9/16/2017 Magic Transatlantic from Barcelona

Hello everyone! my mom (Pat) and I (Debbie) are booked on this cruise. we are disney veterans, however this will be the longest we have taken! super excited for all the sea days and new ports to explore.

all the ports except Barcelona are new for us, so all touring tips are much appreciated. Happy Planning everyone!

Welcome! You will love the extra time on the ship I'm sure!

Hello everyone! my mom (Pat) and I (Debbie) are booked on this cruise. we are disney veterans, however this will be the longest we have taken! super excited for all the sea days and new ports to explore.

all the ports except Barcelona are new for us, so all touring tips are much appreciated. Happy Planning everyone!

Hi, let me know if you want to be a part of the postcard exchange. Also give me your stateroom category or number. Thanks.

You have been added to page one.

Anyone else who is going interested in the postcard exchange?

Greetings and salutations!!
I'm please to say that DH Paul and I will be on the WBTA with all of you. It will be our 14th DCL cruise and our 4th WBTA. We were on the 2007, 2010 and the 2014 westbound voyages so some of you may remember us from those trips if you are returning cruisers. Currently, we are a GTY in a category 5A so I will update you when we have a cabin number. We would love to participate in the FE again and I will post on that thread as well.
FYI- I just bought airfare this morning after seeing a very good fare. We're paying $444 pp with taxes from Chicago. I have waiting longer in the past to book airfare so jumped on this price this morning when I saw it.
We are looking forward to meeting all of you in September!
Lisa Marie
Bearfan

Well we moved to a different cruise since our wedding is going to be later then we thought. I hope you all have fun on this one.

I'm please to say that DH Paul and I will be on the WBTA with all of you. It will be our 14th DCL cruise and our 4th WBTA. We were on the 2007, 2010 and the 2014 westbound voyages so some of you may remember us from those trips if you are returning cruisers. Currently, we are a GTY in a category 5A so I will update you when we have a cabin number. We would love to participate in the FE again and I will post on that thread as well.
FYI- I just bought airfare this morning after seeing a very good fare. We're paying $444 pp with taxes from Chicago. I have waiting longer in the past to book airfare so jumped on this price this morning when I saw it.
Lisa Marie
Bearfan

Welcome Lisa Marie! If possible, can you provide either your stateroom number or category, and whether you want to participate in the postcard exchange (although I did see you post on the FE site for that). Thanks. Happy planning1

Well we moved to a different cruise since our wedding is going to be later then we thought. I hope you all have fun on this one.

I am sorry to hear that you won't be joining this one, but certainly hope you have a wonderful time on the cruise you chose. And happy honeymoon!

SAD NEWS (for me) ................

I have been delaying this announcement as I kept hoping things would change, but unfortunately they have not. Due to a rather scary medical situation I am going through, doing an itinerary outside the country this year seems too risky [no, it's not cancer]. Until tests are done and pronosis are settled on, I'm not even sure I will be able to do any of my other scheduled trips this year.

Making the decision to cancel was agonizing as this WBTA had everything I wanted to do including our original cabin from the 2007 WBTA and returning to Barcelona. I will get everything back but the airfare -- hoping that the travel insurance comes through for that!

HOWEVER, I am quite proud of this thread (for my first cruise meet one) and will be more than happy to keep on it -- updating it and providing any and all information and input. It will keep me busy and make me feel like I'm still a part of the trip ::yes::

So how about y'all start posting your stateroom locations or room numbers so I can update the first page?!? :surfweb:

I'm sorry you won't be joining us on this cruise, but you'll be on the right one for you. Enjoy your honeymoon!

I have been delaying this announcement as I kept hoping things would change, but unfortunately they have not. Due to a rather scary medical situation I am going through, doing an itinerary outside the country this year seems too risky [no, it's not cancer]. Until tests are done and pronosis are settled on, I'm not even sure I will be able to do any of my other scheduled trips this year.

Making the decision to cancel was agonizing as this WBTA had everything I wanted to do including our original cabin from the 2007 WBTA and returning to Barcelona. I will get everything back but the airfare -- hoping that the travel insurance comes through for that!

HOWEVER, I am quite proud of this thread (for my first cruise meet one) and will be more than happy to keep on it -- updating it and providing any and all information and input. It will keep me busy and make me feel like I'm still a part of the trip ::yes::

So how about y'all start posting your stateroom locations or room numbers so I can update the first page?!? :surfweb:

I'm so sorry to hear this. I completely understand about scary medical conditions so I wish all the best for you. Thank you for all of the work you have put into this cruise meet thread!

Big encouraging hugs and prayers.

May we bring you something back from this trip to keep you thinking of the one you'll hopefully be able to schedule soon? :) Think of us as your guinea pigs while you wait for the perfect trip timing for *you!

Lisa Marie
Bearfan

Welcome! I was on all those ones too lol! Great catch on the airfare!

Sad to see you go but hope you have a great cruise

Please please please stay with us on the thread at least! I hope everything goes well and although its a hard decision its the right one for you I'm sure! I think I posted my room but maybe not so its 6131 (could just check the first post but that means coming out of this post and that's too difficult lol)

Please please please stay with us on the thread at least! I hope everything goes well and although its a hard decision its the right one for you I'm sure! I think I posted my room but maybe not so its 6131 (could just check the first post but that means coming out of this post and that's too difficult lol)

Thanks, Sarah. I have added your stateroom number to page one.

I cried when I cancelled the actual cruise with my TA. It was such a perfect scenario and everything had fallen into place so well. I did hear from the insurance company and they have denied my claim for airfare -- so what's the point of the trip insurance!?! First time I am actually filing a claim in 16 years with trip insurance, so I am disillusioned and bummed! That's a big chunk to loose. Contacted the airline to see if maybe we can get a voucher for future use. Other than that, I will be waiting around MRI and test results and hoping no surgery is needed!

Being on these boards keeps me sane :upsidedow LOL

Big encouraging hugs and prayers.

May we bring you something back from this trip to keep you thinking of the one you'll hopefully be able to schedule soon? :) Think of us as your guinea pigs while you wait for the perfect trip timing for *you!

Oh my, what a lovely gesture. You know what I regret the most -- that I can't bring postcards for everyone LOL. I am crossing my fingers that the WBTA 2018 will be as nicely priced and have close to the same itinerary and maybe I'll be able to go on that one. If I could have gone this year it would have been the 10 year anniversary from our first transatlantic.

So keep the info coming and I'll keep updating.

I'm so sorry to hear this. I completely understand about scary medical conditions so I wish all the best for you. Thank you for all of the work you have put into this cruise meet thread!

Thanks so much. I love doing this thread and hope I can do another in the future.

Thanks, Sarah. I have added your stateroom number to page one.

I cried when I cancelled the actual cruise with my TA. It was such a perfect scenario and everything had fallen into place so well. I did hear from the insurance company and they have denied my claim for airfare -- so what's the point of the trip insurance!?! First time I am actually filing a claim in 16 years with trip insurance, so I am disillusioned and bummed! That's a big chunk to loose. Contacted the airline to see if maybe we can get a voucher for future use. Other than that, I will be waiting around MRI and test results and hoping no surgery is needed!

Being on these boards keeps me sane :upsidedow LOL

That's the trouble with insurance, they always wiggle themselves out! My parents were burgled last week and we have the loss adjuster coming around this week so I'm sure we will end up with a similar outcome - INSURANCE SHOULD COVER THINGS!!!!

Good evening fellow Cruisers ,
I going to be booking the following tour for the Day we are in Lisbon and we are looking to see if either a family of 3 or a couple would like to join us and split the cost, we are a family of 3. From what I read the the $259 cover up to 6 people so I figure we could split.

Its Called Lisbon & Belém Highlights Private Tour and we go to the following stops. We do have to still get tickets to two that I underlined. Please click the link for more information and let me know if you want to join please message me. Thanks
Cathedral of Lisbon
Nossa Senhora do Monte viewpoint
Baixa-Chiado
Bairro Alto
Estrela
Jerónimos Monastery Church
Belém Tower
Discoveries Monument
http://www.toursbylocals.com/LisbonBelemPrivateLocalTourGuideSmallGroupTourruisers

Thanks for the offer. The tour looks good but I've opted for the hop on hop off instead as been to Lisbon before and not sure I want to do too much. I'm sure there will be others that will jump on though as it covers all the major things!

Good evening fellow Cruisers ,
I going to be booking the following tour for the Day we are in Lisbon and we are looking to see if either a family of 3 or a couple would like to join us and split the cost, we are a family of 3. From what I read the the $259 cover up to 6 people so I figure we could split.

Its Called Lisbon & Belém Highlights Private Tour and we go to the following stops. We do have to still get tickets to two that I underlined. Please click the link for more information and let me know if you want to join please message me. Thanks
Cathedral of Lisbon
Nossa Senhora do Monte viewpoint
Baixa-Chiado
Bairro Alto
Estrela
Jerónimos Monastery Church
Belém Tower
Discoveries Monument
http://www.toursbylocals.com/LisbonBelemPrivateLocalTourGuideSmallGroupTourruisers

That's a great tour. If we were still going, we could have joined you! I will list the tour site link on page one for excursions.

Sorry to be so late to the party. Life keeps getting in the way.
RedSox68, thanks for all your work, and sorry you had to cancel. I understand scary medical conditions as well.

This will be our 11th cruise, first transatlantic, first time in Europe. Learning about one way airfare has been quite a lesson.

Dave and Kathy, drclaws and DVC Kathy, cabin 7554.

The postcard exchange sounds like fun.

Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter