CBR and stayed on the pull out. Not sure if they're the same size, but she was fine with it.
the CBR fold down / 5th sleeper is reportedly an inch shorter or the same length. I confess i have no idea if the CBR has a pullout sofa option but assuming your sister stayed in the 5th sleeper twin do-dad this is super helpful!

Pop would be a really tough/tight fit. Honestly ASSp before they finish the refurbs would be better and save even more money. We've done a single air matress in the PORFQ rooms and didn't have any issues with that.
do you recall the room you had at POFQ - this is our absolute FAVORITE moderate resort and def would be willing to consider this...POP! sounds iffy because of floor space.

do you recall the room you had at POFQ - this is our absolute FAVORITE moderate resort and def would be willing to consider this...POP! sounds iffy because of floor space.
I'm not sure of the room number, but it was a regular room with 2 queens. - It was NOT a corner room. We were able to put the twin air mattress beside the bed closet to the door - in between the bed and wall/window. We put it up (leaned against the wall) during the day, but we didn't have any issues.

Just looked up the map. We were in building 4, furthest from the lobby, on the top floor facing the lobby, but not a corner room. Our beds faced away from the resort/towards the bus stops. That's as close as I'll be able to get to the exact room :)

I'm pretty sure there is things in the POP forum about an air mattress and that it will fit if you slide part of it under the bed. Try searching there!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cheer2:

This is exactly the feedback i was hoping for!
As long as they are not a restless sleeper, the fold down bed should work. It is narrow, I am only 5'3" and I would roll off of it (not because I didn't fit but because I toss and turn all night!).

I'm not sure of the room number, but it was a regular room with 2 queens. - It was NOT a corner room. We were able to put the twin air mattress beside the bed closet to the door - in between the bed and wall/window. We put it up (leaned against the wall) during the day, but we didn't have any issues.

Just looked up the map. We were in building 4, furthest from the lobby, on the top floor facing the lobby, but not a corner room. Our beds faced away from the resort/towards the bus stops. That's as close as I'll be able to get to the exact room :)
i just needed room category / type info ~ this is great, THANK YOU!

We had to stay at Pop one night due to plans changing and had an air mattress (my nephews won't share a bed). It was tight, but it did fit. It was placed between the entry door and the bed. POFQ would have more room, but Pop will work.

Also, if you can, keep hunting for a family suite at AS Music. Should be the same or less than a mod room and you will gain a ton of space. Folks book and cancel all the time. For example, I’m holding one for September and I’m not sure if I’m going solo or with friends yet! Can’t get the friends to commit that far in advance. I expect to know only about 3-4 weeks in advance. I got one on my last family trip about 3 weeks in advance. Total luck that someone had canceled around when I was bothering to check.

We were at CBR in February, and our middle daughter slept on the 5th/pull-down sleeper. She's 5'5" and was fine!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter