• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

6 days of DDP- worked great!! ALOT OF FOOD

mspdieselbear

Working for my next Disney vacation!
Here is my review and our experience with the free DDP!!

This was a trip with DW and me. NO KIDS!!!

We arrived at POR on 08/25 around 6:00pm.

08/25 Captain Jacks (DD) was great!! Yes, you can have the twin lobster tails :banana: DW had the twin tails, she loved it. I had the top sirloin with lobster tail add on!! fresh veggies were awesome, everything was great, our server was Bobbie, she was wonderful (35 years with Disney).

REMINDER: your server will get a 18% gratuity at TS meals already added on the bill. The more expensive the meal is, the bigger the tip is!!! I shared that with Bobbie, she laughed and said you are right!! :thumbsup2
Our total for the meal for the 2 of us was $124.00 !!!

08/26 Nine Dragons (Epcot) was good. I felt it was average chinese food. server was ok, spoke broken english, messed up the desserts (oh well).

We ate lunch at the Land, Sunshine Season Foodfair, we both had salads...very very good..Loved the way they changed it.

8/27 O'hannas......(Poly).....always great.... main server was a little slow, they used a 2 server concept. The 2nd server was very good. I gave him some cash (I'm told they split the 18%), he was very appreciative.

We at lunch at Pecos Bills (MK) salad and a wrap....both good (we share).

08/28 50's prime time (MGM)....DW had meatloaf, she loved it...
I had pork tenderloin, very bad small overcooked portion...could have been jerkey....I should have sent it back, (I dont complain at restaurants).
Get the onion rings !!!! OH, order the shakes, yes they are included as drinks!!

We ate lunch at Back lot express, salad and chicken strips..both good!!

08/29 Boma.....(AKL)......good, I would not recommend for children, however they do have chicken strips and spaghetti for them....
Seafood soups were fantastic....Service was good... lots of different flavors there!!

We at lunch at Flametree BBQ (AK), I loved it.....DW liked it.

08/30 Back to Captain Jacks.....(we canc. a ADR to go back) yes we liked it that much!!!! same meals as 08/25!!!

We at lunch at Col. cotton mill (food court at POR)....philly cheese steak was awesome....DW had chicken sand....good!!

08/31 Lunch at Cosmic Rays starlight cafe (MK)....We had to eat a greasey hamburger with all the fixin's our last day at Disney!! (we had to leave and go to Tampa in the afternoon)

For snacks we were bad, we got the nestle tollhouse cookie ice cream sandwiches (every day)!!! Boy are those good!!!

I saved all receipts and kept totals!!! I will add those up and post totals Sat.

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ADR EVERY DAY....ALOT OF PEOPLE WERE BEING TURNED AWAY AT ALL RESTAURANTS!!!!!

ENJOY!!!

Sounds great I want to hear those totals to see if I should get the plan. Lobster yummmmy!!!!

IWISHFORDISNEY said:
Sounds great I want to hear those totals to see if I should get the plan. Lobster yummmmy!!!!

I just totaled all recpts from 6 days of free DDP for 2 adults.
Total $714.00, We felt it was great for us. We have never eaten so well at WDW.
We are thinking about a trip next summer with 3 kids and paying for DDP!! In the past we have eaten alot of hamburgers/chicken strips for dinner. We usually only ate at the more expensive restaurants a couple of nights in a 7 day trip.

We ate twice at Captain Jacks, those meals were $123.00 and $128.00!! (includes the 18% gratuity).

Enjoy!!

mspdieselbear said:
For snacks we were bad, we got the nestle tollhouse cookie ice cream sandwiches (every day)!!! Boy are those good!!!

:thumbsup2

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

I keep hearing how great Capn Jack is. I'm thinking of giving it a try on our next trip. Is it a two or one credit restaurant?

Visitors from the UK can book free dining now for next summer. I hope they offer it to us soon. :wizard:

Thanks for the totals. We have decided to add the dining plan to our ressie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter