4th Fastpass easier today 6/7 than yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really does sound like there were a lot of people using junk bands to double dip on FP upon park arrival. Lots of people have admitted to it here, and I've seen it referenced in many trip reports. For all the people who post about it, there are lots more who don't bother to post. The other method, no, probably not too many.
I beg to differ. I've never heard anyone who was doing it say they had to wait more than 1 person to access a kiosk at park open. So how many people could have been doing this?

No, I don't really think it's going to change. But only time will tell

I've asked this before but do folks really think hundreds were booking illegitimate FP? I don't.

I do.

Even so, the moment one scammer sucked up one pass thereby eliminating another legitimate paying guest access to it it's one too many. WDW vacations are increasingly expensive. The company cannot turn a blind eye while knowingly accepting payment from other guests who pay the freight and have no legitimate access to a chunk of the resources they're paying for.

It's bad enough the company expects customers to book dining 180 days out and attractions 60 days out, yet thinks it's acceptable to schedule non emergency refurbishments and shutdowns in less than that timeframe, necessitating guests to unexpectedly make changes to plans with very little notice. Knowingly overlooking some guests double, triple dipping and more into the very pool of fastpasses the company is so proud to advertise as a luxury perk of their resort doesn't look very good. Nope, that doesn't look good at all.

Not here any longer. It was all deleted. I'd try Facebook. Unless someone else knows of another link.

I found this in a an article on WDW News Today:

"any guest who uses a FastPass under tickets not used for that day’s theme park admission will have their associated MyDisneyExperience account and the ability to book any further FastPasses locked at the end of that day. The system will apparently run through all accounts to find any culprits overnight, and then lock the account should it find a FastPass was booked illegitimately. Guests with these infractions will have to visit guest relations in order to unlock their accounts. Guest relations will only unlock the accounts if the act was deemed to not be malicious."

Ok, so, if Mom and sick Billy stay back at the resort (DO NOT use their admission to enter the park) and Dad and Sue go to the park, Dad and Sue cannot change the party of Mom and Billy's FP to Dad and Sue and use them because Mom and Billy's fastpasses were booked under tickets NOT used for park admission that day. (Finally have an answer to that!)

What if Mom and Billy DID go to the park but left early and Dad and Sue are still there. It seems that they can "legally" change the party of Mom and Billy's FP to Dad and Sue because Mom and Billy's tickets WERE used for admission that day.

What I'm reading doesn't say anything about the tickets having to be in the park at the time the fastpasses are transferred to someone else or at the time the fastpasses are used.

The capital needed to buy all of those annual passes might be daunting to an unofficial tour guide, especially considering that Disney is finally taking action against FP loopholes. I also question how the tour guide would scan all of those APs in. Wouldn't he be noticed going back & forth through ticketing again and again? Especially doing it on a regular basis, day after day?

I am wondering if it would be allowed to buy two tickets and that same person enter the line twice for the day using two different valid tickets. I for one would be willing to spend $500+ on an AP that I would use say on (3) trips per year to get (6) FP+ per day instead of (3) FP+ per day. I would be willing to pay Disney that amount to get that extra benefit. Does anyone know if buying two tickets for one person and using both the same day is a violation of ToS?

I am wondering if it would be allowed to buy two tickets and that same person enter the line twice for the day using two different valid tickets. I for one would be willing to spend $500+ on an AP that I would use say on (3) trips per year to get (6) FP+ per day instead of (3) FP+ per day. I would be willing to pay Disney that amount to get that extra benefit. Does anyone know if buying two tickets for one person and using both the same day is a violation of ToS?

I would think the limitation is 3 FP per admission. Not 3 FP per person. If one person has 2 admissions, more power to you. I think you'd just have to enter the park on admission 1, immediately exit and then enter the park on admission 2. BAM, both were used to enter the park so both sets of FP can be used.

That should be fine. In fact, I suspect Disney would really like that. (Visualize a hands rubbing together emoji.) The violation is people who have an extra, separate ticket or pass they aren't using for entry (& can therefore use again & again for FPs in violation of TOS), and transferring prebooked FP+ from those onto their bands in the park.

You must be a Florida resident. The cheapest annual pass available to non-Florida residents & non-military costs over $800 including tax.

Last edited:
I would think the limitation is 3 FP per admission. Not 3 FP per person. If one person has 2 admissions, more power to you. I think you'd just have to enter the park on admission 1, immediately exit and then enter the park on admission 2. BAM, both were used to enter the park so both sets of FP can be used.
Or use different MDE accounts to buy two separate 1-park tickets for a day of park hopping between two parks, and use one ticket for each park, instead of buying a park-hopper. Might be a reasonable upcharge if you were only going to buy a 1-day park hopper ticket in the first place.

Last edited:
this is against the rules and the very scenario that the blogs have been posting about that would generate a lock on the account.

How on earth would a guide realistically have to walk to the front of the park, exit, wait in line again to enter and walk back to rejoin the group? might as well just wait in line for the ride at that point! IMO not a realistic scenario at all.

This is not a scenario that woudl result in a lock on the account, because the magicband that is used to scan into the park is the same magicband that would be used at the FP tapstile.

Whether it's worth the time to exit and re-enter, back and forth, is a debatable issues. At rope drop, maybe not. In the middle of the day, probably.

Is it still "legal" to swap another person's MB while in the park to use a FP+ they don't want to use? Let's say they chicken out of a ToT FP+. Can I use it? If not, can I transfer it from them to me?

Actually, I'm thinking they wouldn't care if you used your admission 1 at the tapstile to enter the park and then just stood there and used your admission 2 to enter the park.

I found this in a an article on WDW News Today:

"any guest who uses a FastPass under tickets not used for that day’s theme park admission will have their associated MyDisneyExperience account and the ability to book any further FastPasses locked at the end of that day. The system will apparently run through all accounts to find any culprits overnight, and then lock the account should it find a FastPass was booked illegitimately. Guests with these infractions will have to visit guest relations in order to unlock their accounts. Guest relations will only unlock the accounts if the act was deemed to not be malicious."

Ok, so, if Mom and sick Billy stay back at the resort (DO NOT use their admission to enter the park) and Dad and Sue go to the park, Dad and Sue cannot change the party of Mom and Billy's FP to Dad and Sue and use them because Mom and Billy's fastpasses were booked under tickets NOT used for park admission that day. (Finally have an answer to that!)

What if Mom and Billy DID go to the park but left early and Dad and Sue are still there. It seems that they can "legally" change the party of Mom and Billy's FP to Dad and Sue because Mom and Billy's tickets WERE used for admission that day.

What I'm reading doesn't say anything about the tickets having to be in the park at the time the fastpasses are transferred to someone else or at the time the fastpasses are used.
Yeah, that's basically it. What I don't know is the source of the info. Disney, speculation, or what. Not that it really matters, curious more than anything. They say apparently runs through accounts. Not sure anyone (who's talking) knows exactly what their plans are

Is it still "legal" to swap another person's MB while in the park to use a FP+ they don't want to use? Let's say they chicken out of a ToT FP+. Can I use it? If not, can I transfer it from them to me?
As long as both of you entered the park that day, yes

I think this is what they care about: Does the MB used to enter the FP line have valid park admission and was that admission used to enter the park today? Additionally, if the FP was transferred from another MB, did the MB that originally booked the FP have valid park admission that was used to enter the park today?

Example: Bob booked an advance FP for TOT 60 days ago. Bob transferred it to Sue. Sue transferred it to Mary. Mary transferred it to Bill. Bill transferred it to Carrie.

Carrie goes to the TOT FP line and tries to enter. Was Bob's and Carrie's admission used to enter the park that day? If yes, she can enter. If no, she cannot.

Here's another question. Did Bob have to enter HS using his admission? Or could he have gone to Epcot and decided to not go to HS (assume park hopper)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter